7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all I need help I file to my wife for k1 visa and where waiting for her interview for greencard, while where waiting I was wondering to file I-130 for her kids 3 minors my question is if I file I-130 do I need to pay 3kinds or just one payment and all of them I put on the I-130 form. Please help me and is that okey I file them while where waiting for her greencard? Thank you all 

K1 is for fiancés of citizens. Are you married LPR? .(you posted under family of permanent residents.) You need F2A for her if so. Kids can be derivatives on same i130.
If you are citizen and she is wife, CR1 or ir1, no k1, and kids will need separate.

Or is she actually only fiancée? Then k1 is fine and minor kids can be on there.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

K1 is for fiancés of citizens. Are you married LPR? You need F2A for her if so. Kids can be derivatives on same i130.

My wife here already for k1 visa my mistake is I did not add her kids, yes I’m citizen what is F2A? I thought is I-130 form? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Did you at least list her kids in i129f? If K1 was issued less than a year ago, you may wanna try k2 visas for the kids by contacting the embassy even though they weren’t listed for the interview. The embassy may allow it after some questioning or scrutiny.

If not, separate 130 for each child and separate fees.

If they weren’t listed in i129f, then god knows if you will get hard time by uscis for sudden creation of three kids for i130.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
2 minutes ago, arken said:

Did you at least list her kids in i129f? If K1 was issued less than a year ago, you may wanna try k2 visas for the kids by contacting the embassy even though they weren’t listed for the interview. The embassy may allow it after some questioning or scrutiny.

If not, separate 130 for each child and separate fees.

If they weren’t listed in i129f, then god knows if you will get hard time by uscis for sudden creation of three kids for i130.

Thank you I did not list her kids that’s my mistake coz i don’t know at that time. But I will try to talk to uscis thank for your answer 

47 minutes ago, Jm2003 said:

My wife here already for k1 visa my mistake is I did not add her kids, yes I’m citizen what is F2A? I thought is I-130 form? 

I was confused, it sounded like you were still in the process of filing for her (and you can't file K1 for a wife). So - your wife came over on a K1 originally and is now waiting for a green card? And she left her minor kids behind and you want to bring them? arken has answered best option for that. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I was confused, it sounded like you were still in the process of filing for her (and you can't file K1 for a wife). So - your wife came over on a K1 originally and is now waiting for a green card? And she left her minor kids behind and you want to bring them? arken has answered best option for that. 

Yes she came her for k1 visa while I was fill her application I did not put her kids coz I dunno what to do at that time. Coz still minor and I would like to bring the oldest first coz she’s 13years old now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.