Heart<3

Errors on Form I-129F

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just rcvd the replica packet from the Petitioner and found out the typos on the form. We haven’t scheduled for the interview but let’s say we have not much time left at this point 2 1/2months base on the date given on my NOA2 approval. There are 3 errors: Spelling on my physical address, end date of my marriage and lastly my mother’s maiden name.

i read that we can possibly correct the address during or after the interview. I could be wrong on that.

As for my end date of marriage we sent a copy of my divorce along w/ the Form I-129F, but he input the wrong date on the form. As for my mother’s name, wrong spelling on her last name. How do we correct that? Birth Certificate of my myself or my mum?

Your opinions are highly appreciated. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Heart<3 said:

I just rcvd the replica packet from the Petitioner and found out the typos on the form. We haven’t scheduled for the interview but let’s say we have not much time left at this point 2 1/2months base on the date given on my NOA2 approval. There are 3 errors: Spelling on my physical address, end date of my marriage and lastly my mother’s maiden name.

i read that we can possibly correct the address during or after the interview. I could be wrong on that.

As for my end date of marriage we sent a copy of my divorce along w/ the Form I-129F, but he input the wrong date on the form. As for my mother’s name, wrong spelling on her last name. How do we correct that? Birth Certificate of my myself or my mum?

Your opinions are highly appreciated. 

Don't worry about the I-129F, can't fix anything on that.  (serious relax)      IF .... only IF ....  the CO asks about anything regarding the I-129F during the interview do you give him the correct  info .. if he doesn't ask ... silence  ... only answer questions asked, don't get chatty.

Nothing to worry about.  You can enter the correct address or other issues in the DS-160 visa application.  << this is what is important now.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

As for the validity of the petition, the embassy will extend the validity for up to one year.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Don't worry about the I-129F, can't fix anything on that.  (serious relax)      IF .... only IF ....  the CO asks about anything regarding the I-129F during the interview do you give him the correct  info .. if he doesn't ask ... silence  ... only answer questions asked, don't get chatty.

Nothing to worry about.  You can enter the correct address or other issues in the DS-160 visa application.  << this is what is important now.

As for the validity of the petition, the embassy will extend the validity for up to one year.

I’m freaking out at the mo and I need to step back to breathe a little. 

Thank you so much @Hank_. I’ll do what u have advised.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Heart<3 said:

I’m freaking out at the mo and I need to step back to breathe a little. 

Thank you so much @Hank_. I’ll do what u have advised.

No need to freak out ... relax .. all is good.  Make sure everything is correct in the DS-160 and you will be fine.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/1/2020 at 10:13 AM, Hank_ said:

Thank you @Hank_ I was wondering if the USEM MNL will automatically extend the date indicated on my NOA2 approval which is valid until May 14, 2020 or do I need to notify them for an extension?

I was going to book an interview for April then have the medical this month, but since the lockdown I am unable to fly to Manila and bcz of that I didn’t pay nor book a date for an interview. I’m not quite sure how to move forward from here in this time of uncertainty.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Heart<3 said:

Thank you @Hank_ I was wondering if the USEM MNL will automatically extend the date indicated on my NOA2 approval which is valid until May 14, 2020 or do I need to notify them for an extension?

I was going to book an interview for April then have the medical this month, but since the lockdown I am unable to fly to Manila and bcz of that I didn’t pay nor book a date for an interview. I’m not quite sure how to move forward from here in this time of uncertainty.

Most of the time the embassy automatically extends the validity.  There is a info for the petitioner to request the extension also, it is noted in the guide I will listed earlier under the SCHEDULING INTERVIEW tab near the bottom "Tips and Notes";     All interviews were cancelled so it is good you didn't schedule that.  It is fine that you have delayed paying the visa fee as well, but you will want to get that handled at least one day before you want to schedule your interview as it can take up to 24 hrs for the payment to be recorded.

For now be patient, wait for notice that the lock down is ending ... then it will be ROCK n ROLL time!

Petition Validity
Your NOA2 has a 4 month validity.  If your visa application process takes longer than the 4 months the petitioner should email the the embassy requesting they extend the validity of the petition:  support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com to request for the extension.  Make sure to include your MNL#.

~

In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State is temporarily suspending routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates. Embassies and consulates will cancel all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments as of March 20, 2020. As resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services. Our overseas missions will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/routine-visa-services-suspended-worldwide.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.