elkski

K1 visa Thailand. I 129 F questions.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well I now wished I had sent in my I 129F last fall.  I guess I felt like it was a daunting task and I had a big work project going.

Its really not that bad but it is confusing. I'm sure this is a common feeling once one finds out it can take 10 months. 

Things I am including on my 129 and G 1145

1--  cover page telling the story of how we met and all the things we have done on our 7 trips together

With passport photo's with our names and date of photo printed on the back of each and both put inside separate plaxtic bags with additional name tags inside bags 

2---table of contents Page

A letters of intent

B  I 129 F form

C Birth certificate and color copies of passport identification page and all visa  stamped pages.

D   Divorce decree 

E  15-20 Photo's of us together over the past 2 years put in plastic photo holders

F  Flight confirmations or receipts and boarding passes if have and agoda and AirBnB confirmations and credit card payment receipts  for each trip 

2---- letters of intent

3----  I 129 F form

4---  Birth certificate and color copies of passport identification page and all visa  stamped pages.

5 --- Divorce decree 

6----15-20 Photo's of us together over the past 2 years put in plastic photo holders

7----  Flight confirmations or receipts and boarding passes if have and agoda and AirBnB confirmations and credit card payment receipts  for each trip 

What did I miss?

I don't think I need to include and chat logs from our communication app Line becasue I think 6 trips in 2 years is enough. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Payment for USCIS fee? any criminal history?

Goes without saying, but you should also check the checklist to make sure you're also complete with things we may not catch. 

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Timeline

yes I will include personal check for  535$..   no criminal history on my side... she says she is a good girl.. . 

No name changes.

I do have question about using alias names.  I always used same last name but sometimes  I used a nickname. sometimes  a middle name, sometimes middle initial,  sometimes no middle name.   how do I account for all of these  6 possibilities? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok I think I am complete but have a few questions

I have the G-1145

cover letter  signed and dated by me. it will include check for 525$  to I use paperclip to top page? 

Dated and printed named on back of  Passport photo's in separate bags- do I paperclip to top page? 

Completed and signed and dated I129

Including 2 pages of Part 8 additional info--- do these need signed or initialed? Page numbers since 2?

Copy of petitioners Birth cert and color passport copies of info page and all visa stamp pages

2 letters signed and dated of intent to marry.

6 pages of color photocopies of pictures together

59 pages, some color, of Airline receipts, boarding passes, Airbnb and Agoda and other receipts for the 6 trips I have taken to Thailand since we met.  

Do I number all pages?

I plan to go to copy center and make two copies. 1 to send in now, and one to  take or send to Beneficiary for her interview . 

Oh No jail records or criminal history needed in my case, HAHA

Edited by elkski
criminal and extra copies

Timeline

I will also include a copy of divorce decree. 

I forgot one question?

I don't have an A number. I have never tried to get a visa before . Do I need one?

Edited by elkski

Timeline

I also have a question about address history.   while I maintained one residence the last 5 years, I did setup an apartment for a short period of time to work in North Dakota  4 years ago and filed a tax return there. do I include this?

Im thinking yes this is a stupid question.

Timeline

I just was checking and there are newer forms than the one I used so its a redo.  plus applications after Feb 24 require extra work to prove beneficiary wont be a public charge.

ITs back to square 1. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.