Mazikeen

Can I edit DS-160?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

you also have to choose "Immigrant Visa" on the CEAC site. 

Seriously? When I file my DS-160? I should choose Immigrant? Omg, i should do it again then? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

I did not enter the correct case number in my first DS-160 hence this post. And I waited 3 weeks already and that's probably why it says no Status still until yesterday. 

I also created a new DS-160 last night. Hopefully, I'll get a status soon enough. But since I created a new one, does that mean my waiting time resets again?

I am talking about with CEAC to check your status.    You must also choose Immigrant Visa when checking status

DS-160 has nothing to do with CEAC status.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mazikeen said:

Seriously? When I file my DS-160? I should choose Immigrant? Omg, i should do it again then? 

When you search the status on the CEAC site you should choose immigrant and put in the MNL# on that screen. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

The DS 160 has nothing to do with the "Ready" status. 

Don't you get a case number after you fill your ds-160? And that application number is what you're when you check your status on this link?

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

Timeline
Just now, Mazikeen said:

Don't you get a case number after you fill your ds-160? And that application number is what you're when you check your status on this link?

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

No. The case number comes from the NVC- National Visa Center. When did you file your case and when was it approved- NOA2

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

OMG. I have been doing this thing incorrectly the whole time. LOL. I don't know how would I this without this community. 

Did you complete an I-129F and send it to the USCIS in Dallas?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mazikeen said:

OMG! Omg! My status is READY!!!

Now that you have slowed down and gotten your CEAC status .. it is time to ROCK n ROLL

Here is the link to the guide (one more time), follow it and you will be done with the visa interview in short order.   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Now that you have slowed down and gotten your CEAC status .. it is time to ROCK n ROLL

Here is the link to the guide (one more time), follow it and you will be done with the visa interview in short order.   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Thanks so much Hank! Thanks for being patient with me. I knew i had a lot of questions. Lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, noypi321 said:

It's probably been Ready for weeks now. A friend of ours who's file shipped the same time as yours already has their Visa in hand is leaving next week. Good luck! Hope you get yours soon too

I know right? I was being stupid. And wasn't reading literally until these people was patient enough to make me understand 😅. I'm so thankful of this community. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mazikeen said:

Thanks so much Hank! Thanks for being patient with me. I knew i had a lot of questions. Lol

Everything is in the guide .. follow it step by step (including CFO),  y'all will be done with the interview soon.

Have questions .. ask away.  Lots of good help here

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mazikeen said:

Hey guys, What does ''priority date" n\means in filing out the online schedule interview form?

Priority date isn't used with the K-1  ... just the same the space can't be left blank.   It is the receipt date from your NOA .

Info on the DS-160 here under the DS-160 tab:    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html    

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.