RUJEN

St Lukes quick question

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

My estimates NOA2 isn't until late April now,  but I am curious how soon my Fiancee can go to St Lukes?

I am asking in case she gets the TB test and from what I hear can takes 8 weeks to get through that.

Thanks

Rujen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, RUJEN said:

Hi All,

My estimates NOA2 isn't until late April now,  but I am curious how soon my Fiancee can go to St Lukes?

I am asking in case she gets the TB test and from what I hear can takes 8 weeks to get through that.

Thanks

Rujen

Not until she has documented proof of her MNL# as issued by NVC 

YMMV

37 minutes ago, RUJEN said:

Thank you, that is what I needed to know

It can take that long for a TB test only if they find something during the initial XRay. So hope and pray that they don't find anything. Where is your fiance from if you don't mind me asking?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It can take that long for a TB test only if they find something during the initial XRay. So hope and pray that they don't find anything. Where is your fiance from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the info, and she is from Leyte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, RUJEN said:

Thanks for the info, and she is from Leyte

My fiance is from Biliran, so we drove through part of Leyte to get there. Any place you would recommend for us to stop by on our next visit? We had fun in Samar at the Sohoton cave and on the way back had dinner at a mountaintop villa.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, RUJEN said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Rujen

The validity of the visa will be tied to the date of the medical, so you don't want to do the medical too early.    PLUS .. St. Luke's will want a copy of your NVC letter/email ... so for now .. be patient.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

St. Luke's was for us the most difficult part of this journey without a doubt.  My Fiance just completed the process this week and we are now scheduled for the  Embassy interview .   I can offer some advise based on what i experienced, don't  buy tickets or for that matter do any travel planning until you get St. Luke's in your rear view mirror.   My fiance got picked at random for the sputum test and for three days she went back and forth to St. Luke's.  The results of the sputum was negative but she still had to complete the 8 week culture protocol.  This was done after they told her not to worry she was negative.   Had to cancel the interview,  i had tickets already so I lost a bunch of money.  Travel Insurance purchased over the internet is not always dependable.  St. Luke's can, and does stop the visa process without any  recourse. I hope the very best for you, but if you follow the comments of others they will verify what I have said about the St. Luke's experience.  

Timeline

That is RULE #1 !     No matter what !!     Do NOT arrange travel until visa is in hand.

... the visa interview process can cause major delays also.    And let's not forget CFO .. which is why I push to get that done ASAP, as in before the visa interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
19 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

My fiance is from Biliran, so we drove through part of Leyte to get there. Any place you would recommend for us to stop by on our next visit? We had fun in Samar at the Sohoton cave and on the way back had dinner at a mountaintop villa.

I really can't recommend anything on Leyte, She lives outside Baybay city, and the time we spent there was with her family, we did go to Taclobon because I wanted to see MacArthur Park. We spent most of our time In Cebu city and Bohol

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

That is RULE #1 !     No matter what !!     Do NOT arrange travel until visa is in hand.

... the visa interview process can cause major delays also.    And let's not forget CFO .. which is why I push to get that done ASAP, as in before the visa interview.

Hank, would it be too early to get the CFO now or do we need the NVC Letter to go with it? I am just trying to be proactive and get as much done ahead of time

8 hours ago, PWB said:

St. Luke's was for us the most difficult part of this journey without a doubt.  My Fiance just completed the process this week and we are now scheduled for the  Embassy interview .   I can offer some advise based on what i experienced, don't  buy tickets or for that matter do any travel planning until you get St. Luke's in your rear view mirror.   My fiance got picked at random for the sputum test and for three days she went back and forth to St. Luke's.  The results of the sputum was negative but she still had to complete the 8 week culture protocol.  This was done after they told her not to worry she was negative.   Had to cancel the interview,  i had tickets already so I lost a bunch of money.  Travel Insurance purchased over the internet is not always dependable.  St. Luke's can, and does stop the visa process without any  recourse. I hope the very best for you, but if you follow the comments of others they will verify what I have said about the St. Luke's experience.  

I am sorry to hear about that, I have heard some horror stories about that place

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, RUJEN said:

Hank, would it be too early to get the CFO now or do we need the NVC Letter to go with it? I am just trying to be proactive and get as much done ahead of time

Never to early,  you need nothing from NVC 

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, RUJEN said:

I am sorry to hear about that, I have heard some horror stories about that place

No issue completing CFO early.

Here is some info https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.