mirchi

N 400 February 2020 Filers

763 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Hi All - husband has his interview on Monday (pending the snow doesn't cancel it!!) and I want to go over the documents we've uploaded and what he will/should bring- any help is greatly appreciated! Applied based on 3 year marriage. 

We uploaded- marriage certificate, US citizen birth certificate/passport, tax transcripts from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, US citizen 403b that shows LPR is beneficiary, US citizen and LPR drivers license showing same address, 2 bank statements per year from 2016-2019, copy of greencard and uploaded daughters birth certificate in December. 

In addition to the above- he will bring updated bank account statements, selective service letter that shows he did not have to register, NOA1 and biometrics letter, old greencard and EAD card along with current passport and greencard. (We can not find his old passport that had the visa) HOWEVER- I can not find US citizen original birth certificate so he will only have a copy but will have US citizens passport. He will have daughters original birth certificate and I am hoping I can find our original marriage certificate. 

We will write out his dates of travel since applying as well (10 days out of the country).

We have not filed taxes yet this year- should he have his W2s for 2020? Anything we are missing? Anything not needed? Thank you all!

I brought a whole pile of documents with me to the interview but didn’t have to show any, except my green card. It doesn’t hurt though to have with you just in case! Although I have read that many of us didn’t have to show documents. It sounds as if you have everything pretty much under control. Good luck on Monday!! 

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

20 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Hi All - husband has his interview on Monday (pending the snow doesn't cancel it!!) and I want to go over the documents we've uploaded and what he will/should bring- any help is greatly appreciated! Applied based on 3 year marriage. 

We uploaded- marriage certificate, US citizen birth certificate/passport, tax transcripts from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, US citizen 403b that shows LPR is beneficiary, US citizen and LPR drivers license showing same address, 2 bank statements per year from 2016-2019, copy of greencard and uploaded daughters birth certificate in December. 

In addition to the above- he will bring updated bank account statements, selective service letter that shows he did not have to register, NOA1 and biometrics letter, old greencard and EAD card along with current passport and greencard. (We can not find his old passport that had the visa) HOWEVER- I can not find US citizen original birth certificate so he will only have a copy but will have US citizens passport. He will have daughters original birth certificate and I am hoping I can find our original marriage certificate. 

We will write out his dates of travel since applying as well (10 days out of the country).

We have not filed taxes yet this year- should he have his W2s for 2020? Anything we are missing? Anything not needed? Thank you all!

Great to see you are close to the end.

Based on everything I have read on the forum and elsewhere, you seem to have everything. I just read someone who had their interview (it was a combo i-751) and said that they were asked about 2020 W2s. If you have it, then just bring that just in case. It really depends on the officer you get. You wouldn't want to get one who would ask for that, not have it and be issued an RFE and the note saying you passed the test but "a decision cannot be made at this time" which would delay things. If you already have your 2020 W2s bring them. If you don't have it yet then you can explain why IF ASKED. Better be safe than sorry. Bring everything. 

As Soley said, I brought a bunch of stuff with me in a folder, even what I had already included during the application and then what I had uploaded during the wait, but he only took my GC and my Old passport (to check see the name and also go through what stamps/dates I had in there). Bring everything, but DO NOT volunteer anything. Only give him/her what they actually ask you for. Don't throw a pile of documents at the interviewer as soon as you walk in. Let him/her ask, then submit what they ask for. If you submit more than asked, they may want to review it before they take a decision. Plus the less paperwork the better. Less questions.

Edited by ThaOne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Husband passed his interview today! Oath will be at 2pm today- I can’t believe this journey is about to be over! I will update later today with his experience 🙂 going to find some lunch first!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/8/2021 at 9:08 AM, Luckycuds said:

Husband passed his interview today! Oath will be at 2pm today- I can’t believe this journey is about to be over! I will update later today with his experience 🙂 going to find some lunch first!

Congratulations!

Timeline
On 2/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, Luckycuds said:

Congrats. And same day oath too, lucky you. Hope you celebrated well!

On 2/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, Luckycuds said:

LOL. Congratulations! Very nice. And the same day oath is the cherry on top. We are pretty much exactly on the same start and end dates, although the inbetween is slightly different.

-I applied January 31st, 2020 at 11PM (but got the receipt notification February 3rd so I consider myself a February filer)

- Biometrics February 20, 2020

- Interview January 7th, 2021

- Oath coming up in a few days February 2021.

Didn't get the same day oath, or I would have been done a month ago, but I can't complain. The important is to get to the end.

Enjoy.

Timeline

I posted in the main forum but wanted to update this group as well- was very lucky to have a same day oath ceremony Monday!

Applied based on 3 years marriage (didn’t apply right at 3 year mark). Interview was for 10:45 and he was called back about 20 minutes later. He was given an oath to tell the truth and the officer started asking the test questions. He had to say something like “We are required to pay taxes” and read an easy sentence. He couldn’t remember question #6 but they were-

1. Where is the Statue of Liberty located

2. What is one role of the federal government 

3. Why are there 13 stripes on the flag

4. What is one right given only to American citizens

5. Who is the Vice President

He said this took about 2 minutes then they went to the “No” questions. He was asked how we met, if we have any children and to provide the birth certificate (she was born in November) , when did we move to our new house - he didn’t know the exact date so she asked him to provide an estimate. Asked where he last went to school and the date- again he didn’t know an exact date and she said to give an estimate. Other than our daughters birth certificate she only asked for his green card and passport. He was done about 20-25 minutes later and she said they had a 2pm ceremony today and asked if he wanted to partake in it. There were 16 people at the ceremony. I was able to stay and I saw 2 other people that had a guest with them as well. Overall it went well and we are so glad his journey is over.  Will have to apply for his passport along with our daughter once we can figure out how to get a decent headshot of a newborn... 😂

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline

Just finished my interview this morning. Officer was quite friendly and chatted for a few minutes before starting the interview.

My six questions were:

1. What does the Constitution do?

2. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

3. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?

4. What is the capital of Texas (my state)?

5. What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens?

6. What is the highest court in the United States?

Reading Test: Who can Vote?

Writing Test: Citizens can vote.

I didn't upload our tax transcripts, only GC, Marriage Certificate and Kids Birth Certificates.

I took a big file of all sorts of documents with me to the interview, but the officer didn't ask for any of them.

At the end of it, said I passed the eligibility criteria and that I would receive the oath notice in the next 2 or 3 weeks, gave me the Form N-652 and let me out. Total about 15 mins.

Just one last step to go. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Will have to apply for his passport along with our daughter once we can figure out how to get a decent headshot of a newborn... 😂

What worked for me with my daughter was to put a white sheet in the car seat capsule.  This was to get the required white background and support her head.  Then while I took the picture my wife was over my shoulder making funny faces so my daughter would be looking close to straight ahead and eyes open.  It was accepted without comment by the USPS passport people, and by all immigration officers in our travels.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, NotMoreForms said:

What worked for me with my daughter was to put a white sheet in the car seat capsule.  This was to get the required white background and support her head.  Then while I took the picture my wife was over my shoulder making funny faces so my daughter would be looking close to straight ahead and eyes open.  It was accepted without comment by the USPS passport people, and by all immigration officers in our travels.

I think we will try that thank you! She loves to sit in the carrier so that may work (laying her down she just wiggles about lol)

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline
On 1/30/2021 at 9:48 AM, radarada said:

Hi everyone!

I had my 5 year interview at the Chicago office on 01/28, unfortunately the officer told me it's looking like it will be **months** before I'm even scheduled for an oath ceremony; now I understand why my estimated completion time says August 2021... However, immediately after the interview my status online changed to "placed in line." Fingers crossed! 

Did you get any update about oath? 

San Jose, CA timeline

February 12, 2021 Interview Was Scheduled
January 22, 2021 I sent out documentation to support my Expedite Request to the Field Office 
November 30, 2020 CA Senator asked about the schedule at USCIS (federal) on my request to expedite
March 16, 2020 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
February 29, 2020 We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment
February 24, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location.

hi everyone i am also filing n400 this week but i just want to know 1 thing. please help me understand this.

i am filing with 5 year rule after my divorce. this is my document list - that i uploaded online. 

1 - copy of green card

2 - copy of divorce certificate

3 - traffic ticket receipts

4 - copy of driver licence.

is there anything missing in my document list? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Guido51 said:

hi everyone i am also filing n400 this week but i just want to know 1 thing. please help me understand this.

i am filing with 5 year rule after my divorce. this is my document list - that i uploaded online. 

1 - copy of green card

2 - copy of divorce certificate

3 - traffic ticket receipts

4 - copy of driver licence.

is there anything missing in my document list? 

If you had any kids from your previous marriage who are USCs, then upload their birth certificates.

You may also upload your IRS Tax Transcripts for the last 5 years, if you want.

Also, this is the "Feb-2020" filers group. You probably meant to post in the "Feb-2021" filers group

Link - https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/756663-february-2021-n-400-filers-edited-title/

Edited by bzbee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.