bolero_pa

Wait for letter? We know MNL#

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’ve read posts and guides. There is different info out there. Do we really wait for fiancé to receive letter from embassy or may we proceed. We already know the MNL#. 

Has anyone recently moved through this phase?

Some posts say once we know the MNL# we can visit the site and begin setting up the interview process. 

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

I’ve read posts and guides. There is different info out there. Do we really wait for fiancé to receive letter from embassy or may we proceed. We already know the MNL#. 

Some posts say once we know the MNL# we can visit the site and begin setting up the interview process. 

Thanks!

You the beneficiary will more than likely not receive the letter at all. You can go ahead and pay for the embassy interview with the MNL# and then schedule it. The petitioner will get the letter and can send it to you by email for the medical

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

Thanks!

You can start right now.   If you wait for a letter from the embassy you might be waiting for years

YMMV

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You the beneficiary will more than likely not receive the letter at all. You can go ahead and pay for the embassy interview with the MNL# and then schedule it. The petitioner will get the letter and can send it to you by email for the medical

Can I as the petitioner visit the site, make the payment and schedule interview or must the beneficiary perform all those steps? Her internet access is not very reliable 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

Can I as the petitioner visit the site, make the payment and schedule interview or must the beneficiary perform all those steps? Her internet access is not very reliable 

Payment is made to BPI, kinda hard to do it from the states

YMMV

26 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

Payment is made in person at a BPI branch. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Payment is made in person at a BPI branch. 

Ok thanks. Sorry I’m a bit confused. 

I mean may I complete the steps on this page?:

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

I haven’t dug into the site, but perhaps it’s something I can submit online, rather than waiting for my fiancé to obtain internet access. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

I haven’t dug into the site, but perhaps it’s something I can submit online, rather than waiting for my fiancé to obtain internet access. 

I suggest you visit the Manila website and look at the 5 steps listed for the fiancee visa

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I suggest you visit the Manila website and look at the 5 steps listed for the fiancee visa

Thanks. I’ve been reading every single website I can find. I think I’m at the point where I, from what I understand the beneficiary is the only person who can submit the DS 160. Does that sound correct? Thanks againThanks. I’ve been reading every single website I can find. I think I’m at the point where I, from what I understand the beneficiary is the only person who can submit the DS 160. Does that sound correct? Thanks again

Timeline
6 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

Thanks. I’ve been reading every single website I can find. I think I’m at the point where I, from what I understand the beneficiary is the only person who can submit the DS 160. Does that sound correct? Thanks againThanks. I’ve been reading every single website I can find. I think I’m at the point where I, from what I understand the beneficiary is the only person who can submit the DS 160. Does that sound correct? Thanks again

Visa applicant is supposed to be the one who pushes the submission button.   

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, bolero_pa said:

Thanks!

Having your MNL# isn't enough.  Your CEAC status must show READY,  at that time you can schedule your interview.   You do not need the embassy letter.

Here is a link to a guide for the process, K-1 process info is in the 2nd set of TABS

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

How did you receive the MNL# ?  Letter or email?     Your fiancee will need you to email that to her so she can print out 2 copies for the medical at SLEC.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

CEAC status needs to show READY to avoid issues at the embassy before scheduling the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, bolero_pa said:

That link is to the DS-160.   You can assist your fiancee with completing this online form, but it states that by law she is to submit it  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

That link is to the DS-160.   You can assist your fiancee with completing this online form, but it states that by law she is to submit it  ;)  

Awesome. Thanks. Yes I eventually figured that out and began the application a few hours ago, saving each page as I went along until the questions became too specific to her work information. But she has the identification number now and she can complete the rest of the application on her own. I love this website, and all the answers are there. Sometimes it’s just a matter of researching multiple inquiries to find all the information.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Having your MNL# isn't enough.  Your CEAC status must show READY,  at that time you can schedule your interview.   You do not need the embassy letter.

Here is a link to a guide for the process, K-1 process info is in the 2nd set of TABS

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

How did you receive the MNL# ?  Letter or email?     Your fiancee will need you to email that to her so she can print out 2 copies for the medical at SLEC.

The MNL# was on a pdf file attached to an email I received which stated the NVC had sent the application to the foreign embassy. 

Thanks. I hadn’t realized that I needed to forward that PDF file to my fiancé to print it for interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.