stech786

Coronavirus Expedite thoughts?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree.  I don't think you would get anywhere, but if you try, let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, stech786 said:

Has anyone thought about Using Coronavirus to expedite their case, if from Asia (not China, but from all other countries)

Pakistan isn't even hit hard with it. So I don't see an expedite working unfortunately. 

~~moved to general immigration discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  Topic is not visa specific~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

what would be the reason to expedite?

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Pakistan isn't even hit hard with it. So I don't see an expedite working unfortunately. 

It did today, 

1 hour ago, jeaniecz said:

what would be the reason to expedite?

Idk, just gathering thoughts 

7 hours ago, cyclone27 said:

If anything it will be lengthier process so don’t anticipate an expedite helping at all.

What do you mean

10 hours ago, stech786 said:

Has anyone thought about Using Coronavirus to expedite their case, if from Asia (not China, but from all other countries)

"Using corona virus"? You mean you don't have a good reason to expedite but just want to jump to the front of the line and are trying to come up with a reason?

No, I had a second where I thought about that since I'm at Nebraska and live in South Korea where we have new cases every day. They've postponed schools here and lots of places are closed down.  We've been told to stay inside as much as possible. 

Even so, I highly doubt it would work and quickly gave up that thought. And I'm from a highly affected area.

Sent I-130 Packet:  09/27/2019 

Received/PD:          09/30/2019

NOA 1 Sent:            10/02/2019

Updated :dancing::         10/15/2019

Updated:                  02/23/2020 (NSC to TSC)

Updated:                  04/02/2020

Updated:                  05/26/2020

NOA 2:                      05/27/2020

NVC Paid:                05/28/2020

NVC submitted:      07/04/2020

I-129F Sent:            10/24/2019

I-129F Recieved:    10/28/2019

I-129F NOA 1:         11/04/2019  (no action on I-129F)

13 hours ago, stech786 said:

I don't see that working for Pakistan, even if it would for other Asian countries.

I think it will work for an “Expedited Denial” if they think you have it. 

14 hours ago, cyclone27 said:

If anything it will be lengthier process so don’t anticipate an expedite helping at all.

pretty much this. i would expect much longer wait times as well

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, stech786 said:

We are approved in Manila, waiting for the passports and visas.=====  I tried writing to the Embassy there and pleading my case because of the growing travel bans.  They responded by acknowledging all of the compliments I gave them about how good they have been to us so far.  They said thank you for the kind words, but completely ignored my request to expedite.  I think the problem with asking for an expedited Visa because of a potential pandemic or travel ban because of health fears is this; why should you get preferential treatment over every other filer who is in the same boat?  If they expedite you ahead of those who are in line in front of you, that isn't fair to the others who will be just as affected by the same issues.  Be patient, as long as you aren't immigrating from China, you should be next in line, assuming you are next in line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.