dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

NVC works with the embassy and will inform you when the interview is scheduled. However, NO interviews are being scheduled at the moment at any US embassy. So there will be a backlog once they allow interviews again, because they probably schedule the interviews that were cancelled first :(

Someone did interview on 03/19 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

New Here:  waiting on on Welcome Letter and case creation.  I-824 approved on 3/11/2020.  I have been reading during this stay in place, Called NVC yesterday and verified that they have not received case file from VSC yet.  I'll keep reading and get my documents ready to upload.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

New Here:  waiting on on Welcome Letter and case creation.  I-824 approved on 3/11/2020.  I have been reading during this stay in place, Called NVC yesterday and verified that they have not received case file from VSC yet.  I'll keep reading and get my documents ready to upload.  

Welcome 🤘 I've seen you in plenty other groups I think :) The name sounds very familiar

On 3/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, Rama19 said:

All documents accepted today.

would appreciate your response.

I got all my documents accepted but 1 message saying 'need document' - additional support documentation is required. Please submit every form w2/1099 on (persons name)transcript or tax return.

We submitted w2 for joint sponser separately . The 2 pages of the w2 was taken from the transcript and submitted under additional documents. Any idea what they are asking for, do they need the original w2 from?

Ty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
11 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Congrats to everyone that got DQed in this time, or at least was able to submit all documents to get the clock running!

I am so annoyed by this whole scenario. My husbands country is on lockdown, so he's unable to apply for the police certificate which is the last missing piece to submit our documents. Then even IF we get DQed at some point, and even IF the embassies open, we're facing the additional challenge that he needs to travel to a different country for his interview (the Embassy in Iraq is closed due to several attacks on the embassy in the recent past) and we don't know how soon travel will be allowed again without going in quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival, and return to the home country... argh!!!

Be strong! I understand you very good. We have similar situation. I live in Minsk (Belarus) but have to travel to Poland for interview because the embassy in my country works only with nonimmigrant cases. Borders are closed now and nobody knows when it will opened 😢  Patience to all of us! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
53 minutes ago, mave said:

I've been coming to this forum for some time, and found it very helpful. I want to contribute by sharing great news:

Got DQ on 3/25

1st document submission: 10/21

2nd submission: 1/20

Sorry, my 1st submission was 10/23.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sophie11 said:

Hi guys! My brother in law is my joint sponsor for Affidavit of support. If he filed jointly with his wife for taxes 2019 do I need to submit her w2’s and tax transcripts as well? Even though only he’s sponsoring mainly. 

thank you guys in advance! 

She will have to fill out the I-864A and be classified as a household member.  You'll also need her W-2s and tax returns/transcripts.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, mave said:

I've been coming to this forum for some time, and found it very helpful. I want to contribute by sharing great news:

Got DQ on 3/25

1st document submission: 10/21

How long did they take to review your resubmitted documents? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

9 weeks for the 2nd submission

Got DQ on 3/25

1st document submission: 10/23 (it should be 10/23, not 10/21)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

If you do the math back, it was just over 9 weeks. 

I think a few of us have explained to you already that a resubmission will take 9 weeks.

You likely won’t hear anything until May 8th.

10 hours ago, PSB said:

All documents accepted today.

would appreciate your response.

I got all my documents accepted but 1 message saying 'need document' - additional support documentation is required. Please submit every form w2/1099 on (persons name)transcript or tax return.

We submitted w2 for joint sponser separately . The 2 pages of the w2 was taken from the transcript and submitted under additional documents. Any idea what they are asking for, do they need the original w2 from?

Ty

We called and they said we need to submit w2 for wife of joint sponser also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.