Emily and Youssef

K-1 Visa Interview in Morocco

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance and I are waiting for notification from the consulate in Casablanca that they have received our paperwork. We have submitted the DS-160, and my fiance has gathered all other necessary documents except for the physical--since he is unable to do that before scheduling an interview. We would like to get this scheduled ASAP, as our wedding date is less than 3 months away on April 25. Any help or advice for getting through to the consulate in order to schedule?

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Emily and Youssef said:

My fiance and I are waiting for notification from the consulate in Casablanca that they have received our paperwork. We have submitted the DS-160, and my fiance has gathered all other necessary documents except for the physical--since he is unable to do that before scheduling an interview. We would like to get this scheduled ASAP, as our wedding date is less than 3 months away on April 25. Any help or advice for getting through to the consulate in order to schedule?

Casablanca is behind around 5 months in scheduling interviews from the date the consulate received your file. They are now scheduling March appointments for the files they received in September; going by your posted timeline don’t expect an interview notice till around April or May. It’s frustrating trying to plan a wedding blindly with no real time frame. We have emailed them and called them consistently; but nothing has changed and we are still waiting for an interview date. 

Edited by AcrossDaMiles

Golden rule: don't make any firm plans until the visa is in hand.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AcrossDaMiles said:

Casablanca is behind around 5 months in scheduling interviews from the date the consulate received your file. They are now scheduling March appointments for the files they received in September; going by your posted timeline don’t expect an interview notice till around April or May. It’s frustrating trying to plan a wedding blindly with no real time frame. We have emailed them and called them consistently; but nothing has changed and we are still waiting for an interview date. 

I've seen that online, as well, but I've also seen some people receive interviews much sooner than 5-6 months. I am hoping to be persistent enough with the consulate that we can get approved sooner. Has anyone had any luck with that?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Emily and Youssef said:

I've seen that online, as well, but I've also seen some people receive interviews much sooner than 5-6 months. I am hoping to be persistent enough with the consulate that we can get approved sooner. Has anyone had any luck with that?

A couple on here recently had an interview and they got their appointment about a month after the consulate received their file; but I think they were either denied or put in administrative processing right after the interview. This is one of the reasons why we stopped emailing them constantly and just waiting our turn in line. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hopefully you have not paid any deposits.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Cancel wedding plans

and i hope u did not already get the 2 criminal reports as they should be done within 90 days of interview

what is happening now in Casa is the paper comes to make the dr appointment and when you call any of the 3 they will tell you the appointment will be at least 2 months in the future

timeline - waiting 3 or more months for an interview slot and you have less than a month to do things (dr can not be done in time)

you call and take any time slot you can get

go to the interview (even if you still need the dr appointment)

if approved (you will be told to send the medical with Aramex to the embassy)

all cases go into AP for additional security checks and documentation 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Casablanca is a tough embassy for K-1s, many get denied or put into a long process of administrative processing after the interview.  So as others have said, don't make firm wedding plans in the US until the visa in the passport is in hand.  Good luck!

Timeline

we only waited a month for our interview and we were approved. the consulate already changed the status to issued. 

Timeline

Hello, 

I've had my interview date after 1 month when my case turned ready , 

Everything was okay , except by the end of my interview the CO handed me a 221G form highlighted the ADMIN REVIEW , and 1 day later they have emailed me to fill out a questionnaire : that was DS5535 .

On 2/6/2020 at 3:05 PM, Emily and Youssef said:

It is not practical to make concrete wedding plans on a K-1, especially when a high fraud embassy is involved.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Fz duffield said:

Hello, 

I've had my interview date after 1 month when my case turned ready , 

Everything was okay , except by the end of my interview the CO handed me a 221G form highlighted the ADMIN REVIEW , and 1 day later they have emailed me to fill out a questionnaire : that was DS5535 .

How did you hear from them in order to schedule an interview? We've been emailing daily for the past two weeks (documents should have been received in Casa 2-4 weeks ago), but all I've gotten is automatic replies or no response. 

What was the questionnaire, and do you know why they asked you to fill it out?

Good luck to you, as well!

Timeline
11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

It is not practical to make concrete wedding plans on a K-1, especially when a high fraud embassy is involved.

You're right. We have "set a date," meaning that we let friends and family know that we're getting married, but we have also added a note about being flexible with the date. That said, we are eager to continue in the process and don't want to get stuck in an administrative queue of 5-7 months. We are working with our lawyer to continue moving forward, and I'm just curious what the special sauce is that gives some couples luck in hearing back/scheduling/getting approved. Our I-129F was approved with no RFEs (200+ pages of documentation in total), and we were feeling optimistic until we hit this hurdle with the consulate.

Timeline
On 2/6/2020 at 6:33 PM, JeanneAdil said:

Cancel wedding plans

and i hope u did not already get the 2 criminal reports as they should be done within 90 days of interview

what is happening now in Casa is the paper comes to make the dr appointment and when you call any of the 3 they will tell you the appointment will be at least 2 months in the future

timeline - waiting 3 or more months for an interview slot and you have less than a month to do things (dr can not be done in time)

you call and take any time slot you can get

go to the interview (even if you still need the dr appointment)

if approved (you will be told to send the medical with Aramex to the embassy)

all cases go into AP for additional security checks and documentation 

I'm curious about this advice. Anytime my fiance has called to schedule an appointment with the Dr, they are asking him to verify that he has scheduled a consular interview first. It seems that everything is unique to the individual, but we will contact them again next week and see if we can get something on the books.

Thanks!

Timeline
On 2/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, Emily and Youssef said:

......it is about 5 months to interview. You are honestly wasting your time emailing. They will email you with an appointment. With that said, when you choose one of the doctors or any of the doctors for your medical appointment they will probably tell you they are completely full and can’t get you in before your interview. We just went through this. He called the next day and we now have his medical appt for this Monday. Not really wanting to explain how we did that on this site. Come join the Moroccan Visa Journey Facebook page and find me there. 

F794DD93-725B-4FB1-B513-756E3A2DBCB4.jpeg

Edited by Khalid and Dawn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.