ZhaiandPaulino

NVC email attachment seems encryted

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We receive an email from NVC 2 weeks ago saying that our case is sent to US embassy Manila already,but the attachment seems encrypted and I heard I needed it for my medical.I called the NVC right after we receive the email,and I was told that it takes up to 2 weeks for that email to be resend to us,but until now we don't receive that email,anyone who experience the same thing,and how long do they resend it to you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ZhaiandPaulino said:

We receive an email from NVC 2 weeks ago saying that our case is sent to US embassy Manila already,but the attachment seems encrypted and I heard I needed it for my medical.I called the NVC right after we receive the email,and I was told that it takes up to 2 weeks for that email to be resend to us,but until now we don't receive that email,anyone who experience the same thing,and how long do they resend it to you?

It's an .rtf file, are you certain you have an application that can read that type of file format?

YMMV

Timeline
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It's an .rtf file, are you certain you have an application that can read that type of file format?

Idk I have tried opening it with Google docs,adobe reader and Microsoft word,and tried opening it from the email itself and nothing works,it still shows me the same format,is there any application I should download to open that file?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, ZhaiandPaulino said:

This is how it looks like whenever I open it

IMG_20200220_085305.jpg

What application is this in?

Have you booked the interview yet?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What application is this in?

Have you booked the interview yet?

In the Gmail application,it looks the same also in Microsoft word and notepad,

I have set my interview for March 26

Timeline
1 minute ago, ZhaiandPaulino said:

In the Gmail application,it looks the same also in Microsoft word and notepad,

I have set my interview for March 26

Rtf is a Microsoft creation so it should open properly in word.  Have you tried a different device?

SLEC should accept your interview confirmation receipt

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Rtf is a Microsoft creation so it should open properly in word.  Have you tried a different device?

SLEC should accept your interview confirmation receipt

Yes my fiance did try opening it also in an IOS phone,and it's also the same,so we really think that it's the attachment that has problem

Timeline
Just now, ZhaiandPaulino said:

Yes my fiance did try opening it also in an IOS phone,and it's also the same,so we really think that it's the attachment that has problem

Well, pretty sure it is not encrypted but it certainly could be corrupted 

YMMV

it's not an RTF document...or if it is, it's being displayed with the wrong character set. It's not a PDF either, unless it's encrypted. It doesn't appear to be a (modern) Word document either as those are really a ZIP file and it lacks the ZIP header.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, ZhaiandPaulino said:

Does the email include your MNL#  and the beneficiary name?   Then all you need to do is forward that email to your fiancee so she can print out two copies for the medical at SLEC.   No DO NOT need the attachment.

Here is a link to the guide for the visa process in the Philippines ... Once  your CEAC status shows READY it is then ROCK n ROLL time!!!

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Philippines forum   https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Does the email include your MNL#  and the beneficiary name?   Then all you need to do is forward that email to your fiancee so she can print out two copies for the medical at SLEC.   No DO NOT need the attachment.

Here is a link to the guide for the visa process in the Philippines ... Once  your CEAC status shows READY it is then ROCK n ROLL time!!!

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Philippines forum   https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

No the email doesn't show our name and case number,it just say this "The correspondence attached to this email relates to the I-129F visa petition listed in the subject line.  Please read the information in the attachment carefully and follow the instructions" ,it is supposed to be in the attachment

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ZhaiandPaulino said:

No the email doesn't show our name and case number,it just say this "The correspondence attached to this email relates to the I-129F visa petition listed in the subject line.  Please read the information in the attachment carefully and follow the instructions" ,it is supposed to be in the attachment

(I am betting the attachment is the generic BS from NVC that doesn't relate to the K-1 being your case file has already shipped to USEM.

Did you receive a letter in the mail from NVC with your MNL#  yet?   If NO, I suggest you email NVC to request your case file #  ...  this link has info for contacting NVC  (once you have the letter or email forward it to your fiancee as she will need a copy (2 actually) for the medical at St. Luke's

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html   Under the TAB labeled MNL # by email you will find the required info for NVC to reply..    Heck I will list it for you.

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

Subject line:  type in the "USCIS Receipt number from your I-797 Notice of Action (NOA)"

Body of email:   "Requesting case file number"   (plus include below required information)

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:
(You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response):

* USCIS Receipt Number from your NOA-2  (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).
* Petitioner's name and date of birth.
* Beneficiary's name and date of birth.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.