dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Are they still scheduling CR-1/IR-1 visa interviews during the Coronavirus pandemic? I sent an email to the embassy in Russia inquiring on this matter. We received an email explicitly saying they're postponing all nonimmgrant and immigrant visas until further notice, but i want to confirm this. 

11 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

Are they still scheduling CR-1/IR-1 visa interviews during the Coronavirus pandemic? I sent an email to the embassy in Russia inquiring on this matter. We received an email explicitly saying they're postponing all nonimmgrant and immigrant visas until further notice, but i want to confirm this. 

From the State Dept website:

In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State is temporarily suspending routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates. Embassies and consulates will cancel all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments as of March 20, 2020. As resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services. Our overseas missions will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Edited by dothehustle
fixed font

Timeline
1 minute ago, dothehustle said:

@LilyJ posted a couple of days ago confirming that their interview was still on despite the email/notice they received from the embassy. 

9 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

@LilyJ posted a couple of days ago confirming that their interview was still on despite the email/notice they received from the embassy. 

IIRC, no they did not. LilyJ proactively emailed asking about their interview after the embassy canceled a different type of interview/service. Either way, unlike you she did not receive a cancellation email.

Either way, the link I posted is from today, so LilyJ's post is irrelevant. And I have to wonder what exactly you're looking for when you ask for confirmation, but brush away a recent (and sourced) statement by the State Department. Please share with us what evidence would suffice. Are  you hoping to email the embassy back and tell them that they're wrong? 😂

Edited by dothehustle
clarification

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dothehustle said:

IIRC, no they did not. LilyJ proactively emailed asking about their interview after the embassy canceled a different type of interview/service. Either way, unlike you she did not receive a cancellation email.

Either way, the link I posted is from today, so LilyJ's post is irrelevant. And I have to wonder what exactly you're looking for when you ask for confirmation, but brush away a recent (and sourced) statement by the State Department. Please share with us what evidence would suffice. Are  you hoping to email the embassy back and tell them that they're wrong? 😂

This is the same information verbatim that was posted by many embassies as of March 17th when i read about that - what's the problem with double checking information during a pandemic? The POTUS is above any branch and agency of government except congress, yet you can't trust a damn word uttered from the highest level of authority. No need to act like a douche in this thread - you'll be doing this community a lot more service if you update your timeline and post less puerile comments. Thanks for the link though. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, David & Olga said:

Unfortunately while previously the embassy told us our interview was not cancelled or affected since my husband is a spouse of a US citizen, we just saw today when we checked my husbands email that they ended up cancelling it, the day after they told us it was still confirmed :( 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am really struggling with all this. It's been a rough ride with a false start and now like many of you on the last leg, we have no way at all of knowing when we might even get out interviews / medicals even if we got DQ today. I have already been twiddling my thumbs longer than I thought I could, this is just making me feel awful. 

My thoughts are with you all! ❤️

13 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Unfortunately while previously the embassy told us our interview was not cancelled or affected since my husband is a spouse of a US citizen, we just saw today when we checked my husbands email that they ended up cancelling it, the day after they told us it was still confirmed :( 

I'm so sorry to hear this. Do you have any idea if the embassy will use some kind of waiting list drawn up in order of interviews previously scheduled, such as in your case? In a way, it may be better not to have a visa right now because of the risk of it expiring before you can move to the US. I'm sorry, I'm just trying to find a silver lining in this. I wish you all the best of luck going forward.

17 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Same here😢

Timeline
1 minute ago, JapanResident said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Do you have any idea if the embassy will use some kind of waiting list drawn up in order of interviews previously scheduled, such as in your case? In a way, it may be better not to have a visa right now because of the risk of it expiring before you can move to the US. I'm sorry, I'm just trying to find a silver lining in this. I wish you all the best of luck going forward.

That is a very valid point - 6 moths for POE IIRC. 

Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/19/2020 at 5:35 PM, David Utomi said:

Hi Everyone,

I got approved yesterday. Please does anyone know how long it will take to get a welcome letter from NVC?

Thanks.

Update!

NVC welcome letter received! just 2 days after approval..

Hope its fine to immediately go ahead to make the necessary payments?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Update!

NVC welcome letter received! just 2 days after approval..

Hope its fine to immediately go ahead to make the necessary payments?

Congrats and yes, you can make payments then it will take a few to 5 working days for it to show up as paid. Once it shows as paid you can start uploading documents. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Congrats and yes, you can make payments then it will take a few to 5 working days for it to show up as paid. Once it shows as paid you can start uploading documents. Good luck!

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.