dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

Can I call the Embassy/Consulate to find out if they have received my expedite request from the NVC?

I did, and they replied with the answer a few days later. :)

4 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

Can I call the Embassy/Consulate to find out if they have received my expedite request from the NVC?

Absolutely. But don’t hold your breath, we got nothing but some rude guy telling us to call back in 30 days after already waiting a month for an outcome

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Hi Guys! Regarding the public charge issue; I’m currently a student doing my masters so don’t have a stable or income at all. I have a joint sponsor however whose proving for AOS. Does he need to submit his W-2s and tax return transcripts both? I’m concerned as I Being the petitioner am a student with no income at the moment. Thanks guys!  

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

did everyone submit scans of the front AND the back of documents like birth certificate, police certificate and marriage/divorce decree (US style (if applicable) ?

Hey,

We did only the front page. The back was blank for all those docs.

(exept divorce decree which was like 6 pages long)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

5 hours ago, Sophie11 said:

Hi Guys! Regarding the public charge issue; I’m currently a student doing my masters so don’t have a stable or income at all. I have a joint sponsor however whose proving for AOS. Does he need to submit his W-2s and tax return transcripts both? I’m concerned as I Being the petitioner am a student with no income at the moment. Thanks guys!  

Yes he should 

And also l864a for spouse (if any)if he filed taxes as married filing separately.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PSB said:

Yes he should 

And also l864a for spouse (if any)if he filed taxes as married filing separately.

Only if you want to include  spouse`s income with the joint sponsor`s income. and filing jointly also requires I864a. agian if they want to include spouse`s income. you`ll need to upload proof of relationship

7 hours ago, Sophie11 said:

yes, the joint sponsor needs to include tax transcript (and his w2 if filing jointly with spouse) and the letter of employement and some paystubs, and proof of domicile (that what we were asked, but could be because we only provided birth certificate as proof of citizenship).

We were going to use both joint sponsor and his spouse and upload everything, but they ask for so many things and we don`t have some of them, so I decided to only include joint sponsor and upload his documents and then bring updated I864 and I864a to the interview. the I864a being the answer if they decide to public charge us. they both make more than enough to cover the combined households plus we are using petitioner`s and beneficiary`s assets. if this is not going to work,, well then I just dont know..

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hey,

We did only the front page. The back was blank for all those docs.

(exept divorce decree which was like 6 pages long)

thanks !! i got worried there for a minute, as I uploaded only fronts of all docs. but there is no filled out info on the back of the US birth certificate, so I can`t imagine they`d need that.. although wait, yeah I can!  this establishment is draining my brain... I hope we`ll be ok with our commonsense 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sophie11 said:

The fact that you are a student and getting a high degree is valuable as it shows employability. I would attach your Bachelor´s diploma and a school letter stating you are enrolled in a Master´s program. This shows that you are more likely to be employed than someone who has no education. (I am assuming you are the beneficiary - as the Public Charge rules applies to the beneficiary only).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fergie876 said:

One for you and your spouse or just two of you?

No, no. Just the beneficiary passport style pics!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

Hoping to hear something this week - we're on our 9th week waiting for a response on our first submission - 01/09/2020. 

Same for us - 1/8.  Any day now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.