dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, David Utomi said:

Alright.

Thank you very much

The new public charge form (DS5540) is not compulsory at this stage.

But you must fill it when you go to the interview at the Embassy. You will have time to discuss this further with VJ Members :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
4 hours ago, YasArr said:

Beneficiary stuff is Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Police clearance certificate, Passport size photo (US style 2*2 inch), Passport biographic page front and back in one pdf. 

Petitioner's stuff:

Birth certificate if US born

Passport and driver license if US citizen/ Lpr.

Tax return of last 3 years (different pdfs) Tax transcripts of most recent year under Required AOS. Other 2 under additional. 

W2 of last 3 years ( different pdf) under section additional documents.

i864 form ( if including income +assets)

Or

i864ez form ( if only including income)

i864 or i864ez under Required AOS

Paystubs of last 3 months (in one pdf) and Employment verification letter under Current Employment section. 

If you want, you can also upload DS5540 Public charge Questionare. 

Whoa, this is a long list. Not questioning, but is everyone uploading that much documentation about the petitioner? I thought things like proof of domicile and status would have to be provided at interview stage. And for AOS documentation are that many different documents required? I was under the assumption that W2's are only needed for years where no tax transcript is available. I obvs want to provide all documents needed for DQ, but also don't want to flood them with documents that are not needed (extends review time, makes things slower for everyone)

I had on my list

Beneficiary

- birth certificate

- marriage certificate

- passport

- passport picture

- police certificate

Petitioner

- 2019 W2 (taxes not filed yet)

- tax file extension approval

- 3 most recent pay stubs (spanning 1.5 months)

- 2018 & 2017 tax transcripts

- I-864ez

Looking forward to hear opinions/experiences from members that have been DQed :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I received status update today where NVC requiring me to submit w2 or 1099 for my co-sponsor. He is the director of his own non-profit organization and therefore doesn't have any of them. How can I tackle the situation? Should I write a letter explaining the scenario? Any ideas ???

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Saa Isha said:

I received status update today where NVC requiring me to submit w2 or 1099 for my co-sponsor. He is the director of his own non-profit organization and therefore doesn't have any of them. How can I tackle the situation? Should I write a letter explaining the scenario? Any ideas ???

What documents does your co-sponsor use for the IRS? He should have tax transcripts (even if exempt) and must report annually.

Those documents, along with a statement explaining should hopefully do it.

So after living through the nightmare of Nebraska processing, then being stuck at NVC since September, with NVC errors and Expidite denials.. plus the coronavirus, boarder closures, embassy closures and interview rescheduling, stay home orders and loss of employment I’m finally announcing that after 18 months of waiting I’ve had enough and have given up on the whole IR1 process

i am now formally announcing I’m going to Adjust Status and will not be flying home on Tuesday.. I can now at least take comfort with being with my husband while the rest of this nightmare sorts itself out. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

41 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

So after living through the nightmare of Nebraska processing, then being stuck at NVC since September, with NVC errors and Expidite denials.. plus the coronavirus, boarder closures, embassy closures and interview rescheduling, stay home orders and loss of employment I’m finally announcing that after 18 months of waiting I’ve had enough and have given up on the whole IR1 process

i am now formally announcing I’m going to Adjust Status and will not be flying home on Tuesday.. I can now at least take comfort with being with my husband while the rest of this nightmare sorts itself out. 

It's a terrible situation. I hope things turn out well for you, even if it takes more time. And I hope things turn out well for everyone here, of course. One of these days there will be a ray of positive news that breaks through this despair we all feel, and perhaps it will be enough to get all of us through this – finally. That moment can't get here quickly enough. I'm grateful knowing that I can lean on this community right now for support, even if most of it comes indirectly through the general sharing of personal stories and advice.

Edited by JapanResident
added final thought

Timeline
2 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

I’ve had enough and have given up on the whole IR1 process

i am now formally announcing I’m going to Adjust Status

OMG your story is very hard for sure. :(

So right now you are with your husband and going to start the Adjustment Of Status process ? I am not familiar with this and so it is very unclear what it is.

Take care.

Alix

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

OMG your story is very hard for sure. :(

So right now you are with your husband and going to start the Adjustment Of Status process ? I am not familiar with this and so it is very unclear what it is.

Take care.

Alix

Yeah, I flew in to see him while the Expidite request was processing so was here when it was denied and poop hit fan over coronavirus 

Basically, it’s transfer from NVC/embassy back to USCIS and have interview here in New Orleans... rate everything is going around the world right now, it will be a similar timeframe.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Quarknase said:

What documents does your co-sponsor use for the IRS? He should have tax transcripts (even if exempt) and must report annually.

Those documents, along with a statement explaining should hopefully do it.

So you think we have to explain NVC in details ??? 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Yeah, I flew in to see him while the Expidite request was processing so was here when it was denied and poop hit fan over coronavirus 

Basically, it’s transfer from NVC/embassy back to USCIS and have interview here in New Orleans... rate everything is going around the world right now, it will be a similar timeframe.. 

Pffff just insane all this (even when not including the virus)

Take care,

Flore

5 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

I feel you, there is no other depressing thing than being forced to  live thousands of miles away from your partner due to  ridiculously long process and not knowing where it will ever end and when you will be able to see them again. The most important thing is you are with your husband in this uncertain time. Wish you all the best. 

Edited by Uiyl

36 minutes ago, Alv said:

What a ridiculously mismanaged situation; there's no good reason why these people can't work from home.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Quick questions guys...

If i have submitted documents already,  please can i still upload and submit more documents and remove documents that i feel are no longer necessary?

Thanks for your support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.