dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2020

232 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So I already got DQ and my interview date scheduled. I went on CEAC today just to double check the documents I need to print and I noticed the status for the sponsor went from "ACCEPTED" to "INCOMPLETE." 

When I click on it it says it's missing i-864ez, should I just ignore this? I mean we already submitted the i-864 and we don't qualify to fill out the i-864ez.

6 hours ago, TheChheavFamily said:

Interviewed today, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I went with my husband. Approved. Pick up passport on 3/13/2020. 

We uploaded the DS5540, 2019 tax returns, 2019 W2, bank statements and new paystubs, his health insurance that will go to the USA. They didn’t ask us for the originals since we had already uploaded. We asked if they wanted the originals, they said no they have the scans and that was enough. 

The interviewing CO didn’t give any sign that the process was going well or not, we established no rapport at all. The questions just came fast. But then she surprised us with approval. We hugged and I cried. 

Day 566 of waiting! 

Congrats!!!

im in the same boat about the tax documents...i was wondering if i could just take the 2019 tax documents to the interview or if they would make me upload those to Ceac at the interview ( havent filed them yet, just curious if its wise to upload additional documents to CEAC after they have approved what was previously required).

Did they ask you about the DS5500? And what type of health insurance will your husband be eligible for when he enters the US? Most research i have done says employers wont add the foreign spouse until he immigrates to the U.S. first....

And what type of questions did they ask?

Our interview is next month, any help would be appreciated!

21 minutes ago, Hmhm1 said:

Congrats!!!

im in the same boat about the tax documents...i was wondering if i could just take the 2019 tax documents to the interview or if they would make me upload those to Ceac at the interview ( havent filed them yet, just curious if its wise to upload additional documents to CEAC after they have approved what was previously required).

Did they ask you about the DS5500? And what type of health insurance will your husband be eligible for when he enters the US? Most research i have done says employers wont add the foreign spouse until he immigrates to the U.S. first....

And what type of questions did they ask?

Our interview is next month, any help would be appreciated!

Our attorney said don’t upload and see what they say at the interview. I’m not a fan of the wait and see approach and didn’t want to be sent home to

upload. They thanked us for uploading. They didn’t want proof of anything, she said I’ve got it all here. They never even asked about taxes W2 or money in general. Never mentioned the DS5540. Now, if something had not been acceptable I’m sure that they would have brought it up. 

I’ve been living overseas so we’ve had a global policy that covers everywhere. It’s with Aetna. I also uploaded proof of the quotes that we got for permanent coverage in the USA which we will get within 2 weeks of his arrival. Arrive by 15th and it’s covered on 1st of the following month. That’s when this other policy would expire anyways. 

generic questions - Where did you meet. Tell me about his family. Why didn’t you have a big wedding. Are you having a wedding in USA? Why not? Tell me about the NGO that you work for. What is his job now? He goes to church? Do you speak his language? (Haha my whole family does even though we aren’t from here weve all worked here before my parents have been here since 1999) They asked about our age gap (I’m older by 10 years) His passport photos triggered some kind of facial recognition to some other person and she kept asking him again and again if he ever applied for a visa before and if he is lying right now. She kept threatening lifetime ban. We withdrew our K-1 in early 2017 and had been open about on all our documents and at the interview, but this was some other guy completely. She checked his fingerprints a second time and confirmed it wasn’t him. 

Overall it was alright. We sure weren’t expecting the grilling on him looking like somebody else. 

Hi All,

We got our DQ in feb, does anyone know if the interviews slot are arbitrarily sent to the NVC or if there are set dates? I looked on the spreadsheet, but there's so few Dublin cases.

Also, apart from expediting at the NVC level, is there any way to request an earlier interview slot? 

Thanks in advance!

Timeline
23 hours ago, yellowtulips said:

Good morning family!! I am so excited today!! I check the website and saw this!! Let my husband and I journey give you hope. We were one of the first interviews since the ban, we did not file any paperwork regarding a waiver, it was automatically considered and a week exactly after our interview, it says his visa has been issued!! Oh, God is so real!!!

96C89476-EA0A-448E-BC3B-A138294043F0.jpeg

This is great, congratulations to you..

Got my IL today!!

Cr1, DQ in Jan 2020

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION ON HEALTH CARE: On October 4, 2019, the President issued Presidential Proclamation 9945 on the "Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System." For the most up to date information on how PP 9945 might affect your case, please visit https://travel.state.gov/healthcare.

that page says

Presidential Proclamation on Health Care

A nationwide temporary restraining order has been issued by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon halting implementation of P.P. 9945 Suspension of Entry to Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System. Please monitor this page for updates.

Edited by stech786

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
8 minutes ago, stech786 said:

Got my IL today!!

Cr1, DQ in Jan 2020

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION ON HEALTH CARE: On October 4, 2019, the President issued Presidential Proclamation 9945 on the "Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System." For the most up to date information on how PP 9945 might affect your case, please visit https://travel.state.gov/healthcare.

that page says

Presidential Proclamation on Health Care

A nationwide temporary restraining order has been issued by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon halting implementation of P.P. 9945 Suspension of Entry to Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System. Please monitor this page for updates.

Congrats !! yeah at least it is good until it implies again. i was looking for updated info, thank you !! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, stech786 said:

So it’s not required?

It looks like it does required however  those submitted  on Feb 24 or later date. 

This is the latest news from yesterday. WE DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT. 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/issues/all/public-charge-changes-at-uscis-doj-and-dos

Featured Issue: Public Charge Changes at USCIS, DOJ, and DOS

AILA Doc. No. 19050634 | Dated March 2, 2020

Resources related to the Trump administration’s proposed or enacted changes to how it handles the public charge ground of inadmissibility.

Current State of Play

Stop Button

DHS Final Rule: On February 22, 2020, USCIS confirmed that it will implement the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds final rule on February 24, nationwide after the Supreme Court granted the government's motion for a stay of the Illinois-based injunction. The final rule will apply only to applications and petitions postmarked (or submitted electronically) on or after February 24, 2020. For applications and petitions sent by commercial courier (such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL), the postmark date is the date reflected on the courier receipt.

DOS Interim Final Rule: DOS will implement the new public charge standards pursuant to the DOS Interim Final Rule beginning on February 24, 2020. On February 20, OMB approved the new Form DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire. On February 21, DOS also published revisions to the Foreign Affairs Manual on Public Charge, with an effective date of February 24, 2020.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Rsmee said:

It looks like it does required however  those submitted  on Feb 24 or later date. 

This is the latest news from yesterday. WE DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT. 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/issues/all/public-charge-changes-at-uscis-doj-and-dos

Featured Issue: Public Charge Changes at USCIS, DOJ, and DOS

AILA Doc. No. 19050634 | Dated March 2, 2020

Resources related to the Trump administration’s proposed or enacted changes to how it handles the public charge ground of inadmissibility.

Current State of Play

Stop Button

DHS Final Rule: On February 22, 2020, USCIS confirmed that it will implement the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds final rule on February 24, nationwide after the Supreme Court granted the government's motion for a stay of the Illinois-based injunction. The final rule will apply only to applications and petitions postmarked (or submitted electronically) on or after February 24, 2020. For applications and petitions sent by commercial courier (such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL), the postmark date is the date reflected on the courier receipt.

DOS Interim Final Rule: DOS will implement the new public charge standards pursuant to the DOS Interim Final Rule beginning on February 24, 2020. On February 20, OMB approved the new Form DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire. On February 21, DOS also published revisions to the Foreign Affairs Manual on Public Charge, with an effective date of February 24, 2020.

For DHS it isn’t required. But for DOS (NVC and consulate level) they are applying it to everyone across the board. My consulate told us they are requiring it now from everyone no matter DQ or petition date 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, stech786 said:

So it’s not required?

DS5540 is required but healthcare is not required. Though it will heavily play against you in terms of public charge at the interview if you won’t have insurance within 30 days of arriving 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

DS5540 is required but healthcare is not required. Though it will heavily play against you in terms of public charge at the interview if you won’t have insurance within 30 days of arriving 

Can i upload  to CEAC now, the interview date is on March 23 ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rsmee said:

Can i upload  to CEAC now, the interview date is on March 23 ?

Yes you can

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.