Trumplestiltskin

Louisiana Mayor outlaws "low slung trousers"

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Something for the list of stupid laws perhaps?

US town set to ban saggy trousers

A mayor in the US state of Louisiana says he will sign into law a proposal to make wearing saggy trousers an act of indecent exposure.

Delcambre town council unanimously passed the ordinance earlier this week making it a crime to wear trousers that show underwear.

"If you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine" of US$500 (£254) Mayor Carol Broussard said.

Offenders will also risk up to six months in jail.

Fashionable

Speaking of people who wear saggy trousers, Mr Broussard told the Associated Press news agency: "They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

Town attorney Ted Ayo said the ordinance expands on the existing state indecent exposure law by adding underwear to the list of forbidden exposures.

"This is a new ordinance that deals specifically with sagging pants," Mr Ayo said. "It's about showing off your underwear in public."

Some residents say the ordinance targets blacks, as low-slung trousers are fashionable among hip hop fans.

Mr Broussard denied it was racially motivated.

"White people wear sagging pants, too," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6751777.stm

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sheesh! Definitely add this one to the book! I never could understand why kids wear the saggy pants like that. I see young kids to teenagers, and, yes, some adults who wear their pants like that. I thought it looked ridiculous when I first saw it and still think so. I really don't care to see their underwear. And, for those who aren't plumbers, if your butt crack is exposed, maybe you ought to think about wearing a belt. ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sheesh! Definitely add this one to the book! I never could understand why kids wear the saggy pants like that. I see young kids to teenagers, and, yes, some adults who wear their pants like that. I thought it looked ridiculous when I first saw it and still think so. I really don't care to see their underwear. And, for those who aren't plumbers, if your butt crack is exposed, maybe you ought to think about wearing a belt. ;)

about all this style says to me is "i'm too broke to buy a belt" :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

about all this style says to me is "i'm too broke to buy a belt" :lol:

I used to know this family where I lived. They were true hillbillies from the Ozarks! They did just like the Clampett's did on "Beverly Hillbillies". They used rope as a belt! They didn't care what anyone thought. :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

Dear god, is that trend still around? I thought it had already gone out of style. Pretty sad when they have to make a law telling you not to do something stupid.

Does this include girls wearing lo rise jeans and still wearing their thongs at the usual height? man I hate that.

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear god, is that trend still around? I thought it had already gone out of style. Pretty sad when they have to make a law telling you not to do something stupid.

Does this include girls wearing lo rise jeans and still wearing their thongs at the usual height? man I hate that.

Me too!!!! :thumbs:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

:lol: The jeans aren't short enough unless the can pull up the straps over their shoulders like trouser braces.

Timeline

not if they are hot ;):P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

It's still very much around where I live in California. And the girls wearing the lo-rise jeans. I'll be honest and tell ya that a lot of the younger girls and ladies I see here shouldn't be wearing those. The waist size is too small!

logo_200.jpg

You can see why we call them "muffin tops". ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

:huh::unsure::angry::bonk:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Busted! From now on, make him wear a belt Nessa! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

:innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *