deemabrouk

Egypt AP list....

400 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

READ this story again with more open minds:

"It's addictive," Brown said of the site. (notice its not addicted to GETTING them here, but to VJ. How many of you post here every day? Sometimes more than once?? HOw many times do you check the stats??)

And that can be a problem, Keenan said. Like Brown, she logs onto VisaJourney constantly -- to ask questions, post sale fares to Egypt, buoy others. (Hmmm...nothing here about being co-dependant or obsessed with getting him here) Sometimes it's too much, she said.

"You feel support, but you feel depressed, because you see other people approved," she said. "Sometimes you have to step back." (still nothing leading to codependancy or a feeling of desperation of getting the SO here...but the opposite...come here to be together with YOU all as our SUPPORT system)

Remember, WEndy's story isn't about obsession to get him HERE...Its about using VJ as her support system. HER visa was DENIED originally and they have a HUGE wait ahead. We have NO right to talk for her or about how much she is concerned and misses him.

In no way..did I ever say anything in my posting here about missing our SO's soo much we are obsessed. In the article it doesn't say it or imply it. IT DOES SAY that this SITE...VISA JOURNEY....is an obession..because its where we get our SUPPORT from. Build friendships and find our information that USCIS doesn't always make CLEAR.

When I said one post wasn't nice...I meant it. The comment about those that approved of the article then the statment "DID YOU READ IT?" Makes it sound like those that have different opinion were stupid and formed that opinion on ignorance. Thats not being supportive of each other. It wasn't nice.

I Do want my SO here...I DO think about it alot...I DO come here for support every day. I CAN Function without him here. I DO function without him here.... I DO worry about our noa2 time table and our interview. If you are a guest in the MENA forums...you ahve NO clue what us MENA applicants go through..the AP waiting is horrible...but we CAN and DO function and go on. I never said that wasn't the case...where THAT came from I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO clue. WEndy has the RIGHT to be worried, obsessed and concerned with her petition. She was DENIED. What would YOU do?

How would YOU feel?

I think if we are here to support each other...we MUST understand we have NOT walked in each others shoes. I dont know you...you dont know me. You ahve no clue about my home life..I h ave no clue about yours. Some of us are better equipted to handle these situations than others. Some are more positive then others...some are more obsessed.

WE DO have many common things....we ALL miss our SO. WE ALL want them here. WE ALL have good days and bad days..and WE ALL come here for SUPPORT. WE have to respect each other for a forum like this to work....but I'll defend that article to the end...Wendy deserves that after all she's been through. If you knew her whole story...you'd be more understanding. Just food for thought....

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

"It's addictive," Brown said of the site. (notice its not addicted to GETTING them here, but to VJ. How many of you post here every day? Sometimes more than once?? HOw many times do you check the stats??)

i am not addicted to vj! :innocent: *hunts for can of spray paint to cover up them hearts*

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I can certainly function without my husband. Most times I'm ok with the separation but I gotta tell ya this last leg of the journey is starting to get to me and to him. I can't imagine for him not knowing from one day to the next if you're going to pack up all of your belongings and leave the only country you've ever known. His business is suffering because of it because his clients know he's leaving so they don't want to be so dependent on him, his friends are starting to drift away, etc. etc. It think it's a heck of a lot harder for the one who has to uproot his life, but we don't hear a lot from them on here about the pain of waiting.

Doodlebug I feel for you..You and CairoBound, Cheryl and Medo and others that are waiting ungodly times after the interview are in my prayers by name. Im sure Allah knows who I mean when I say "Doodlebug" for lack of real name. Im handling the wait well..I just dont think the wait is necessary. I think immigration reform is needed. I think those that come after us shouldn't have to go through 6,7, 8 months for an Noa2, then 2 months for interview date, the 6, 8, 10 months in AP. Its appalling.

Timeline

i am not addicted to vj! :innocent: *hunts for can of spray paint to cover up them hearts*

LOL...not addicted??? Dare you to go off it for a week. :whistle: Feel the pull..It calls our names.....charlesandnessaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....charlesandnessssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aa........lets face it..this IS our support...this IS where we come to laugh, cry, gripe, moan, check numbers, see how we compare to where others are in the process. Hmmm...I have a can of spray..we can cover it all we want..but...whats there is there... :whistle:

Filed: Timeline
There are others of us here in intense pain over seperation from our spouses and lengthy delays... I am not sure exactly why lisa is on our board terrorising you but she likes MENA and frankly if she is happy here she is welcome but you should not be bullied off the boards and pushed with one nasty comment after another..

Lisa I really like you and think you are funny but sometimes, especially when you are dealing with another board that is from an area that you have nothing to do with , you should start to see where your posts are going... IF you see someone getting distraught, lay off them.. She is at the point she wants to leave the boards and this is a board for her particular region and you are a visitor. I fail to see how bashing her has helped the boards on MENA. She has tried to do things to bring attention to the immigration plight and the article did not come out like she had hoped but that is not her fault.... I think we should try to care about each other on here because for some of us, this is a huge support. I have survived some god awful things in my life and frankly immigration is up there because its a machine that turns slowly and you can do nothing to make things faster or better no matter how hard you try

kat

Who in the heck is bullying anyone off anywhere :blink: Whoa, now I'm a 'terrorist'...wow that's great.

It's so disappointing to not be able to have a conversation where two parties disagree without someone taking offense. VJ Sheesh.

Does your 'we should care about each other' extend to me as well? Or because I'm a 'visitor' here, it's ok to call me a TERRORIST? Hrm.

Oh, W...I think an apology for calling me a terrorist is the right thing to do. And show me where I bashed her. Money where your mouth is time. You can spew these hateful pejoratives my way...but prove them. How is my opinion concerning this article transferred to AMNA? How is my opinion considered to run anyone anywhere. Here's a clue for you...you'd (GENERAL YOU HERE) have to matter for me to feel so strongly one way or another...and I simply do not care who stays or goes. So how *I* got the blame for the whole 'this is my last post but really it's not' drama is quite frankly, ridiculous.

Edited by LisaD

Timeline
Some might perceive not being all torn up about not having your SO here as just not caring as much, i.e. not as deep of a connection, etc. It's all the way you look at things, and I don't think that trying to humiliate people for missing their SO via calling codependency is what this site is for.

Like I said- that's just me. We're all different and handle separation differently. I personally cannot understand how some people can't function without their SO and I'm sure that others can't understand how I and maybe even others are not in desperation while waiting for our SO's.

My intention was never to humiliate or bash.

Nor really was mine, tbh. So I should apol for sounding harsh, but I'm honestly just giving my POV without malice towards anyone.

Jenn, I am not bashing someone for missing his/her SO. But to say things like 'I'm obsessed...it's all I ever think about'...well that's really all fine and well for each individual person, but when one is speaking as a member of a group, it gives off an impression that everyone's like that.

Which is what I'm taking issue with...I think it paints all of us in that light of 'I cannot function because my partner isn't here'

If someone wants to bash me for implying or outright saying I don't care enough for my fiance...well, I'll just laugh in her face, really. Cos at the end of the day, I don't need to justify my feelings to anyone...so (s)he can think what (s)he wants....

I once saw a guy with no arms paint beautiful pictures with his toes. Hell, if he can function, so can I.

As my dad always says 'no one's shootin at ya!'

Its ok Lisa...but no where does the article even hint that we can't "live without our SO". Wendy is moving after a DENIAL. Thats enough to rattle anyones cage...read my previous post. I dont think the reporter made us look the way you think. Its about our site here...VJ...its about how we are pulled here to find our support..friendships and information.

I never said you dont care about your fiancee. If I did please point out where...if I made you feel taht way I apologize. Lisa, we ALL want our SO here. We ALL miss them terrible. We ALL roll over in bed at night wishing they were there, turn to share something then realize they aren't there, call out from another room and realize they aren't there...we ALL go through it.

If u can cut and paste the part of the article that makes it look like we are desperate or obsessed maybe i can understand better. But the part you are refering to isn't about our SO...its about VJ and how we all are pulled here.

Im open to comments...and difference of opinion..but NOT sarcasm or put downs...it got out of hand. Lets make up and continue...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't leave! I mean it looks like you're sticking around now but pleaseeeeee stay. (F)

Can I function without Ramy here? Sure. But I'll tell you when I first came back from Egypt and started this process that it was damn near impossible to function for a lot more reasons than the fact Ramy wasn't here--mostly I hated my job at the time with a passion so who the hell wants to drag themselves in when they know they could have stayed in Cairo and the damn job would not have been an issue? :whistle:

So I got 2 new jobs and worked myself to death and as the months passed I realized eastern CT isn't so terrible after all...but it really did take getting a new job to get me to realize I can function without him here. There were some rough patches like when my grandmother was in the hospital for a month right at the time he got his visa and I wanted him here NOW...but she got better and I got better.

But it's not easy, I wouldn't say it's easy for anyone.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
There are others of us here in intense pain over seperation from our spouses and lengthy delays... I am not sure exactly why lisa is on our board terrorising you but she likes MENA and frankly if she is happy here she is welcome but you should not be bullied off the boards and pushed with one nasty comment after another..

Lisa I really like you and think you are funny but sometimes, especially when you are dealing with another board that is from an area that you have nothing to do with , you should start to see where your posts are going... IF you see someone getting distraught, lay off them.. She is at the point she wants to leave the boards and this is a board for her particular region and you are a visitor. I fail to see how bashing her has helped the boards on MENA. She has tried to do things to bring attention to the immigration plight and the article did not come out like she had hoped but that is not her fault.... I think we should try to care about each other on here because for some of us, this is a huge support. I have survived some god awful things in my life and frankly immigration is up there because its a machine that turns slowly and you can do nothing to make things faster or better no matter how hard you try

kat

Who in the heck is bullying anyone off anywhere :blink: Whoa, now I'm a 'terrorist'...wow that's great.

It's so disappointing to not be able to have a conversation where two parties disagree without someone taking offense. VJ Sheesh.

Does your 'we should care about each other' extend to me as well? Or because I'm a 'visitor' here, it's ok to call me a TERRORIST? Hrm.

Oh, W...I think an apology for calling me a terrorist is the right thing to do. And show me where I bashed her. Money where your mouth is time. You can spew these hateful pejoratives my way...but prove them. How is my opinion concerning this article transferred to AMNA? How is my opinion considered to run anyone anywhere. Here's a clue for you...you'd (GENERAL YOU HERE) have to matter for me to feel so strongly one way or another...and I simply do not care who stays or goes. So how *I* got the blame for the whole 'this is my last post but really it's not' drama is quite frankly, ridiculous.

she didn't call you a terrorist.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Some might perceive not being all torn up about not having your SO here as just not caring as much, i.e. not as deep of a connection, etc. It's all the way you look at things, and I don't think that trying to humiliate people for missing their SO via calling codependency is what this site is for.

Like I said- that's just me. We're all different and handle separation differently. I personally cannot understand how some people can't function without their SO and I'm sure that others can't understand how I and maybe even others are not in desperation while waiting for our SO's.

Nor really was mine, tbh. So I should apol for sounding harsh, but I'm honestly just giving my POV without malice towards anyone.

Jenn, I am not bashing someone for missing his/her SO. But to say things like 'I'm obsessed...it's all I ever think about'...well that's really all fine and well for each individual person, but when one is speaking as a member of a group, it gives off an impression that everyone's like that.

Which is what I'm taking issue with...I think it paints all of us in that light of 'I cannot function because my partner isn't here'

If someone wants to bash me for implying or outright saying I don't care enough for my fiance...well, I'll just laugh in her face, really. Cos at the end of the day, I don't need to justify my feelings to anyone...so (s)he can think what (s)he wants....

I once saw a guy with no arms paint beautiful pictures with his toes. Hell, if he can function, so can I.

Its ok Lisa...but no where does the article even hint that we can't "live without our SO". Wendy is moving after a DENIAL. Thats enough to rattle anyones cage...read my previous post. I dont think the reporter made us look the way you think. Its about our site here...VJ...its about how we are pulled here to find our support..friendships and information.

I never said you dont care about your fiancee. If I did please point out where...if I made you feel taht way I apologize. Lisa, we ALL want our SO here. We ALL miss them terrible. We ALL roll over in bed at night wishing they were there, turn to share something then realize they aren't there, call out from another room and realize they aren't there...we ALL go through it.

If u can cut and paste the part of the article that makes it look like we are desperate or obsessed maybe i can understand better. But the part you are refering to isn't about our SO...its about VJ and how we all are pulled here.

Im open to comments...and difference of opinion..but NOT sarcasm or put downs...it got out of hand. Lets make up and continue...

I've already explained why *I* inferred that from the article. We look v needy. Words like 'fixated, consumed, et al' and the general tone of the article spoke TO ME of codependent neediness.

And I'm not the only one who felt that way. Now I personally don't care whether anyone agrees with me or not, but I mention it to illustrate the fact that if you think it's just me who 'got it wrong', you're mistaken.

MrsAngel...I have never made one attack on you, so please....if you're thinking of leaving VJ, do it separate from our discussion...because nowhere in ANY of my posts to you does it warrant you laying that at *my* doorstep. Do it or not, it doesn't matter to me...but own the choice yourself, please.

Timeline
Don't leave! I mean it looks like you're sticking around now but pleaseeeeee stay. (F)

Can I function without Ramy here? Sure. But I'll tell you when I first came back from Egypt and started this process that it was damn near impossible to function for a lot more reasons than the fact Ramy wasn't here--mostly I hated my job at the time with a passion so who the hell wants to drag themselves in when they know they could have stayed in Cairo and the damn job would not have been an issue? :whistle:

So I got 2 new jobs and worked myself to death and as the months passed I realized eastern CT isn't so terrible after all...but it really did take getting a new job to get me to realize I can function without him here. There were some rough patches like when my grandmother was in the hospital for a month right at the time he got his visa and I wanted him here NOW...but she got better and I got better.

But it's not easy, I wouldn't say it's easy for anyone.

Oh heck..Im not going anywhere..who am i kidding??? You guys are my support. I know what you mean. Its not that we can't function...we all miss them in different ways at different times. Im glad your jobs worked out and I think when we go through hard times..its at THAT moment we REALLY want them here. We want THEM to be our support physically..not from 6000 miles away. So I understand that. Yeah...I've thought lots about wanting to stay in Egypt..but thats not an option for me. No one else will take my parents to care for them and I personally dont want them in nursing home. Unfortunately I dont have the option to go change my parents in for healthy ones...so this issue will continue. Both will forget who I am, and not be able to feed, bath, change themselves if Allah doesn't take them first. Im grateful for my time with them, and consider it my honor to do this for them. But its an undaunting task and there are days im exhausted. (I work 7 NIGHTS a week to be sure Im home at day for them and doctors)

But written words can be misinterpreted soo easily...main thing is we are here..stick together..and give that support to each other. We each have issues in our lives...each has an interest in getting their SO here and each one interprets things differently...

I just hope we can remember to have respect..and in the future I'll be sure to ASK the meaning of words instead of ASSUMING what was meant.

I am not sure exactly why lisa is on our board terrorising you

Oh, W...I think an apology for calling me a terrorist is the right thing to do.

she didn't call you a terrorist.

We're not going down pedantic lane right now, are we C?

Timeline

I've already explained why *I* inferred that from the article. We look v needy. Words like 'fixated, consumed, et al' and the general tone of the article spoke TO ME of codependent neediness.

And I'm not the only one who felt that way. Now I personally don't care whether anyone agrees with me or not, but I mention it to illustrate the fact that if you think it's just me who 'got it wrong', you're mistaken.

MrsAngel...I have never made one attack on you, so please....if you're thinking of leaving VJ, do it separate from our discussion...because nowhere in ANY of my posts to you does it warrant you laying that at *my* doorstep. Do it or not, it doesn't matter to me...but own the choice yourself, please.

I apologize Lisa...lets drop it and move on...

Lets all drop it...we are entitled to our opinions...lets just continue to share and support...

Timeline
I apologize Lisa...lets drop it and move on...

Lets all drop it...we are entitled to our opinions...lets just continue to share and support...

TYVM!

You are welcome...

Your SO is from United Kingdom??? England? Ireland part?? I"ve always wanted to visit there..never have. What areas would you recommend?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.