dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2020

232 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys,

Dusted off the ole profile to update that I actually landed safely yesterday (though the Airport was pretty empty and flights are being shutdown) but I know have a new dilemma, I hope someone can guide me. On the form I remembered selecting for the a SSN to be generated and sent to me but the CBP officer told me that I have to go to (or advise SSA) to do it for me. Can anyone clear this up?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bking said:

Hey guys,

Dusted off the ole profile to update that I actually landed safely yesterday (though the Airport was pretty empty and flights are being shutdown) but I know have a new dilemma, I hope someone can guide me. On the form I remembered selecting for the a SSN to be generated and sent to me but the CBP officer told me that I have to go to (or advise SSA) to do it for me. Can anyone clear this up?

I arrived three weeks ago and still Haven’t received my SSN. Unfortunately  offices are closed so There’s not much we can do other than wait I think.  Once they are open I plan going to the SSA office. 

Edited by Iscir

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Iscir said:

I arrived three weeks ago and still Haven’t received my SSN. Unfortunate offices are closed so There’s not much we can do other than wait I think.  Once they are open I plan going to the SSA office. 

I guess that's pretty much all we can do 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bking said:

Hey guys,

If you checked yes then it should arrive automatically. But of course with this coronavirus going on it may take significantly longer to get the SSN. Once offices reopen I would wait a few weeks before going in because if you apply for an SSN at the SS office after you've already checked for them to automatically make you one it can cause confusion in the system. So I would wait 3-4 or so weeks after offices reopen before you go in (because they are going to need time to catch up)

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
Just now, LilyJ said:

If you checked yes then it should arrive automatically. But of course with this coronavirus going on it may take significantly longer to get the SSN. Once offices reopen I would wait a few weeks before going in because if you apply for an SSN at the SS office after you've already checked for them to automatically make you one it can cause confusion in the system. So I would wait 3-4 or so weeks after offices reopen before you go in (because they are going to need time to catch up)

Thank you I appreciate it!

8 hours ago, Bking said:

Hey guys,

I was wondering the same thing. I was not told anything by CBP but I checked the option for one to be assigned to me as well.  Given the circumstances as mentioned above, we can all just wait and see how it goes.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, FloraTen said:

I was wondering the same thing. I was not told anything by CBP but I checked the option for one to be assigned to me as well.  Given the circumstances as mentioned above, we can all just wait and see how it goes.

Well of there's one thing we all have in common from this forum is patience lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband filed my i-30 in my maiden name.
Now, I'm reading we should have done it in my married name since I plan to change my name.
Since we are not at the NVC stage yet, can I go ahead and get a new passport with my married name?
Will it affect the fact that the application was filed with my maiden name?
I have read it going to be harder and more expensive to change my name on arrival in the US so its better to have the green card issued in my married name.
Please advise.

32 minutes ago, Yemyem said:

Now, I'm reading we should have done it in my married name since I plan to change my name.
Since we are not at the NVC stage yet, can I go ahead and get a new passport with my married name?
I have read it going to be harder and more expensive to change my name on arrival in the US so its better to have the green card issued in my married name.
Please advise.

I will advise you go ahead with it. You can do all the cHanges when you get here. I did that if my wife with her maiden name. I plan to change her name once she gets in here next month.

19 hours ago, Iscir said:

I arrived three weeks ago and still Haven’t received my SSN. Unfortunately  offices are closed so There’s not much we can do other than wait I think.  Once they are open I plan going to the SSA office. 

We're in the same boat. Arrived almost exactly 4 weeks ago and still nothing yet. We're hoping it comes in soon as we did check off the box that we needed one for my wife. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Yemyem said:

Please advise.

Yes you can get a new passport with your married name. Your green card will be issued with the name your passport is in so if you want your green card and visa in your married name, change your passport to your married name. You can update your name to your married name at NVC, it's ok that you used maiden name on the I130. Just update it at NVC once you change it

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello

My interview is next week in Lagos, Covid19 is causing travel restrictions on movement. We are moving to a shutdown.

I wouldve have thought US consulate would have rescheduled immigrant interviews but the only communication is for nonimmigrant interviews.

Im quite concerned - I cant reschedule my appointment right?

Secondly I dont have the original Police certificate that I submitted, I only have photocopies. Do I need to get a new one?

On 3/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, Bking said:

Hey guys,

Last Monday was day 12 since my husband arrived and still no SSN. So we went to the office (literally the day before they shut down) and the guy assured us that was the right thing to do because we should have gotten it within the first week (according to him). When he checked no number had been created for my husband yet. We had selected the box for one to be automatically issued, but as other people have reported, that just doesn’t always work. We filled out an entirely new application for a card, and the man took my husband’s passport to run things through a homeland security system check. He said to wait another two weeks for the card be processed and to show up. Hoping it isn’t delayed again due to current events, but the guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. If we haven’t gotten it by Friday, I plan to call in to their phone support...

Timeline
11 minutes ago, renny said:

Hello

My interview is next week in Lagos, Covid19 is causing travel restrictions on movement. We are moving to a shutdown.

I wouldve have thought US consulate would have rescheduled immigrant interviews but the only communication is for nonimmigrant interviews.

Im quite concerned - I cant reschedule my appointment right?

Secondly I dont have the original Police certificate that I submitted, I only have photocopies. Do I need to get a new one?

I would attempt to reach out to them. As far as I know the embassy is closed. If I remember correctly I read earlier here someone in Lagos showed up, and they and a bunch of other people who were waiting outside were told all interviews were cancelled and that due to backlog they were unable to email everyone about cancellation

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.