Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, kec523 said:

I disagree with the interpretation - I think that because earlier in the instructions it makes it clear that Item 9 is for the assets that you may choose to list as an option (the part I shared), when the instructions come for number 9 it is already clear that you don't need to list them - and yes, I mean for the household, and I actually have your same train of thought. I guess I should clarify.  My husband (the applicant) has no assets.  0. No bank accounts at all anywhere.  Any assets I list there would be household assets (my assets as the American spouse) and I don't want to list only my bank accounts when I have many other assets.  I feel I should be listing all or none, not picking and choosing - that seems like hiding to me.  The amount of time it would take and bulk it would add to our application to include all of those assets (I have every single option on the dropdown) seems to me not a good choice and almost redundant.  

I can agree that if these assets were my husband's they would make much more sense to include to help with the whole public charge thing.  But as his sponsor and sharing all my tax information, I think that's enough.  However, maybe they did reject me for leaving the table blank.  It now says "N/A" on every line.  

Can't speak for anyone else, but in our case we listed and included summary reports of all my husbands (petitioner) assets; savings, investments and 401k I did not list any of mine however.

We also included 12 months of bank statements and 6 months of paystubs and a letter from his boss with a statement of employment with his salary included.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question about the form i-944.

I know for the i-864, you can submit tax transcripts which you can get them directly from the IRS website or tax returns.  The tax transcript is a document verifying that the IRS has received your tax return and has processed it.  However, in the "Household Income" section from the i-944, they only mention about the "tax transcripts" as evidence. It says that if you haven't filed U.S. tax reports, we need to provide our foreign tax "transcripts" as evidence. I don't think we have such thing as "tax transcript" in Canada. I do have a tax report and T4 in my hand. The question is can I use my Canadian tax report, not tax transcript, along with T4?  If not, what is the Canadian equivalent to the USA tax transcript?

Is there anyone who have submitted a Canadian report as a supporting document? Let me know if I can use my Canadian tax report along with my T4 from last year. If not, let me know where I can get my Canadian "tax transcript" because nowhere on the CRA website says they provide a tax transcript.

Edited by Gak

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/9/2020 at 6:18 PM, kec523 said:

Hi all.  Well, my fears have come true.  Our application came back again today with the exact same note, that it wasn't fully completed.  I am so confused and sad.  I do not know what we are possibly doing wrong. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? : ( 

Hi kec523, my application was rejected for the very same reason yours was. Received it back in the mail this past Friday, so I'm feeling the exact same way you are. I'm about to start going back through everything to find where I went wrong. Will you be sending your application back the exact way they returned it (albeit with new forms) or re-organizing evidence to go with each respective form? Also, since the rejections push everything back have you been including any information from the last month as well (as in any updated evidence that may have changed between March and April)? Thank you for any advice, and I'm sorry that you are experiencing the rejections too!

14 minutes ago, AlanaM said:

Hi kec523, my application was rejected for the very same reason yours was. Received it back in the mail this past Friday, so I'm feeling the exact same way you are. I'm about to start going back through everything to find where I went wrong. Will you be sending your application back the exact way they returned it (albeit with new forms) or re-organizing evidence to go with each respective form? Also, since the rejections push everything back have you been including any information from the last month as well (as in any updated evidence that may have changed between March and April)? Thank you for any advice, and I'm sorry that you are experiencing the rejections too!

Same as you guys, ours was rejected also, but due to wrong edition even though it was right.. 

personally, we’re reprinting everything prior to resubmitting, they kindly muddled everything up on returning it so it needs to be checked for completion, everything has their scan/print markings on and the package is half trashed. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Same as you guys, ours was rejected also, but due to wrong edition even though it was right.. 

personally, we’re reprinting everything prior to resubmitting, they kindly muddled everything up on returning it so it needs to be checked for completion, everything has their scan/print markings on and the package is half trashed. 

I am thinking along the same lines of just re-printing everything too.. Will you re-do your other forms (I-130 etc) or leave them as they were? 

38 minutes ago, AlanaM said:

20 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

14 minutes ago, AlanaM said:

I am thinking along the same lines of just re-printing everything too.. Will you re-do your other forms (I-130 etc) or leave them as they were? 

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this too.  I am reprinting all of the USCIS forms as I went through and put N/A in any possible spot it could be, so they look different.  I am re-using all of my evidence.  Last time I re-used my applications that were not under question as well.  I called USCIS after each rejection to ask specifically about the re-use and they very clearly said it is totally fine to re-use things with the USCIS markings - that is actually just a time-stamp.  The stuff that I have sent in twice now has two time stamps.  I re-organized it after the rejection last time to make it go along with the order listed in my cover letter and I plan to do the same thing this time.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, kec523 said:

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this too.  I am reprinting all of the USCIS forms as I went through and put N/A in any possible spot it could be, so they look different.  I am re-using all of my evidence.  Last time I re-used my applications that were not under question as well.  I called USCIS after each rejection to ask specifically about the re-use and they very clearly said it is totally fine to re-use things with the USCIS markings - that is actually just a time-stamp.  The stuff that I have sent in twice now has two time stamps.  I re-organized it after the rejection last time to make it go along with the order listed in my cover letter and I plan to do the same thing this time.  

1 hour ago, Duke & Marie said:

1 hour ago, AlanaM said:

My application was returned as well but it was completely our fault. We used an old form instead of the new one. This is what I did:

- Downloaded all forms and instructions again from the USCIS website

- Both my husband and I read the entire instructions twice before filing the new forms

- Opened the "specific instruction" section of an instruction and reference it to complete a form

- For a list of evidence, we referenced both the form's instruction and the "required evidence" section from the USCIS website 

- We re-used most of our supporting documents from the previous application; however, for paystubs, bank statements, credit card reports and other date-sensitive matters, I re-printed the most recent ones and included them instead.

- We went over the forms again and looked at the blank fields and make sure they were optional or "if any". If they were not optional but left blank, we referenced the instruction to see if it was not applicable to us. Then, we put "N/A" as much as possible. If the instruction specifically says we can "skip" to x question, we followed that instead.

- Finally, we verified the editions for all forms and made sure it was the correct one from the USCIS website.

We sent the application back and was delivered to the lockbox today. Waiting to see if this version of my application is accepted.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are we required

On 4/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Gak said:

I know for the i-864, you can submit tax transcripts which you can get them directly from the IRS website or tax returns.  The tax transcript is a document verifying that the IRS has received your tax return and has processed it.  However, in the "Household Income" section from the i-944, they only mention about the "tax transcripts" as evidence. It says that if you haven't filed U.S. tax reports, we need to provide our foreign tax "transcripts" as evidence. I don't think we have such thing as "tax transcript" in Canada. I do have a tax report and T4 in my hand. The question is can I use my Canadian tax report, not tax transcript, along with T4?  If not, what is the Canadian equivalent to the USA tax transcript?

Is there anyone who have submitted a Canadian report as a supporting document? Let me know if I can use my Canadian tax report along with my T4 from last year. If not, let me know where I can get my Canadian "tax transcript" because nowhere on the CRA website says they provide a tax transcript.

Did you end up just sending your T4 from Canada? current and last years?

TIA

@Gak

Sounds like you were pretty thorough this time. I'm sure they will accept it this go round...good job!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, AlanaM said:

I130 isn’t applicable to my case, we’ve been at NVC for months with an approved petition and only recently decided to adjust status..

But yes we’re reprinting I485 and all other docs inc evidence for resubmission mainly because they basically destroyed, but also to ensure nothing has gone missing in transit 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

On 4/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, Gak said:

Not sure about Canada, but I submitted a copy of my processed Australian return, the tax office website, I’m guessing it’s a suitable alternative to transcript, given its the only document issued by them post submission of a tax return. 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
4 hours ago, kec523 said:

Probably a silly question but are you even putting N/A at the end of the forms for the interpreter/preparer section? Not sure how far I should go to make sure nothing is left blank 😅

2 hours ago, Gak said:

My application was returned as well but it was completely our fault. We used an old form instead of the new one. This is what I did:

- Downloaded all forms and instructions again from the USCIS website

- Both my husband and I read the entire instructions twice before filing the new forms

- Opened the "specific instruction" section of an instruction and reference it to complete a form

- For a list of evidence, we referenced both the form's instruction and the "required evidence" section from the USCIS website 

- We re-used most of our supporting documents from the previous application; however, for paystubs, bank statements, credit card reports and other date-sensitive matters, I re-printed the most recent ones and included them instead.

- We went over the forms again and looked at the blank fields and make sure they were optional or "if any". If they were not optional but left blank, we referenced the instruction to see if it was not applicable to us. Then, we put "N/A" as much as possible. If the instruction specifically says we can "skip" to x question, we followed that instead.

- Finally, we verified the editions for all forms and made sure it was the correct one from the USCIS website.

We sent the application back and was delivered to the lockbox today. Waiting to see if this version of my application is accepted.

Thank you for that info, and good luck! I'll be crossing my fingers for you that everything goes through 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, AlanaM said:

Probably a silly question but are you even putting N/A at the end of the forms for the interpreter/preparer section? Not sure how far I should go to make sure nothing is left blank 😅

Thank you for that info, and good luck! I'll be crossing my fingers for you that everything goes through 🤞🤞

Yes, I did! I put them EVERYWHERE this time! I do not know what else I could have done wrong, so I am taking no chances.  I did not put them in the signature spots for those - didn't want any weird misinterpretation - but everywhere else.  

@Duke & Marie I'm so sorry they destroyed your evidence.  I guess I am lucky that mine is in perfect condition, even after 2 rejections . Just the one staple that came right out and the time stamp at the bottom is all I have so it still looks good.  

On 3/14/2020 at 11:44 PM, FreyandRyan said:

We did submit a proof of no credit history as my wife just got her SSN and we were able to attempt to run a credit check but nothing showed up so we printed that page. For the I-131 you can submit with or without the barcode. They accept either. 

How were you able to get a SSN? I keep calling my local office (Prescott, Arizona) and they are telling me that they are unable to issue me a SSN because their offices are closed and they cannot conduct the face to face interview required to issue a SSN :(

1 minute ago, YvetteS said:

How were you able to get a SSN? I keep calling my local office (Prescott, Arizona) and they are telling me that they are unable to issue me a SSN because their offices are closed and they cannot conduct the face to face interview required to issue a SSN :(

So frustrating....we got ours before the closure happened - I would guess they did too.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.