heklica91

Social media evidence for I-751?

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello fellow immigrants!

Right now I'm preparing all the documentation for removal of conditions. 11 days left till my 90 day period starts (crossing my fingers)!

My AOS was prepared by a lawyer (very expensive) and right now since I'm the only breadwinner (husband - the citizen isn't working) paying for lawyer fees is outta question. While gathering evidence for AOS lawyer advice us since we are millennials (and we millennials love social media, texting etc - his words) he adviced us to print out social media posts (with likes and comments - YES this is true), social media correspondence (Facebook, Instagram), as well as sms messaging and call logs. We submitted all this on our AOS interview (we got aproved on spot, officer was laughing while reading our messages on social media since me and hubby are texting 24/7).

My question today is: Should i include these in evidence for I-751 too? I feel like it couldn't hurt the case (especially since we don't have mutual insurance - only dental, and no car loans (only credit cards) and we still live with in laws (who wrote affidavit confirming we live together). 

Did you include Social Media or no? Is it good to or no?

Feel free to DM me or write any advice down below  if you have any advice. I would be VERY HAPPY and thankfull. Thank you so much and God bless you!

P.S. Sorry if my post seems rushed I am just very nervous about going throughout  the whole process again. So nerve wracking!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would NOT include social media posts for ROC.  There is no requirement, and I don't see how they would prove a bona fide marriage.  I would stick to the basics outlined in the VJ guide...  This is what we included for my wife's case:

Apartment lease with both our names & signatures
Periodic Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
Deed for new home with both our names
Mortgage Lender Letter with both our names.
Credit Cards showing both on joint account with same card number.
Amazon delivery label showing both names and our current address.
Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor.
Tricare (Health Care)  Eligibility Letter showing both of us together.
Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)
Our Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
2018 Joint Tax ReturnTax Returns 
Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
Car Insurance Cards showing both of us as insured drivers for our car
Boarding Passes for Las Vegas Valentine Day Trip 2019
Utility application showing both our names for our current address    

I advise you to send your package a few days after the window opens...

Concentrate on QUALITY, not quantity...

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

thank you so much for your reply! My biggest worry is not having a lease for an apartment or house since they are on my mother in laws name. All my documents (including my licence) have that address. We have her affidavit saying I've been living there for years. I just hope it's enough.

thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, heklica91 said:

thank you so much for your reply! My biggest worry is not having a lease for an apartment or house since they are on my mother in laws name. All my documents (including my licence) have that address. We have her affidavit saying I've been living there for years. I just hope it's enough.

thank you!

That should be sufficient, imo.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Social media is the kind of thing you provide for a K-1 visa (maybe a slightly sketchy CR-1 where you don't have solid evidence of living together/finances).  For ROC, I don't believe it adds anything at all.

Your living situation is not that uncommon on this site.  The affidavit from the mother-in-law should help explain your living situation.  Including copies of both of your driver's licenses or bills with the same address also corroborate cohabitation.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

a lot of people try to thicken the evidence pile, going with quantity over quality, without looking at the big picture. You've got what you've got because of the way you live your life. It's fine not to have certain items.

You are most likely going to get an interview anyway, I think everybody gets to go nowadays. They will ask questions about certain things you do not have and you explain why you don't have them. During that part it will become clear to the IO if you are a real couple or not and that is what they look for.

We do not have a joint account or credit card. I'm not on the deed of the house. There were zero pictures included. We have not gone on major trips. We had a court house wedding only. I do not wear a wedding band. None of these things look good on paper, but none of it mattered during the interview. The IO asked about a few things, our answers made sense and of we went.

14 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

Social media is the kind of thing you provide for a K-1 visa (maybe a slightly sketchy CR-1 where you don't have solid evidence of living together/finances).  

I agree social media is more appropriate for a fiance visa but I'm pretty sure most CR1 couples don't live together. 

Timeline

Thank you so much for your responses.  I will definitely take up on your advice and leave out unnecessary evidence.  Reading all the posts about how silly it would be really made me double think it. Thank you guys!

14 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

a lot of people try to thicken the evidence pile, going with quantity over quality, without looking at the big picture. You've got what you've got because of the way you live your life. It's fine not to have certain items.

You are most likely going to get an interview anyway, I think everybody gets to go nowadays. They will ask questions about certain things you do not have and you explain why you don't have them. During that part it will become clear to the IO if you are a real couple or not and that is what they look for.

We do not have a joint account or credit card. I'm not on the deed of the house. There were zero pictures included. We have not gone on major trips. We had a court house wedding only. I do not wear a wedding band. None of these things look good on paper, but none of it mattered during the interview. The IO asked about a few things, our answers made sense and of we went.

Interview? I heard this was rare with ROC? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.