Peteb

CENOMAR for US CITIZENS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Currently,  the Manila is giving the run around. Though USCIS told me that CENOMAR are not required for US citizens.  Manila states that I'm required to submit one. They have been notified that I'm currently under going treatments from a dr.

But, here is the problem,  I have spoken to several US citizens , two that live here in CALIFORNIA,  Neither was asked to submit a CENOMAR!!

So, under the US Constitution,  Article 1, section 8 Uniform of Rule of Immigration.  Since they dont ask ever Petitioner,  are they violating my Constitutional rights .

22 minutes ago, Peteb said:

Currently,  the Manila is giving the run around. Though USCIS told me that CENOMAR are not required for US citizens.  Manila states that I'm required to submit one. They have been notified that I'm currently under going treatments from a dr.

But, here is the problem,  I have spoken to several US citizens , two that live here in CALIFORNIA,  Neither was asked to submit a CENOMAR!!

So, under the US Constitution,  Article 1, section 8 Uniform of Rule of Immigration.  Since they dont ask ever Petitioner,  are they violating my Constitutional rights .

Have you ever been a Philippine citizen? Also who exactly is asking for it, and is this for K1 petition?

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Peteb said:

What part of article 1, section 8 guarantees immigration as a constitutional right?  I see that article 8 mentions naturalization,  which should never be confused with immigration 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Peteb said:

USCIS requirements have nothing to do with the Dept. of State (embassies) requirements.

It appears that you are a former Filipino, a CENOMAR is then required.    Speak to all the USC you like and ask them about a CENOMAR, none of which has anything to do with you providing the requested documents per the embassy.     You want a visa ... you give the embassy what they asked for, it is that simple   (He who has the gold, makes the rules)

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (if applicable). Applicants who are single and have never been married (18 years and older) are required to obtain a CENOMAR from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The request for a CENOMAR is a standard measure adopted in Manila to ensure that a visa applicant does not have any concealed, unterminated prior marriage to anyone, which would eliminate his / her claim to the single status of the visa category sought. To request a CENOMAR be directly submitted to the US Embassy (recommended), you may do so here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Terms.aspx

 A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

It appears that you are a former Filipino, a CENOMAR is then required.    Speak to all the USC you like and ask them about a CENOMAR, none of which has anything to do with you providing the requested documents per the embassy.     You want a visa ... you give the embassy what they asked for, it is that simple   (He who has the gold, makes the rules)

That was my guess as well and that's why I asked my question above which hasn't been answered yet. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
2 hours ago, Peteb said:

No, I not a Filipino.   I am a Naturalized US Citizen (1974)

Naturalized from what country?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 2/4/2020 at 1:39 AM, Hank_ said:

USCIS requirements have nothing to do with the Dept. of State (embassies) requirements.

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (if applicable). Applicants who are single and have never been married (18 years and older) are required to obtain a CENOMAR from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The request for a CENOMAR is a standard measure adopted in Manila to ensure that a visa applicant does not have any concealed, unterminated prior marriage to anyone, which would eliminate his / her claim to the single status of the visa category sought. To request a CENOMAR be directly submitted to the US Embassy (recommended), you may do so here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Terms.aspx

 A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank,

I am a USC, formerly a Filipino married in PH, got divorced in the US.

Would it be possible that if I petition a fiancée visa (F1), the CFO might require me (the petitioner) to provided a CENOMAR?

My fiancée is single, never married.

Thanks. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, hgl said:

Hank,

I am a USC, formerly a Filipino married in PH, got divorced in the US.

Would it be possible that if I petition a fiancée visa (F1), the CFO might require me (the petitioner) to provided a CENOMAR?

My fiancée is single, never married.

Thanks. 

Fiance is K-1 visa.

I have not heard of CFO asking for the CENOMAR from the petitioner, CFO will want a copy of your divorce decree.  The embassy for sure will request the CENOMAR, being "married in the Phils" in your case PSA would issue a CEMAR < which your divorce decree will handle, that you submitted to USCIS.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Fiance is K-1 visa

Opps.

I have not heard of CFO asking for the CENOMAR from the petitioner, CFO will want a copy of your divorce decree.  The embassy for sure will request the CENOMAR, being "married in the Phils" in your case PSA would issue a CEMAR < which your divorce decree will handle, that you submitted to USCIS.

Ah! I thought this CFO -CENOMAR thing from a former Filipino is gonna stopped me out getting my fiancée from PH. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.