Motongever

What address to use in the I-130 application?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day,

I am asking this question on behalf of my dad. A little bit of background. My dad arrived in the US last October 2019 under IR5 visa petitioned by me, his daughter and I am a USC. My dad has a wife (not my biological mother) and they've been married for 3 years. I couldn't file a petition for her at the same time that I was petitioning for dad as their marriage took place after my 18th birthday. My dad holds a social security card, recently received his greencard, and started a job in January 2020 and now I am trying to help him file a petition for his wife to immigrate in the US.

We started an online application but we are confused as to what address to use for his wife's current address. When dad was living in the Philippines, they lived in a house in Metro Manila but before he left for the US, they flew to Mindanao (southern part of the country) so that she could have the company of her family instead of living alone in Metro Manila (they do not have kids). Now, she currently lives with her parents but she has plans on staying at her sister's place somewhere in Mindanao closer to where she would register for trade school. The IDs that she has though have the Metro Manila address on them. My question is this:

Is it ok to use the Metro Manila address? We have relatives that can receive mails for her while she is in Mindanao and she can gather them up once she goes back to Metro Manila for interview or something else. I am concerned that she won't receive the mails if they are addressed to be delivered in Mindanao as the address that she gave us does not even have a street number. I am also afraid that when she goes for interview that we get in trouble if her IDs and the address that we put down in the application don't match. What is the proper thing to do here?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Timeline

oops this is a duplicate post. I thought my post did not get posted successfully so I refreshed and submitted again. Don't know how to delete this. Sorry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Motongever said:

Good day,

I am asking this question on behalf of my dad. A little bit of background. My dad arrived in the US last October 2019 under IR5 visa petitioned by me, his daughter and I am a USC. My dad has a wife (not my biological mother) and they've been married for 3 years. I couldn't file a petition for her at the same time that I was petitioning for dad as their marriage took place after my 18th birthday. My dad holds a social security card, recently received his greencard, and started a job in January 2020 and now I am trying to help him file a petition for his wife to immigrate in the US.

We started an online application but we are confused as to what address to use for his wife's current address. When dad was living in the Philippines, they lived in a house in Metro Manila but before he left for the US, they flew to Mindanao (southern part of the country) so that she could have the company of her family instead of living alone in Metro Manila (they do not have kids). Now, she currently lives with her parents but she has plans on staying at her sister's place somewhere in Mindanao closer to where she would register for trade school. The IDs that she has though have the Metro Manila address on them. My question is this:

Is it ok to use the Metro Manila address? We have relatives that can receive mails for her while she is in Mindanao and she can gather them up once she goes back to Metro Manila for interview or something else. I am concerned that she won't receive the mails if they are addressed to be delivered in Mindanao as the address that she gave us does not even have a street number. I am also afraid that when she goes for interview that we get in trouble if her IDs and the address that we put down in the application don't match. What is the proper thing to do here?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Nobody will mail her anything 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Nobody will mail her anything 

I see, thank you for the quick response. That is good to hear. Do you know if we should put down the current address (her parent's place) or the address displayed in her IDs? Don't know if it will matter during the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Motongever said:

I see, thank you for the quick response. That is good to hear. Do you know if we should put down the current address (her parent's place) or the address displayed in her IDs? Don't know if it will matter during the interview.

I would put the place she is currently placing her head at night but yourchoice.   Since luzon and mindanao are the same country, it simply doesn't matter.   The only ID she will ever show the consulate is her passport which doesn't have any address 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

I would put the place she is currently placing her head at night but yourchoice.   Since luzon and mindanao are the same country, it simply doesn't matter.   The only ID she will ever show the consulate is her passport which doesn't have any address 

I see, thank you so much!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.