Mazikeen

Can I edit DS-160?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i have been lurking and reading stuff about the K1-visa and I think I might have used an incorrect case number. I think i mixed it up with the USCIS receipt number and the case number. I used the receipt number instead. I'm kind of nervous right now because it has been 3 weeks since i file the DS-160 and up until now it says 'no status' is that normal?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Hi, i have been lurking and reading stuff about the K1-visa and I think I might have used an incorrect case number. I think i mixed it up with the USCIS receipt number and the case number. I used the receipt number instead. I'm kind of nervous right now because it has been 3 weeks since i file the DS-160 and up until now it says 'no status' is that normal?

On the DS-160 the receipt number from the I-797 (NOA) is what is needed.   The DS-160 can not be corrected once submitted.    If there is a small issue (like a number) the CO can correct this during the interview, otherwise you can complete and submit a NEW DS-160 and bring the NEW confirmation page to the interview

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/04/ds_160_step_by_step_guide.pdf

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

On the DS-160 the receipt number from the I-797 (NOA) is what is needed.   The DS-160 can not be corrected once submitted.    If there is a small issue (like a number) the CO can correct this during the interview, otherwise you can complete and NEW DS-160 and bring the NEW confirmation page to the interview

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/04/ds_160_step_by_step_guide.pdf

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Oh my god. That's probably why i get no status at all. Thanks Hank. But is it okay if I file and complete another DS-160? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Oh my god. That's probably why i get no status at all. Thanks Hank. But is it okay if I file and complete another DS-160? 

Yes it is fine to complete a new DS-160.  Bring the NEW confirmation page to the interview

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes it is fine to complete a new DS-160.  Bring the NEW confirmation page to the interview

Thanks so much Hank! Appreciate it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Hey, I've also needed to change some things on the DS-160 few days prior to the interview and just went to retrieve my original (wrong) DS160 application and then you can click on start new so all your answers are still saved and you can adjust just the ones you put wrong. I brought the new DS160 confirmation page to the interview and had absolutely no problems. I hope this helps and good luck.

Timeline
10 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

Hey, I've also needed to change some things on the DS-160 few days prior to the interview and just went to retrieve my original (wrong) DS160 application and then you can click on start new so all your answers are still saved and you can adjust just the ones you put wrong. I brought the new DS160 confirmation page to the interview and had absolutely no problems. I hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks. Unfortunately, my mistake was the case number itself and I've filed my DS-160 3 weeks ago and still says no status. Since i just filed a new one, does this means that my waiting time resets again?

We received the letter from NVC that it was forwarded to the consulate in Manila last January 22nd of I'm not mistaken. Ughhh. This waiting game is frustrating and borderline painful. 😔

Timeline

Thanks. Unfortunately, my mistake was the case number itself and I've filed my DS-160 3 weeks ago and still says no status. Since i just filed a new one, does this means that my waiting time resets again?

We received the letter from NVC that it was forwarded to the consulate in Manila last January 22nd of I'm not mistaken. Ughhh. This waiting game is frustrating and borderline painful. 😔

What do you mean by no status? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

What do you mean by no status? 

Every time I check my ceac application status. Right after i filed out my DS-160.

This link

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

They say it has to have the ready status first before I pay for visa fee and schedule an interview. I also called their call center and the agent told me that I have to wait for interview eligibility or what they call Interview letter and I have no idea what does it look like. Would that come from NVC or from the consulate?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

No status?     You check CEAC and it doesn't show your status?

Info and link to CEAC here >   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

Every time I check my ceac application status. Right after i filed out my DS-160.

This link

They say it has to have the ready status first before I pay for visa fee and schedule an interview. I also called their call center and the agent told me that I have to wait for interview eligibility or what they call Interview letter and I have no idea what does it look like. Would that come from NVC or from the consulate?

Are you entering your MNL#  correctly?

You need the CEAC status to show READY before scheduling the interview, you can pay the visa fee without CEAC status showing READY.

Do read through the guide I gave you a link to in the previous post.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

This link

After you K1 application is approved, it goes to the NVC for some further processing then is sent to the embassy. Only when the embassy receives the case will the status change to Ready. It is at that time you can complete the medical exam, DS-160, and schedule the interview. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

This link

you also have to choose "Immigrant Visa" on the CEAC site. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Are you entering your MNL#  correctly?

You need the CEAC status to show READY before scheduling the interview, you can pay the visa fee without CEAC status showing READY.

Do read through the guide I gave you a link to in the previous post.

I did not enter the correct case number in my first DS-160 hence this post. And I waited 3 weeks already and that's probably why it says no Status still until yesterday. 

I also created a new DS-160 last night. Hopefully, I'll get a status soon enough. But since I created a new one, does that mean my waiting time resets again?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mazikeen said:

I did not enter the correct case number in my first DS-160 hence this post. And I waited 3 weeks already and that's probably why it says no Status still until yesterday. 

I also created a new DS-160 last night. Hopefully, I'll get a status soon enough. But since I created a new one, does that mean my waiting time resets again?

The DS 160 has nothing to do with the "Ready" status. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.