Trumplestiltskin

Louisiana Mayor outlaws "low slung trousers"

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

some of course do, if I go on a job interview in Brazil I'll do the same as I do here, I won't show off my tattoos, it's just a common sense thing, you have to cause a perfect first impression and you never know who's gonna be judgemental and who's not. I've had more people labeling and judging me here (and I'm here for only 8 months) than I've had in Brazil having my tattoos for 11 years.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
some of course do, if I go on a job interview in Brazil I'll do the same as I do here, I won't show off my tattoos, it's just a common sense thing, you have to cause a perfect first impression and you never know who's gonna be judgemental and who's not. I've had more people labeling and judging me here (and I'm here for only 8 months) than I've had in Brazil having my tattoos for 11 years.

Of course! Don't you know that those who judge and label you, know virtually nothing about you. But they think they know everything about you? :rolleyes:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well its hard to judge someone based on personal appearance via a faceless internet forum - what we're talking about here are general fashion trends, which I think is fair game.

As far as real-life goes a fair amount of judmentalism goes on - but generally behind closed doors IMO. In NYC - I've seen people swearing at each other on the street with the most profane language. As far as personal appearance goes I can't say I've ever seen someone turn on someone and say "your clothes/hair/tattoos etc" are stupid. I've seen several very bad male transvestites walking around in bad drag. It raises eyebrows, but noone seems concerned enough to tell the person what they think. Though you can generally tell the tourists apart from the city residents - as I said there's a tendency for British men and women to wear clothes that they blatantly can't get away with, that accentuate (in the worst way) the amount of time they spend in the pub, rather than the gym.

As far as my experience goes I've never found myself (in CA, or NY/NJ) being attacked for my personal appearance. However, based on a few forum postings here I've variously been labelled a "turncoat", "traitor", "terrorist-sympathiser", "Unamerican" and many more to boot. Go figure.

Edited by erekose

Timeline
Of course! Don't you know that those who judge and label you, know virtually nothing about you. But they think they know everything about you? :rolleyes:

:P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think one of the worst fashion statements is when guys wear socks with sandals and/or they wear their socks pulled up all the way to their knees when wearing shorts :blink:

SS1.jpg

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Well its hard to judge someone based on personal appearance via a faceless internet forum - what we're talking about here are general fashion trends, which I think is fair game.

As far as real-life goes a fair amount of judmentalism goes on - but generally behind closed doors IMO. In NYC - I've seen people swearing at each other on the street with the most profane language. As far as personal appearance goes I can't say I've ever seen someone turn on someone and say "your clothes/hair/tattoos etc" are stupid. I've seen several very bad male transvestites walking around in bad drag. It raises eyebrows, but noone seems concerned enough to tell the person what they think. Though you can generally tell the tourists apart from the city residents - as I said there's a tendency for British men and women to wear clothes that they blatantly can't get away with, that accentuate (in the worst way) the amount of time they spend in the pub, rather than the gym.

As far as my experience goes I've never found myself (in CA, or NY/NJ) being attacked for my personal appearance. However, based on a few forum postings here I've variously been labelled a "turncoat", "traitor", "terrorist-sympathiser", "Unamerican" and many more to boot. Go figure.

Would you seriously want to tell a male transvestite they look horrible in their drag? They'd probably rip off their detachable ####### and try to bat you in the eye with it! :lol:

I think one of the worst fashion statements is when guys wear socks with sandals and/or they wear their socks pulled up all the way to their knees when wearing shorts :blink:

SS1.jpg

It looks great when very old men do it. The socks go beyond the knee and become leg warmers ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Would you seriously want to tell a male transvestite they look horrible in their drag? They'd probably rip off their detachable ####### and try to bat you in the eye with it! :lol:

One guy I saw was walking around on 7th Avenue wearing a full length dress and wig, exactly like a pantomime costume and was pushing a baby carriage with a dog in it. Needless to say - it was very strange.

I did see one guy not so long ago wearing a silver nylon shell-suit covered with a pattern of embossed dollar bills. I think I'd rather be wearing the dress that go around looking like that ;)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

SS1.jpg

It looks great when very old men do it. The socks go beyond the knee and become leg warmers ;)

my hubby always wore his socks up to his knees when wearing shorts and he wore socks with sandals .... thankfully he doesn't do that anymore :whistle:;)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
One guy I saw was walking around on 7th Avenue wearing a full length dress and wig, exactly like a pantomime costume and was pushing a baby carriage with a dog in it. Needless to say - it was very strange.

I did see one guy not so long ago wearing a silver nylon shell-suit covered with a pattern of embossed dollar bills. I think I'd rather be wearing the dress that go around looking like that ;)

I've got to take a trip to the Village and NYC altogether sometime. We have a few that are "different" here in California. Mainly, in Los Angeles and a few in San Francisco. But I've always heard there's nothing like the people in NY. ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Timeline
Not everyone can pull off a tattoo - esp a visible one (especially with the aid of low-rise jeans). Tattoos are generally not a good idea on overweight people - in the event you lose or gain a lot of weight, the design can get all distorted.

I guess I see the same things on so many people that it looks "common" to me - esp the tramp stamp. Not so much the placing - but the same old designs over and over - they might as well get themselves tattooed with a barcode, it would be more of a statement IMO.

The whole point of body art, like certain fashions is to stand out and express individual identity. Not sure I see the problem with being judgmental about it - as most people are often equally judgmental about people's hair and choice of clothes.

I don't look down on people with tattoos; I just don't get why they do it. I personally would never get one.

I find it hard to believe that Brazilians don't, to some extent, judge others on personal appearance and modes of fashion. Its human nature.

Everything I've read about South Americans in general and Brazilians in particular tells me that they DO care deeply about personal appearances. Some of the biggest spenders on plastic surgery are in Brazil. :whistle:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline
I find it hard to believe that Brazilians don't, to some extent, judge others on personal appearance and modes of fashion. Its human nature.

Everything I've read about South Americans in general and Brazilians in particular tells me that they DO care deeply about personal appearances. Some of the biggest spenders on plastic surgery are in Brazil. :whistle:

they're all hot anyways :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Blame it on McDonald's! Once a McDonald's makes it way into another country, it's for sure to be the decline of a civilization! All the other foreign ideals are sure to follow it's way into that country! :wacko:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline
Some of the biggest spenders on plastic surgery are in Brazil. :whistle:

If you count that Brazil is a huge country (get rid of Alaska and we're bigger than the United States), I'm not surprised the ammount of people who has had plastic surgery. :P

Edited by nessaandcharles

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I didn't bother reading the original post. Seeing erekese is very succinct with titles, I'll post something.

Hmm...I'm sick of these slung pants trend. Disgusting habit. However, it's their right to wear what they want. We can't control what people wear in public. One thing I know for sure is that you must wear clothes at all times to avoid indecent exposure.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline
. One thing I know for sure is that you must wear clothes at all times to avoid indecent exposure.

you must? I don't remember getting the memo :lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline