jaguar89

Scheduled interview - AOS

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys,

ย 

I checked my status online early this morning and I was so shocked to received an unexpected update,ย it says that they are ready to schedule my interview for I-485 and they will be sending me the notice. How long usually, would be the preparation in days until the interview? And is itย possible that I will have my interview without the approved I-130?ย 

ย 

Thanks for those who would answer and help.ย 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jaguar89 said:

Hi Guys,

ย 

I checked my status online early this morning and I was so shocked to received an unexpected update,ย it says that they are ready to schedule my interview for I-485 and they will be sending me the notice. How long usually, would be the preparation in days until the interview? And is itย possible that I will have my interview without the approved I-130?ย 

ย 

Congrats!

ย 

It depends on your local office. You're basically standing in line to get an appointment. So if you're in Houston, NYC, etc., it can be up to a year until you have an interview scheduled (They will update to let you know). Check the "Processing Time" tab to find the average wait time for your local office.ย 

ย 

If you are concurrent filling, I'll just focus on I-485 updates. They process your I-485 and I-130 "concurrently."

Timeline
1 minute ago, vanessanguyen083 said:

Congrats!

ย 

It depends on your local office. You're basically standing in line to get an appointment. So if you're in Houston, NYC, etc., it can be up to a year until you have an interview scheduled (They will update to let you know). Check the "Processing Time" tab to find the average wait time for your local office.ย 

ย 

If you are concurrent filling, I'll just focus on I-485 updates. They process your I-485 and I-130 "concurrently."

Thank you Maโ€™am! Where is theย processing time can be found? Is it here in visa journey or in uscis website. Thanks again.ย 

Timeline
Just now, jaguar89 said:

Thank you Maโ€™am! Where is theย processing time can be found? Is it here in visa journey or in uscis website. Thanks again.ย 

On the visa journey website (it's a tad more real-time). Oh and "My case is ready to be scheduled" and "My interview was scheduled" are completely different things. 1st means you are waiting in line. 2nd means you should receive your interview notice byย mail in about 7 days.ย 

ย 

And also, please fill out your timeline. It helps collect stats, for people on the same journey as you and I.

Timeline

Noted Maโ€™am, I surely will.ย ย The only thing they mentioned is We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Does it mean I will be expecting for a mail in 7 days.ย 

Timeline
1 minute ago, jaguar89 said:

Noted Maโ€™am, I surely will.ย ย The only thing they mentioned is We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Does it mean I will be expecting for a mail in 7 days.ย 

We "will". I mean they have not. If the title of your status is like this, you're still in line.

20200227_082349.jpg

Timeline

Yah that is theย title I have received Maโ€™am. Which means I have enough time to prepare myself prior interview.ย Thank you very much for the information. Pls wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜Šย I will also update my timeline for other members ๐Ÿ˜Š

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jaguar89 said:

Hi Guys,

ย 

ย 

When did you file your AOSย 

Timeline

Filed last November 20, 2019 sir/maโ€™am. I had RFE received last January 26 and response to them last Feb 15th, and now case is ready for scheduled interview. My nearest local office is New Orleans. I am not sure how long itโ€™ll take for me to receive the notice for schedule.ย 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, jaguar89 said:

Filed last November 20, 2019 sir/maโ€™am. I had RFE received last January 26 and response to them last Feb 15th, and now case is ready for scheduled interview. My nearest local office is New Orleans. I am not sure how long itโ€™ll take for me to receive the notice for schedule.ย 

It can still take weeks or months till your case status will say that an interview was scheduled.ย 

It's about 5 months from sending the application to interview in New Orleans but that's just an average of what other members have reported.ย New Orleans filers are rare on VJ so yea, please fill your timeline ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

Edited by Letspaintcookies

7 hours ago, jaguar89 said:

Hi Guys,

ย 

ย 

Lol mine has said ready to schedule for interview since June 2019. My local office is a high volume one and I will likely not have the interview for another few months. Have a look at the processing times on here for your specific office. VJ is only a very small sample of all those who are immigrating but I find the timelines are actuallyย pretty accurate.ย 

Timeline

Thatโ€™s really slow, I hope youโ€™ll get an update for your scheduled interview very soon. Where is your local office?ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It depend on local office,mine changed from Ready to be scheduled to interview schedule within one working day, and some it took them some months even a year. Good luck to you.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It can still take weeks or months till your case status will say that an interview was scheduled.ย 

It's about 5 months from sending the application to interview in New Orleans but that's just an average of what other members have reported.ย New Orleans filers are rare on VJ so yea, please fill your timeline ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

Thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š your info is so helpful.ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.