dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Tofu said:

If you do the math back, it was just over 9 weeks. 

I think a few of us have explained to you already that a resubmission will take 9 weeks.

You likely won’t hear anything until May 8th.

That’s a long time. :(

I have been watching some YouTube videos and the people who’ve been through this phase, they told me it takes 3-4 weeks and yea some are like it takes 8-9 weeks. Is your spouse a green card holder or the citizen? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

That’s a long time. :(

I have been watching some YouTube videos and the people who’ve been through this phase, they told me it takes 3-4 weeks and yea some are like it takes 8-9 weeks. Is your spouse a green card holder or the citizen? 

Unfortunately, those YouTube videos are outdated.  It's been taking around 8-9 weeks since November-ish. My husband is a citizen.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Unfortunately, those YouTube videos are outdated.  It's been taking around 8-9 weeks since November-ish. My husband is a citizen.

You’re right. I wish they’d take less time to review resubmitted documents. Thanks for the information. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

You’re right. I wish they’d take less time to review resubmitted documents. Thanks for the information. :) 

It depends about the country, they review people at the same country like a group. You will never know.

But most of people as I noticed wait 9 weeks, isn't that crazy? 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Springtime1122 said:

It depends about the country, they review people at the same country like a group. You will never know.

But most of people as I noticed wait 9 weeks, isn't that crazy? 

Oh! I didn’t know that. I hope they take less time reviewing the rest of us but it’s gonna happen only when pigs gonna fly. 😪

1 hour ago, PSB said:

We called and they said we need to submit w2 for wife of joint sponser also.

Do you all think think that we should also submit the 864a and transcript?

Anyone can help here?

Edited by PSB

Timeline

Hi all, finally time for me to join this thread. Got my approval & NVC case creation on the same day, so it was rather unexpected! We're awaiting the processing of payment now, but I'm gathering up all the documents we'll need and I'm concerned about the police record part. Everything is closed down due to COVID-19, so I don't know when I will be able to get my fingerprints done. My husband has transcripts for 2016 through 2018 (he's self-employed, so we read we would need 3 years to be safe) but hadn't filed 2019 yet. Hopefully we only need that for the interview, given the extension right now. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to defer the police certificate to the interview stage or will they require it now? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Hi all, finally time for me to join this thread. Got my approval & NVC case creation on the same day, so it was rather unexpected! We're awaiting the processing of payment now, but I'm gathering up all the documents we'll need and I'm concerned about the police record part. Everything is closed down due to COVID-19, so I don't know when I will be able to get my fingerprints done. My husband has transcripts for 2016 through 2018 (he's self-employed, so we read we would need 3 years to be safe) but hadn't filed 2019 yet. Hopefully we only need that for the interview, given the extension right now. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to defer the police certificate to the interview stage or will they require it now? 

no DQ without police certificate - we're in the same situation at the moment that we can't get it and it's the only missing piece for NVC submission :(

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

no DQ without police certificate - we're in the same situation at the moment that we can't get it and it's the only missing piece for NVC submission :(

Gah, well these are certainly challenging times in many ways!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Gah, well these are certainly challenging times in many ways!

Welcome Ptitchou

And yes, the Police certificate is totally compulsory.

It is long to get it from Canada ?

1 hour ago, PSB said:

Do you all think think that we should also submit the 864a and transcript?

Anyone can help here?

I would submit both 864A and transcript, and if possible (I know it can be embarrassing to ask) your sponsor's wife as well.

Take care all of you,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Hey - takes about 2 weeks to get a police clearance from Canada.  Watch this video :

https://youtu.be/UMoRheH57zo

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Welcome Ptitchou

And yes, the Police certificate is totally compulsory.

It is long to get it from Canada ?

Great, thanks for the clarification. If you have nothing to show on your record, it takes approximately 3 days for the check itself, then however long to mail you the document. I just called a place that has a location open for now, so time to gear up with all the Lysol and make a run for it! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Great, thanks for the clarification. If you have nothing to show on your record, it takes approximately 3 days for the check itself, then however long to mail you the document. I just called a place that has a location open for now, so time to gear up with all the Lysol and make a run for it! 

When you apply for Canadian police certificate, make sure you state that you are requesting the record under the Privacy Act. Do not select "Visa/Border Crossing" as the purpose of request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”  The Canadian police report is the document I had to resubmit (hence putting back to the end of queue again) because I got a wrong type for "Visa/Border Crossing" by mistake. :(

Below is the complete wordings that are explained in USCIS website:

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT.  Do not select “Visa/Border Crossing” as the purpose of the request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”  

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Good.

Don't forget that you are going to be asked to list all the places you have ever lived in and to produce a police certificate for each country you spend at least a year. But we have seen on VJ, people who have spent between 6months and 12 months in another country than their home country, and they were asked to submit a police certificate anyway. So, it that is your case, be ready to get these docs as well.

:)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.