Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, kec523 said:

I know - it doesn't make sense.  I don't know what I'm missing.  I called them the first rejection, and they said that they couldn't access/provide specific information and to follow the instructions for the forms.  So I am clearly doing something wrong on one or more of the forms, and I don't know what it is.  Super sad and frustrated. 

Im so sorry that that happened again. That must be terribly frustrating. Im not sure what you could have missed. maybe can you post your table of contents here so we can see what you included to maybe try to help with stuff you missed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We received texts from USCIS last night with receipt numbers! hopefully the hard copy comes next week. No money taken out yet though. Hang in there Duke & Marie, yours will come!

filed 3/27 and delivered on 3/31

23 minutes ago, Gak said:

if our AOS package is rejected because of an outdated form issue, can we reuse some of the evidence from the previous package to file a new/corrected package?

Definitely.  I called USCIS and asked that on two different occasions and was told yes both times. 

3 hours ago, Haydnator said:

Im so sorry that that happened again. That must be terribly frustrating. Im not sure what you could have missed. maybe can you post your table of contents here so we can see what you included to maybe try to help with stuff you missed?

Thanks, yes I can do that.  I have another 944 question as I continue to pore over everything.  For part 2 where you list the members of your household, are you saying "yes" for is this person filing an application for an immigration benefit with you? Did you say yes for the immigrant? spouse? both? neither? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Definitely.  I called USCIS and asked that on two different occasions and was told yes both times. 

Ok i just got my package back. I found all evidence and forms are there including the notice letter but my copy of DS-3025 is missing. I am worried because this is the vaccine worksheet done by my doctor in Canada. I do have a scanned copy of the copy but I am wondering why they would send back everything except the DS-3025. Can I include the scanned copy of the copy?

Edited by Gak

3 hours ago, Haydnator said:

Here is all that I included - the first one is for the main application and the second part is for the travel and work documents. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.13.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.13.49 PM.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Thanks, yes I can do that.  I have another 944 question as I continue to pore over everything.  For part 2 where you list the members of your household, are you saying "yes" for is this person filing an application for an immigration benefit with you? Did you say yes for the immigrant? spouse? both? neither? 

Part 2. Family status? 

FOR SELF i put

Does this individual live with you:     YES

Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit with you or has this individual already filed an application?   NO

For Spouse i put the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Gak said:

Ok i just got my package back. I found all evidence and forms are there including the notice letter but my copy of DS-3025 is missing. I am worried because this is the vaccine worksheet done by my doctor in Canada. I do have a scanned copy of the copy but I am wondering why they would send back everything except the DS-3025. Can I include the scanned copy of the copy?

That I have no idea about.  We had ours inside the sealed envelope and they sent it all back but had opened the envelope and I asked if that was okay and they said yes.  I would say yes, just make more copies and send new copies. 

Just now, kayden123 said:

Part 2. Family status? 

FOR SELF i put

Does this individual live with you:     YES

Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit with you or has this individual already filed an application?   NO

For Spouse i put the same thing.

Thanks.  That is what I did too.  I was able to get a woman from one of our local legal aid agencies to look over the forms and she said that the answer is supposed to be yes, but didn't specify which one or why.  So I'm confused. 

18 hours ago, brainless69 said:

I'm so sorry to hear you got the stupid letter of rejection again! reading the letter you have attached it seems like something you have ticked in part 2 on the I485 is the reason, and it reads as if you didnt include the i944 and i864 and the additional information they need. Its hard to know more, have you tried calling the USCIS? perhaps they could elaborate?

Just to update everyone I called them again this morning and again they did not give me a reason, she actually said she was looking at my file and "can't access the specific reason" but she was super nice, she just told me to make sure I put N/A everywhere possible.  

17 hours ago, ecuatorianos2018 said:

I'm so sorry you were rejected again. Is there any chance that you left any sections blank? I think I remember one of your past posts where you said you left the language section blank on the I-944. This is just a guess so I could be wrong and may not be the cause of your rejection but USCIS is rejecting applications that are incomplete, even if the petitioners left sections blank that don't apply to them. 

https://www.dhs.gov/blog/2020/01/23/ombudsman-alert-recent-updates-uscis-form-instructions
USCIS announced they would reject certain applications for this reason. I know this link isn't about the AOS forms but there's a chance they could be doing the same for AOS forms. 

If you left anything blank that didn't apply without marking the sections as N/A, NONE, etc. there is chance that could be why they're not considering your application complete. 

Again, I could be wrong and maybe you already did this. Just offering an idea of a possibility. 

Thanks, great suggestion.  Yes I did leave it blank, I went back and added "N/A" 100 times, there, and anywhere I could find a blank box. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Thanks.  That is what I did too.  I was able to get a woman from one of our local legal aid agencies to look over the forms and she said that the answer is supposed to be yes, but didn't specify which one or why.  So I'm confused. 

I read a lot on this site, tho i dont remember where, it was here lol (months of reading)  I did take notes,   My understanding is that we are not applying for immigration benefit.

as far as your table of contents, here is what i placed in mine that wasn't in your list. it may or may not apply to you

G1145 form  (i only placed one for the entire packet, i could be wrong in this but o well, guess its not a requirement )

·         National Visa Center letter

·         A copy of the divorce certificate of the prior marriage from my spouse.

·         Spouse’s birth certificate

·         A copy of the DS-3025 vaccination documentation worksheet

·         College Certificates, High School Diploma, English Class 1 and 2 taken.

·         12 Month Bank Statements (Spouse)

·         Copy of Military Dependent ID

10 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

I’m with @Sarge2155 download all new forms to ensure correct version and complete them all from scratch. Ensuring you put N/A in every section that dosent apply.. 

make sure your cover page page lists each form submitted as part of the package and then an index page for each form listing all evidence attached to it e.g noa2, i94 etc etc... check double check all instructions for each form

When you get a chance can you look at what I posted a few minutes ago the thread and see if that is what you mean for the cover page/index? I will tag you in it so it's easier to find. 

1 minute ago, kayden123 said:

I read a lot on this site, tho i dont remember where, it was here lol (months of reading)  I did take notes,   My understanding is that we are not applying for immigration benefit.

as far as your table of contents, here is what i placed in mine that wasn't in your list. it may or may not apply to you

G1145 form  (i only placed one for the entire packet, i could be wrong in this but o well, guess its not a requirement )

·         National Visa Center letter

·         A copy of the divorce certificate of the prior marriage from my spouse.

·         Spouse’s birth certificate

·         A copy of the DS-3025 vaccination documentation worksheet

·         College Certificates, High School Diploma, English Class 1 and 2 taken.

·         12 Month Bank Statements (Spouse)

·         Copy of Military Dependent ID

Thanks so much.  Yes - most of that doesn't apply to us. What do you mean by National Visa Center letter? By spouse's birth certificate do you mean the American citizen? Did you also include American Citizen's passport bio page? 

I am on the fence about the bank statements.  I am not listing bank account information as I am 250% over the poverty guideline on salary alone, so I didn't want to muddy the waters. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.