Mazikeen

Medical and Interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I'm here again. I just need some inputs regarding the medical and Interview timeframes. So, I scheduled my Interview on March 3rd. That's Tuesday. Planning on getting my medical on Monday which is March 2nd. Would I be able to finish my medical exams on Monday and then be ready for the internist on Tuesday? I'm a little scared that I might not have enough time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The results of the medical will not be there on the day of your interview, but you should be fine. Your approval will be delayed until they get them, but it probably won't be a long delay - maybe a week or so. My husband was in exactly the same situation and had to wait about a week for his approval and about two weeks for the Visa to arrive.

5 hours ago, Mazikeen said:

Hi, I'm here again. I just need some inputs regarding the medical and Interview timeframes. So, I scheduled my Interview on March 3rd. That's Tuesday. Planning on getting my medical on Monday which is March 2nd. Would I be able to finish my medical exams on Monday and then be ready for the internist on Tuesday? I'm a little scared that I might not have enough time. 

No, no, no.

At least 2 days for medical and then a day between the second day and the interview

For example: Monday and Tuesday medical, Thursday interview 

4 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

The results of the medical will not be there on the day of your interview, but you should be fine. Your approval will be delayed until they get them, but it probably won't be a long delay - maybe a week or so. My husband was in exactly the same situation and had to wait about a week for his approval and about two weeks for the Visa to arrive.

It doesn't work that way for Manila embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, noypi321 said:

No, no, no.

At least 2 days for medical and then a day between the second day and the interview

For example: Monday and Tuesday medical, Thursday interview 

It doesn't work that way for Manila embassy.

Sorry for the misinformation. I couldn't see the OP's country on my phone. I should have looked for that. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mazikeen said:

Bad plan!!    The medical at SLEC is a TWO (2) day process, and you want 24 hrs between day 2 of the medical and the interview.

If your interview is scheduled for March 3rd,  you should complete your medical the 27th & 28th of February (no weekends or holidays)

Complete the online pre-registration to save time the first day.   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 2/25/2020 at 5:27 PM, Hank_ said:

Bad plan!!    The medical at SLEC is a TWO (2) day process, and you want 24 hrs between day 2 of the medical and the interview.

If your interview is scheduled for March 3rd,  you should complete your medical the 27th & 28th of February (no weekends or holidays)

Complete the online pre-registration to save time the first day.   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Thanks so much Hank. So, I rescheduled my interview to March 5th which is on Thursday. Just finished my medical and vaccination today. They gave me all the paperwork and the teller said these are the things you need to bring when you go to the US, like the CD and the vaccination certificate. And the closed envelope stating donnot open. Does that mean I passed the medical exam?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Thanks so much Hank. So, I rescheduled my interview to March 5th which is on Thursday. Just finished my medical and vaccination today. They gave me all the paperwork and the teller said these are the things you need to bring when you go to the US, like the CD and the vaccination certificate. And the closed envelope stating donnot open. Does that mean I passed the medical exam?

You received the vaccinations so you are good to go!  :)  You received a copy of the DS-3025 and the CD?   Did you receive a brown sealed envelope?  

If there are any issues with the medical SLEC will not complete the vaccinations

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You received the vaccinations so you are good to go!  :)  You received a copy of the DS-3025 and the CD?   Did you receive a brown sealed envelope?  

If there are any issues with the medical SLEC will not complete the vaccinations

Yep. I got all those Hank! Yay! I'm so happy If I indeed passed them 😁. Just one more step. Hope i pass the interview. 

Oh btw, the NVC spelled the last letter of my middle name incorrectly. It's suppose Z but they spelled it S. Should I be worried about that?

24 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Yep. I got all those Hank! Yay! I'm so happy If I indeed passed them 😁. Just one more step. Hope i pass the interview. 

Oh btw, the NVC spelled the last letter of my middle name incorrectly. It's suppose Z but they spelled it S. Should I be worried about that?

Congratulations on passing the medical! Just a few quick questions, since some reported being asked to get a polio vaccine outside of SLEC. ( I'm doing a survey, trying to figure out what's going on.)

How many vaccines did you get?

Were you told to get the polio vaccine?

On your DS3025, vaccination record, is polio vaccine marked as A (not age appropriate)?

Hope you can answer those! Thanks!

Re: NVC Do you mean the email from them? If so, you should be fine, just fill out correctly the DS-160. 

Good luck on your interview!

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

No, nothing to worry about with NVC.    Just make sure everything in the DS-160 is correct < this is the visa application.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
58 minutes ago, noypi321 said:

Congratulations on passing the medical! Just a few quick questions, since some reported being asked to get a polio vaccine outside of SLEC. ( I'm doing a survey, trying to figure out what's going on.)

How many vaccines did you get?

Were you told to get the polio vaccine?

On your DS3025, vaccination record, is polio vaccine marked as A (not age appropriate)?

Hope you can answer those! Thanks!

Re: NVC Do you mean the email from them? If so, you should be fine, just fill out correctly the DS-160. 

Good luck on your interview!

Hi thanks so much! 🙂 Yep. I was told to get a polio vaccine before leaving for US. They said that the immigration in the US will ask for it when I arrive.

I had three vaccines only the tdap, mmr and varicella. There's no polio vaccine written in the document. I was told that whenever i get one i should also get a certificate from them which has fee but the vaccine itself is for free.

Hope this answers your question.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No, nothing to worry about with NVC.    Just make sure everything in the DS-160 is correct < this is the visa application.

That's a relief. You see, changing or correcting names here in the Philippines are a pain in the ###. Even if it has one mis spelt letter l. You have to go to court, city hall and all to get your name corrected.

Thanks again for all the help Hank!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

That's a relief. You see, changing or correcting names here in the Philippines are a pain in the ###. Even if it has one mis spelt letter l. You have to go to court, city hall and all to get your name corrected.

Thanks again for all the help Hank!

No you don't.  Typos in names on a BC can be corrected at the LCR, no court process required.  

Incorrector misspelled name can be corrected and fixed under the provisions of R.A. 9048, or an act “authorizing the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to correct a clerical or typographical error in an entry and/or change first name or nickname without need of a judicial order.”

Change of name

In order to correct a person’s first, middle, or last name in the birth certificate, a petition should be filed in the local civil registry office of the city or municipality where the birth is registered.

Requirements for the petition includes copy of birth certificate; not less than two documents like baptismal certificate, voter’s’ affidavit, employment record, driver’s license, and other private or public documents; certificate of posting and proof of publication are also required.

For changing of name, a P3,000.00 will be charged as filing fee.

Correction of typo error/wrong spelling

For wrongly spelled names on the birth certificate, same requirements and process shall be done. However the filing fee for correcting typographical error or misspelled names will only cost P1,000.00.

Filing of petitions can be done by the owner of the birth certificate, his or her spouse, children, parents, immediate relatives, guardian, and other person duly authorized by law or by the owner of the name.

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/wrong-spelling-1

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Hi thanks so much! 🙂 Yep. I was told to get a polio vaccine before leaving for US. They said that the immigration in the US will ask for it when I arrive.

I had three vaccines only the tdap, mmr and varicella. There's no polio vaccine written in the document. I was told that whenever i get one i should also get a certificate from them which has fee but the vaccine itself is for free.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you so much. That's interesting, I've only seen people who did their medicals in Feb. be told to get the polio vaccine. I know a couple of people who did their medical in Jan and there was no mention of it. Makes me wonder if they have to do it too, if they're not in the US yet. Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.