Trumplestiltskin

Louisiana Mayor outlaws "low slung trousers"

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't look down on people with tattoos; I just don't get why they do it. I personally would never get one.

I'm not opposed to it - I would get one if I could find something I wanted - with a unique design, and which actually mean't something to me. I do think a lot of people get them for no real reason, and are happy enough having something that everyone else has.

There seems to be a trend in the east coast of people getting tats showing their name in squiggly signature format on their arms (wonder if anyone else has noticed this). That and the whole Bluetooth trend I don't get. Bluetooth is a useful tool for drivers and people who work active outdoor jobs, but it seems to have become the fashion accessory choice for the low-class.

My own father tattooed his girlfriend's name on his upper arm way back in the 1960s; he still has the tat and regrets it every day but has never had it removed. Maybe for his 65th birthday my brother and I will buy him laser removal surgery! :lol: I think my father's experience with tattoos heavily influenced my decision NOT to get one.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks the Louisiana mayor needs to find an actual social concern.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my hubby has been wanting a tattoo for a long time but he wanted something that meant something..... he finally got a tattoo last October....

hubbystattoo.jpg

it was taken from this picture.. when hubby saw it, he knew that is what he wanted for a tattoo...

jesus_holding_a_baby_beautiful-1.jpg

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I don't understand tatoos! What's up with them? I oppose tatoos. Art? Peer Pressure? Well, if I don't understand them there's no need for me to get one.

And, just when we were all thinking of having "Consolemaster" tattooed across our bodies! The masses speak! :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't understand tatoos! What's up with them? I oppose tatoos. Art? Peer Pressure? Well, if I don't understand them there's no need for me to get one.

That's weird. You oppose them because you don't understand them.

Timeline

It's Consolemaster! He walks amongst us...but he is of another world! :P

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Maybe he just doesn't want one. I don't understand why anyone would get one either. Does that make me a bad person? Nah, it just makes me an un-tattooed one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

his vulcan logic can't comprehend it.. lol

In Mexico tattoos are not that well accepted, they associated with crime mostly.. and for a decent job, if u have a slightly visible tattoo, they won't hire you at all.. we had a bet going on lol.. if we had a baby boy, my wife was gonna get a tattoo of the boys name.. if it's a girl, then me.. but it's a boy!! so I won't have to do it.. my mom was kinda bothered by it... but.. well, she'll be fine now that I won't get one lol

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

In Mexico tattoos are not that well accepted, they associated with crime mostly.. and for a decent job, if u have a slightly visible tattoo, they won't hire you at all.. we had a bet going on lol.. if we had a baby boy, my wife was gonna get a tattoo of the boys name.. if it's a girl, then me.. but it's a boy!! so I won't have to do it.. my mom was kinda bothered by it... but.. well, she'll be fine now that I won't get one lol

Get one that says "MOM" and she'll be happy if you get one :D

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Get one that says "MOM" and she'll be happy if you get one :D

:lol:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe he just doesn't want one. I don't understand why anyone would get one either. Does that make me a bad person? Nah, it just makes me an un-tattooed one.

I'd get one, if I found a design that I liked which was fairly unique. Other than that - I'm really indifferent to it.

I mean we're not talking facial or neck tattoos - which generally lend a person the appearance of a thug.

I'd get one, if I found a design that I liked which was fairly unique. Other than that - I'm really indifferent to it.

I mean we're not talking facial or neck tattoos - which generally lend a person the appearance of a thug.

LOL, let's not be judgemental now. :lol: :lol: :lol: