Daniel78

Still waiting on NOA2

55 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Daniel78 said:

I got an approval notice yesterday 2/7/2020. Thanks to all who responded in this thread.

Congratulations. There is a lesson to be learned from this and that the whole process all the way to Naturalization is a game of wait. So having patience will be your best friend. If you haven't already I'd like to invite you to the February thread for what is next at this stage. Download the PDF on the first page first post and study it to determine what you can and cannot accomplish during this stage to the embassy.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730395-february-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/#comments

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My was received on October 4th but the noa1 was finalized on 24 October. It appears I waited longer than most for this notice not sure why but VJ has dates stating I should receive my noa2 shortly but have not received it. 

Edited by Ukrainian Queen

On 2/8/2020 at 6:13 PM, Daniel78 said:

I got an approval notice yesterday 2/7/2020. Thanks to all who responded in this thread.

Join us in the FEBRUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

My was received on October 4th but the noa1 was finalized on 24 October. It appears I waited longer than most for this notice not sure why but VJ has dates stating I should receive my noa2 shortly but have not received it. 

VJ is only a guesstimate based solely on the information provided by its members. Since there hundreds if not thousands of others outside VJ vying for a visa, the sampling for the guesstimation is only centered on VJ participants of those that keep up with their timeline. Many don't, so you can't put much weight on the accuracy of that notice.

Your better off using the timeline section found here https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/ to get an idea when people are getting approved for a certain visa.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

totally understand and it would help if those that entered their information provided accurate and up to date info to better assist all involved in the process. i have been following the timeline you sent in the link and it shows now 26 of October are being approved and my NOA1 was the 24th. i hope to hear something soon and check MyUSCIS account on a regular basis but it only says nothing for me to do for the time being and that they have received my application. thank you 

56 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

totally understand and it would help if those that entered their information provided accurate and up to date info to better assist all involved in the process. i have been following the timeline you sent in the link and it shows now 26 of October are being approved and my NOA1 was the 24th. i hope to hear something soon and check MyUSCIS account on a regular basis but it only says nothing for me to do for the time being and that they have received my application. thank you 

More patience. Yours is coming.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I called USCIS yesterday to inquire as to the status of my application since VJ is showing second notices have been sent out to applicants with dates beyond my first notice and she stated that she looked over the application and does not see any issues on her end with regards to my application. she did state that sometimes it takes longer because of the federal back ground check but i informed her that i had a very high clearance for many many years and she seemed to imply that i was good on this end but that it could be because of other applicants are ahead of me. how much weight can i place on what she said being that she was customer service and not a supervisor? not sure what the hold up is but i am trying my best to have patience but its wearing me out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

I called USCIS yesterday to inquire as to the status of my application since VJ is showing second notices have been sent out to applicants with dates beyond my first notice and she stated that she looked over the application and does not see any issues on her end with regards to my application. she did state that sometimes it takes longer because of the federal back ground check but i informed her that i had a very high clearance for many many years and she seemed to imply that i was good on this end but that it could be because of other applicants are ahead of me. how much weight can i place on what she said being that she was customer service and not a supervisor? not sure what the hold up is but i am trying my best to have patience but its wearing me out. 

You can't put too much weight on what they say. You also can not compare your case with anyone else's - it will only cause you more and more upset each time you see others get approved who filed around you and probably many who filed after you. You just need to practice patience.

@Greenbaum and @Sarge2155 (and others!) are well versed in this process, I usually leaned on them for answers and stalked their answers to others in similar predicaments. This forum has much more education and guidance than any other avenue IMO.

There isn't anything you can do at this juncture other than to wait for the process to take its respective course. I am sorry that it's wearing on you. I know how you feel - you are close to waiting 5 months - many, MANY others have been in your shoes and waiting 4, 5, 6 X as long as you (including myself). It's all about perspective, which is subjective for everyone.

Fingers crossed for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

My NOA2 came about a month after others who had a similar NOA1 date. Although I too had a clearance for a while a long time ago, I think think the delay had more to do with living in multiple states, which may cause the process to wait for all those states to be checked. Just keep busy and the time will come eventually.

@Ukrainian Queen

You can take that reply from @HTMW

To the bank as she knows the true meaning of heartache, anger and confusion. Take a look at her credentials (her timeline) then you'll see just how versed she is. I have been through similar heartache, but no where near hers. You'd do well to try and relax and realize it could be worse! YOU hold the key as to how this process is going to effect you. I do realize what you feel, but there is little you can do other than how you do the time!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Take it from someone who is also trying to learn patience: comparison is a thief of joy.

Many, many, many others were approved before us. We have no prior marriages, no dependents, no criminal background, etc. I thought our petition would be fast and simple.

We all willingly signed up for this process. Try to resist the urge to bug USCIS, especially if you are still within normal processing. 

2 hours ago, arae said:

Take it from someone who is also trying to learn patience: comparison is a thief of joy.

Many, many, many others were approved before us. We have no prior marriages, no dependents, no criminal background, etc. I thought our petition would be fast and simple.

We all willingly signed up for this process. Try to resist the urge to bug USCIS, especially if you are still within normal processing. 

Seems  by your reply that you are doing just fine!!!!! Congratulations  btw!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.