Trumplestiltskin

Louisiana Mayor outlaws "low slung trousers"

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I bet there'd be follow-up legislation to fine people for wearing clothes in a way that highlights the "natural" curves of the human body. Pretty soon women would only be able to wear house-dresses and the men would have to wear trousers that can't show more than a 1/2" of ankle and which go all the way up to the waist. Everyone would be shopping at thrift stores for old-man clothes.

It works for all those old Italian guys on The Sopranos :D

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
i have seen some saggy trousers that don't even cover the butt. and they wear the belt right under their butt too... or right across it... :blink:.. and they have their boxers completely showing :blink:

one of our nephews dresses like that.. I think it looks really strange :blink:

0817liv_fish2.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I think the worst dress style is "emo"

They wear skin tight clothes, dyed black hair, and mope around the mall, all depressed. They need a slap to the face.

amen to that brother

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think the worst dress style is "emo"

They wear skin tight clothes, dyed black hair, and mope around the mall, all depressed. They need a slap to the face.

yeah that was going on when I left Brazil, kids hanging out at malls gothic style. It's a kid's thing, everybody go through a weird phase.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dear god, is that trend still around? I thought it had already gone out of style.

Me too. :( My 15 yr. old boy wears his pants this way and it's almost comical, but I know he's just going with the norm.

There's also the emo pants - where guys where women's hip hugger jeans. Crazy kids

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Me too. :( My 15 yr. old boy wears his pants this way and it's almost comical, but I know he's just going with the norm.

I don't get that style - its kind of like Chav fashions in Britain. To me - it looks to me like the person just rushed out of the toilet. All that's missing is a length of toilet paper stuck to their shoe.

In England having a tribal design tatto on your lower back is SO chav.

Many a Saturday night here in I've seen disgusting, fat female chavs with their flab rolls falling out everywhere bending over to puke and exposing their butt cracks. NOT nice. Perhaps the Louisiana law makers would consider enacting an ordinance here, too?

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Timeline

I've actually seen a fair few English tourists like that in NYC - and to be fair its not just the women but guys too. All seem to be well into their 30's and apparently believe that they can still get away with the same fashions they wore in their teens and 20's.

In England having a tribal design tatto on your lower back is SO chav.

I can't understand the point of those tribal tattoos - its not like the person has any tribal affiliations to make it actually have meaning for them. Can't understand why people get tattoos that have no symbolic meaning for themselves.

Mullets should be banned - an affliction which seems to be particularly acute in the South ;)

i had one..damn, i was dashing.....called a shag by us college students :whistle:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
i have seen some saggy trousers that don't even cover the butt. and they wear the belt right under their butt too... or right across it... :blink:.. and they have their boxers completely showing :blink:

one of our nephews dresses like that.. I think it looks really strange :blink:

0817liv_fish2.jpg

Do these kids have parents?? :blink: There's no way my parents would have let me out of the house looking like that!

Dear god, is that trend still around? I thought it had already gone out of style.

That clothing style always makes me wonder if the wearer has "filled their pants." :dead:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I can't understand the point of those tribal tattoos - its not like the person has any tribal affiliations to make it actually have meaning for them. Can't understand why people get tattoos that have no symbolic meaning for themselves.

All my tattoos doesn't have anything to do with my culture, actually they have nothing to do with each other. Some people (that know sh!t about tatoos) think it's weird the mix - tribal, hindu, japanese. But it's a body art and I know their meaning, I chose them because they have a meaning for me, they represent a time of my life, and they're unique.

So what you sugest when a person decide to have a tattoo is to have those hearts with ''I love whomever'', because that would definitely be a tattoo that has a meaning in the life of the person that decided to get it. Or hey, maybe americans should only tattooed US flags.

You don't have to have any affiliation, because if you think about it, lots of tattoos don't have an specific meaning in people's life, it's a body art, it's something that makes the person unique. Like a dragon - very common tattoo, do people have dragons as pets so they decide to make that tattoo? A star, the sun, the moon, do they have a meaning? What would it be exactly?? That they know the moon exist? Or maybe they must worship the sun?

I get really sick of all the judging and criticism.

Edited by nessaandcharles

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
That clothing style always makes me wonder if the wearer has "filled their pants." :dead:

That was the sign when someone took a dump in their drawers...the droopy underwear never lied! :help:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Timeline

All my tattoos doesn't have anything to do with my culture, actually they have nothing to do with each other. Some people (that know sh!t about tatoos) think it's weird the mix - tribal, hindu, japanese. But it's a body art and I know their meaning, I chose them because they have a meaning for me, they represent a time of my life, and they're unique.

So what you sugest when a person decide to have a tattoo is to have those hearts with ''I love whomever'', because that would definitely be a tattoo that has a meaning in the life of the person that decided to get it. Or hey, maybe americans should only tattooed US flags.

You don't have to have any affiliation, because if you think about it, lots of tattoos don't have an specific meaning in people's life, it's a body art, it's something that makes the person unique. Like a dragon - very common tattoo, do people have dragons as pets so they decide to make that tattoo? A star, the sun, the moon, do they have a meaning? What would it be exactly?? That they know the moon exist? Or maybe they must worship the sun?

I get really sick of all the judging and criticism.

I would actually get a tattoo but I find a lot of that tribal stuff cliche. Don't see the point in having something everyone else has.

There's also the possibility that this could happen...

metro-tattoo-story.jpg