dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2020

232 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

I would attempt to reach out to them. As far as I know the embassy is closed. If I remember correctly I read earlier here someone in Lagos showed up, and they and a bunch of other people who were waiting outside were told all interviews were cancelled and that due to backlog they were unable to email everyone about cancellation

Update to this, here is the post (was in another thread) where the poster had arrived to Lagos embassy with no previous email about cancellation and was told interviews are cancelled

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, snowdog said:

Last Monday was day 12 since my husband arrived and still no SSN. So we went to the office (literally the day before they shut down) and the guy assured us that was the right thing to do because we should have gotten it within the first week (according to him). When he checked no number had been created for my husband yet. We had selected the box for one to be automatically issued, but as other people have reported, that just doesn’t always work. We filled out an entirely new application for a card, and the man took my husband’s passport to run things through a homeland security system check. He said to wait another two weeks for the card be processed and to show up. Hoping it isn’t delayed again due to current events, but the guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. If we haven’t gotten it by Friday, I plan to call in to their phone support...

Thanks a lot and I'm sorry to hear about all that up and down but I believe at this point all we can do is talk. I plan to reach out to them maybe next week because I just arrived and I will see what can be done as they have closed as you mentioned due to the pandemic 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

I would attempt to reach out to them. As far as I know the embassy is closed. If I remember correctly I read earlier here someone in Lagos showed up, and they and a bunch of other people who were waiting outside were told all interviews were cancelled and that due to backlog they were unable to email everyone about cancellation

Oooh,

Thanks very much.

Timeline

I had my interview on March 16th and got approved. Got my passport after 2 days on March 18th. 

My CR1 visa will expires on sep 5 , hope flights will resume soon so I can fly to states. Otherwise I have to redo medical and interview. God! I pray thing to come back to normal. 

Edited by lansk

Hi Guys

I just thought that I would ask on this thread since u all are the experienced ones who went through nvc. I would appreciate your response.

I got all my documents accepted but 1 message saying 'need document' - additional support documentation is required. Please submit every form w2/1099 on (persons name)transcript or tax return.

We submitted w2 separately . The 2 pages of the w2 was taken from the transcript and submitted under additional documents. Any idea what they are asking for, do they need the original w2 from?

Ty

13 hours ago, PSB said:

Hi Guys

I just thought that I would ask on this thread since u all are the experienced ones who went through nvc. I would appreciate your response.

I got all my documents accepted but 1 message saying 'need document' - additional support documentation is required. Please submit every form w2/1099 on (persons name)transcript or tax return.

We submitted w2 separately . The 2 pages of the w2 was taken from the transcript and submitted under additional documents. Any idea what they are asking for, do they need the original w2 from?

Ty

We called and they said to submit w2 for wife of joint sponser. Although her salary is not being used to sponser, do u all think we should also submit 864a and transcript ?

Can someone help with this question please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, yellowtulips said:

Good morning family!! I am so excited today!! I check the website and saw this!! Let my husband and I journey give you hope. We were one of the first interviews since the ban, we did not file any paperwork regarding a waiver, it was automatically considered and a week exactly after our interview, it says his visa has been issued!! Oh, God is so real!!!

96C89476-EA0A-448E-BC3B-A138294043F0.jpeg

Congratulations so happy for you. Still waiting on mine. Did my interview since Feb 10th. Still gotten issued yet don't know if it's bcos of the plague. Hoping soon

Timeline
14 hours ago, PSB said:

We called and they said to submit w2 for wife of joint sponser. Although her salary is not being used to sponser, do u all think we should also submit 864a and transcript ?

Can someone help with this question please?

yes you are to file both I 864 and I864a which is the household member.  Even if her salary is not been used But since she is a spouse of the joint sponsor u are to file both.  

Timeline

Please is there anyone who did his/her interview before trump IV ban that has gotten their visa issued after submitting additional documents? Mine was Feb 10th still on administrative processing. Anyone here with same issue? 

My wife received her invitation to interview on 3/23/20 at the US embassy in London for her spousal visa.

it says “as of March 17th the US embassy in London is cancelling routine no immigrant visas and reducing immigrant visa appointments.”

However on the State Department site it says “all routine immigrant and non immigrant visa appointments cancelled.” 3/20/20

Conflicting information and the embassy in London is not picking up the phone, and our interview was scheduled AFTER these notices were issued!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, HabibiSurf said:

My wife received her invitation to interview on 3/23/20 at the US embassy in London for her spousal visa.

it says “as of March 17th the US embassy in London is cancelling routine no immigrant visas and reducing immigrant visa appointments.”

However on the State Department site it says “all routine immigrant and non immigrant visa appointments cancelled.” 3/20/20

Conflicting information and the embassy in London is not picking up the phone, and our interview was scheduled AFTER these notices were issued!

The whole world is facing a terrible pandemic situation and I'm sure so many things don't matter right now...not even emabassy interviews.

People are praying to live so let's pray and hope this phase is over soon.

Hopefully, all will be resolved after this is over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, HabibiSurf said:

You have to understand the embassy and field offices are closed to the public and face to face but many embassies are still working on cases. And those two dates you mentioned say two totally different things.

I would guess the interview is in April, maybe they are being optimistic and hoping to reopen by then.

Now you have to wait until the world gets back to work and they will start rescheduling in the order.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, FloraTen said:

@Bking today makes it exactly two weeks since entry and I got my ss card in the mail today. Hopefully you get yours soon as well 🙏🏽

Just went to our mailbox, SSN in hand 😁!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Bking said:

Just went to our mailbox, SSN in hand 😁!

Awesome news. See somethings still working behind the scenes.

Don't be a stranger Bking, you have been a great asset to this thread. Pop in now and then say hey.

1 hour ago, FloraTen said:

@Bking today makes it exactly two weeks since entry and I got my ss card in the mail today. Hopefully you get yours soon as well 🙏🏽

Congratulations great news.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.