dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello guys, newbie here ! After reading your post for month I decided to share with you. My wife is french/american and I'm french, she lives and works in Atlanta Georgia. We got married in may 2018 and started the visa process in septembre 2018, our case was approved by USCIS a year after and sent to NVC in november 2019 (after they asked for a paper we had already sent before : marriage certificate). NVC started processing our case 12/05/19, second submission 01/29/20 (again for a paper we had already sent....) and I'm still waiting to get DQ. I know there is no real answer to this but, if there any logic in the way NVC handles cases ? According to your country or the center processing your file ? When I read that some get DQ after a month it gives me hope and despairs for my case at the same time 😔 I often feel that the process is longer for me but I'm sure we all feel the same, being sick of being separated from our loved one. We knew that it was gonna be long and hard but the lack of information and answers makes things worse day after day, and the covid situation is the last thing that could happened right now... I'm glad for all of you who get through this and hope to make it too ! Thanks for reading guys, all the best. 

image.png.6ed348dbcff10bb4304cd7d94efe48ab.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Somehow after ready 12+ different sources I'm still not 100% clear what documents are to be submitted at NVC stage.  I would like to mess it up as little as possible.  We are IR2, no kids, no previous marriages, no financial challenges, no issues with the law, documents all in English.

The only thing the petitioner needs to prepare is the taxes and I-864 correct?  No birth certificate or passport needed from the petitioner?

The rest of the documents pertain to the beneficiary right (passport, birth certificate, police check, marriage certificate)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer to this!

11 minutes ago, saraannbailey said:

Somehow after ready 12+ different sources I'm still not 100% clear what documents are to be submitted at NVC stage.  I would like to mess it up as little as possible.  We are IR2, no kids, no previous marriages, no financial challenges, no issues with the law, documents all in English.

The only thing the petitioner needs to prepare is the taxes and I-864 correct?  No birth certificate or passport needed from the petitioner?

The rest of the documents pertain to the beneficiary right (passport, birth certificate, police check, marriage certificate)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer to this!

If US born petitioner than submit birth certificate under section " Proof of Domicile" and under " Proof of US citizenship". 

If not US born petitioner and a citizen/LPR, then submit Driver license under " Proof of Domicile" and submit US passport or Green card under " Proof of US citizenship. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
15 hours ago, David Utomi said:

NVC welcome letter received! just 2 days after approval..

OMG how lucky you are, that is fantastic. Most of us waited so much longer.

Bravo :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, YasArr said:

If US born petitioner than submit birth certificate under section " Proof of Domicile" and under " Proof of US citizenship". 

If not US born petitioner and a citizen/LPR, then submit Driver license under " Proof of Domicile" and submit US passport or Green card under " Proof of US citizenship. 

Thanks so much for clarifying!! 

But the rest of the stuff pertains to the beneficiary, yes?

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jules Barre said:

I often feel that the process is longer for me but I'm sure we all feel the same, being sick of being separated from our loved one

For sure, it is very hard to be separated during the whole process, being asked to send documents that we already have sent and of course not to know what is going on. You have understood like all of us that there are no rules in terms of processing time. Some people get DQed very fast and some others, it takes longer...

The virus is not helping, that's the least we can say :(

No choice but wait, right? Keep us updated, take care.

Alix

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

I have been seeing a lot of DQ or DGed, please what does it really mean? as im a bit confused

I'm just starting my NVC process, received my welcome letter yesterday.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 minute ago, David Utomi said:

Hi,

I have been seeing a lot of DQ or DGed, please what does it really mean? as im a bit confused

I'm just starting my NVC process, received my welcome letter yesterday.

Thanks.

DQ: documentarily qualified. That means the NVC processed the payments and approved all your documents:  Affidavit of Suppor(AOS) civil documents, DS260, the new public charge form.

IL:  after getting DQ, you will get your IL (interview letter), where they schedule the appointment at the Consulate that corresponds.

I also learned those terms by reading this forum :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cristina280390 said:

DQ: documentarily qualified. That means the NVC processed the payments and approved all your documents:  Affidavit of Suppor(AOS) civil documents, DS260, the new public charge form.

IL:  after getting DQ, you will get your IL (interview letter), where they schedule the appointment at the Consulate that corresponds.

I also learned those terms by reading this forum :)

Alright.

Thank you very much

28 minutes ago, saraannbailey said:

Thanks so much for clarifying!! 

But the rest of the stuff pertains to the beneficiary, yes?

Beneficiary stuff is Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Police clearance certificate, Passport size photo (US style 2*2 inch), Passport biographic page front and back in one pdf. 

Petitioner's stuff:

Birth certificate if US born

Passport and driver license if US citizen/ Lpr.

Tax return of last 3 years (different pdfs) Tax transcripts of most recent year under Required AOS. Other 2 under additional. 

W2 of last 3 years ( different pdf) under section additional documents.

i864 form ( if including income +assets)

Or

i864ez form ( if only including income)

i864 or i864ez under Required AOS

Paystubs of last 3 months (in one pdf) and Employment verification letter under Current Employment section. 

If you want, you can also upload DS5540 Public charge Questionare. 

1 minute ago, YasArr said:

Beneficiary stuff is Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Police clearance certificate, Passport size photo (US style 2*2 inch), Passport biographic page front and back in one pdf. 

Petitioner's stuff:

Birth certificate if US born

Passport and driver license if US citizen/ Lpr.

Tax return of last 3 years (different pdfs) Tax transcripts of most recent year under Required AOS. Other 2 under additional. 

W2 of last 3 years ( different pdf) under section additional documents.

i864 form ( if including income +assets)

Or

i864ez form ( if only including income)

i864 or i864ez under Required AOS

Paystubs of last 3 months (in one pdf) and Employment verification letter under Current Employment section. 

If you want, you can also upload DS5540 Public charge Questionare. 

Sorry, no Tax return as NVC reject it. Upload Tax transcripts of last 3 years. Upload the most recent year under Required AOS and other 2 under additional documents. 

If you do e filing, tax transcripts are easily download from IRS

Timeline
1 minute ago, YasArr said:

Sorry, no Tax return as NVC reject it. Upload Tax transcripts of last 3 years. Upload the most recent year under Required AOS and other 2 under additional documents. 

If you do e filing, tax transcripts are easily download from IRS

Hi,

We have been having issues with the e filing the tax transcripts online..

The issue is with the registration, its rejecting the student loan account number, keeps blocking us, saying we should try after 24 hours..

Please is there a way to go about this filling transcript online?

Thanks

On 3/4/2020 at 11:03 AM, AarLar said:

Hi I am a bit confused. I was born in the Netherlands, then moved to Norway for 3 years, then dubai for 10 months and then back in the Netherlands. I know I need the Police certificate for Norway and the Netherlands, but I do need it for Dubai as well?

Thanks!

Only countries you have lived for more than one year and the country you currently reside.   

Edited by Halley

Not sure if anyone has any experience with this, but my case was DQ in jan of this year. I sent an email to nvc in that same month requesting a change in interview location (charge country is Guyana, interview is in montreal, canada). I wanted to change interview  location  back to Guyana. I send driver's licence and other docs for the change. Got email yesterday as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

It took two months to get this email, so my  concern is, would this take another two months for the review to take place or is this usually a faster process? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.