Twomoles

A bit angry

60 posts in this topic

We have all had to go through immigration, and there were days when we didnt like the system too much. I think you are really making too big a thing out of this. What happens when you get your greencard and can travel, enrol in education, work etc?? Your source of complaint will then be over. Look at it like that and Im sure you will cheer up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Are there other people in your area from your native country? Or those who speak the same language as you? If you search for others who are like you, I think you will feel more comfortable about being here and the rest will progress naturally. My fiancee is coming from Ukraine. I'm trying to make the adjustment for her as smooth as possible. I speak a good amount of her language. As well as, having Russian TV in the home. She's already found acquaintances here in my area that have gone through the same changes as you. She met them through her Russian forum version of Visa Journey. I've met these ladies and I think she's going to be fine after some time.

Maybe speak with your spouse about this situation and see what kind of assistance can be thought about to help you with the change. I hope some of this was able to give you an idea. I know the USA is not the easiest place to go and start all over again. Millions of others have done it before you. You can surely do it too! Best of luck to you! ;)

No, I haven't found here.

No, my husband doesn't speak my language.

I thought, that if she is from Ukraine, she speaks Ukrainian.

Have you been able to find anyone here from your home country that you can talk to? I would say that finding some kind of familiarity is critical for making it through the transition - people who you can relate to you and vice versa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The official language in Ukraine, is Ukrainian. But most speak Russian because it's so common because of it being a former Soviet state. From what I've seen, there's not too much of a difference between the 2 languages. But I'm willing to learn both of them.

As far as not finding anyone near you, you may be surprised there are probably quite a few in your area. They may be feeling the same as you. You should search for other forums for those from Lativa, Russia, or other former Soviet states.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

The official language in Ukraine, is Ukrainian. But most speak Russian because it's so common because of it being a former Soviet state. From what I've seen, there's not too much of a difference between the 2 languages. But I'm willing to learn both of them.

As far as not finding anyone near you, you may be surprised there are probably quite a few in your area. They may be feeling the same as you. You should search for other forums for those from Lativa, Russia, or other former Soviet states.

Well, soviet states doesn't exist almost 20 years, and me as Latvian don't have anything common of interest in there.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The official language in Ukraine, is Ukrainian. But most speak Russian because it's so common because of it being a former Soviet state. From what I've seen, there's not too much of a difference between the 2 languages.

You are not quite correct - the difference is huge, and I, for example, don't understand a word when I hear a person speak Ukrainian. Most Russian speakers don't.

Ieva, this is gonna change - when you get your green card, you will have so many rights, you won't even believe! Trust me. :)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline

The official language in Ukraine, is Ukrainian. But most speak Russian because it's so common because of it being a former Soviet state. From what I've seen, there's not too much of a difference between the 2 languages.

You are not quite correct - the difference is huge, and I, for example, don't understand a word when I hear a person speak Ukrainian. Most Russian speakers don't.

Ieva, this is gonna change - when you get your green card, you will have so many rights, you won't even believe! Trust me. :)

There is about 40 main languages in European Union. Not even talking about dialects, when I don't understand even people from my little country. Finding someone close to here possibilities is almost close to nothing. And by the way, migration from there is almost close to nothing. In VJ there is only 8 cases, and none of them to Vermont.

08/04/2006 - NOA1

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

1/19 - Married

05/11/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

11/16/2009 - approval

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is about 40 main languages in European Union. Not even talking about dialects, when I don't understand even people from my little country. Finding someone close to here possibilities is almost close to nothing. And by the way, migration from there is almost close to nothing. In VJ there is only 8 cases, and none of them to Vermont.

Doesn't sound much like you are interested in trying to do anything to help yourself and to make things better. Maybe you should just accept your situation , wait until you have everything you need and hope it all works out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Doesn't sound much like you are interested in trying to do anything to help yourself and to make things better. Maybe you should just accept your situation , wait until you have everything you need and hope it all works out.

I was starting to think the same also. We can't be accused of not willing to help! ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

VJ isnt the only source of people who have gone through this. Try local churches, immigrant groups, universities etc. I had no idea how many people in my area were from the UK/had gone through the fiance/spousal visas until I started poking around. Just use your imagination and get out in your community and you might be surprised. Good luck and I hope things get better!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline
VJ isnt the only source of people who have gone through this. Try local churches, immigrant groups, universities etc. I had no idea how many people in my area were from the UK/had gone through the fiance/spousal visas until I started poking around. Just use your imagination and get out in your community and you might be surprised. Good luck and I hope things get better!

UK population - 60,776,238, English speaking - large amount

LV population - 2,259,810, Latvian speaking - take quite a peace off from this number who really does.

Big difference

I was starting to think the same also. We can't be accused of not willing to help! ;)

What else I can do to help myself?

Feeling with less rights then in any place I traveled as tourist before, but still getting lost around wondering for hours to get back?

Wash floor every day 3 times just to do something?

Talking with walls while he is at work?

Go to shrink to speak English?

Having phone who never rings?

Spending my day in VJ, and when I once say out things what hurts me I get scold, because maybe I didn't said something proper for everyone to agree?

08/04/2006 - NOA1

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

1/19 - Married

05/11/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

11/16/2009 - approval

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

UK population - 60,776,238, English speaking - large amount

LV population - 2,259,810, Latvian speaking - take quite a peace off from this number who really does.

Big difference

Feeling with less rights then in any place I traveled as tourist before, but still getting lost around wondering for hours to get back?

Spending my day in VJ, and when I once say out things what hurts me I get scold, because maybe I didn't said something proper for everyone to agree?

S'ok, Ieva... sounds to me like you're just having those 'what is the point of all of this, what is is it all for?!' days when everything seems horrible. :( I don't have much to say to make you feel better, but have you tried to explain (as rationally as possible) to your husband how you're feeling? I don't know where you live, what it's like there, what the people are like there, etc etc... but honestly, just trying to get out of the house and NOT stare at the walls all day/clean the floors three times, should make you feel better. There must be something you can get involved in to make you feel like you're not totally wasting your days here right now... some kind of class you can take? Volunteering? I know these ideas might seem obvious and a waste of time, but... I know how wasting away hours on the internet achieving nothing can make you feel a bit 'blah' (to say the least) when it's all you ever seem to do...

Cheer up (easy for me to say, I know)... things will get better soon! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well people here have tried giving you suggestions and it appears you are not interested. What else can you do? For starters, get out of the house. Investigate classes at a local community college, volunteer, find out if there are other people from your area of the world where you live, start learning your way around, go to a shopping mall, go to the grocery store, start cooking, join a gym, ride a bicycle, go to the library. It's not like there is nothing you can do to fill your time. But first you have to change your attitude and embrace your new home.

Timeline

I do cook every day. (I wonder how one can become desperate house wife lol.) I do go volunteer, when I get a car. I don't have a car and either bicycle. My English and dance classes have ended for summer break. I cant finish college because of AOS. I am not meant to be like this, someone whose pre-calculus score is 93 %, I am just not this kind who gets happy wondering around in malls. I have a great husband, but simply- he is not walking in my shoes.

I am to energetic, to be enough with these small little things. I am able to work, study and still find time for party in same time. This is how I was, and now I should be happy being like dependent little kid, without confidence, and light in the end of tunnel. Happy about having just one reason to get out and go somewhere, even just to say hi, how are you to clerk in mall. Its crazy.

08/04/2006 - NOA1

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

1/19 - Married

05/11/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

11/16/2009 - approval

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!