Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, beefmaster2 said:

This looks like it is for OPT EADs rather than AOS EADs. From what I remember when I was on OPT the processing times (and potentially the office handling the cases?) were different. 

I thought the same but that’s what it says in their FAQ: „The data is only for I-765s. YSC series tracking numbers also contain other types of forms e.g. I-130, I-601A etc, those are filtered out. I make no differentitation between the Initial OPT cases and STEM Extensions, the data you see is combined (initial+stem). Unfortunately the data taken from USCIS is also not enough to determine whether the I-765s are only OPT or not. Other applicants that also use I-765 for employment authorization include asylum seekers, H4 holders etc. Asylum Seekers have a relatively shorter processing time. USCIS' website does not have any information to indicate that there is any difference in processing time of other non-OPT I-765s and OPT I-765s.

so I figured it is for all I-765 because they can’t distinguish between the different I-765 applications. But maybe I am just grasping straws here.

Edited by Karosuko

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Karosuko said:

I don’t know how accurate/trustworthy this tracker is, but according to the graph they are currently shipping out June 15th approvals. https://opttimeline.com ( you have to choose shipping status). So I’m keeping my hopes up that we get our cards next week. As for my Notices of Approval, I just accepted they are lost and I’ll request a duplicate when the deadline has passed.

Thanks foe the info and let us keep our fingers crossed! This week is our week, lets claim it!

3 hours ago, Karosuko said:

I thought the same but that’s what it says in their FAQ: „The data is only for I-765s. YSC series tracking numbers also contain other types of forms e.g. I-130, I-601A etc, those are filtered out. I make no differentitation between the Initial OPT cases and STEM Extensions, the data you see is combined (initial+stem). Unfortunately the data taken from USCIS is also not enough to determine whether the I-765s are only OPT or not. Other applicants that also use I-765 for employment authorization include asylum seekers, H4 holders etc. Asylum Seekers have a relatively shorter processing time. USCIS' website does not have any information to indicate that there is any difference in processing time of other non-OPT I-765s and OPT I-765s.

so I figured it is for all I-765 because they can’t distinguish between the different I-765 applications. But maybe I am just grasping straws here.

Right but they are all YSC which is the Potomac service center. If your receipt number begins with something else then this website isn’t relevant. All they are doing is scraping YSC data off the USCIS website...I haven’t seen anything similar for MSC receipts. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, beefmaster2 said:

Right but they are all YSC which is the Potomac service center. If your receipt number begins with something else then this website isn’t relevant. All they are doing is scraping YSC data off the USCIS website...I haven’t seen anything similar for MSC receipts. 

Thanks for clarifying that. I may have misunderstood the data pool they are using. However, even if this is not for MSC receipts, I still hope next week is the week :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

My EAD status finally changed to "New Card is Being Produced"!!
I thought they forgot about me😂

Application sent: January 8th

NOA: January 10th

Bio: February 4th

When was it “approved”? Haven’t seen any movement on our end for our approved EAD since 6/18

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, celene0220 said:

When was it “approved”? Haven’t seen any movement on our end for our approved EAD since 6/18

Hmm I think my case jumped from "Fingerprints were taken" to "Card Produced"... 

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/27/2020 at 8:56 AM, Mwkaasj said:

I would send USCIS a letter explaining that the SS department wants you to mail them the Card and ask them if there is anyway they can order the SS number from their side given the covid circumstances.    They should be able to submit tue request from there side and save the risk.    Or call them and discuss what they can do from their side as if you would have checked the box originally. 

This is a good suggestion! I will try it. Thanks so much!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Hmm I think my case jumped from "Fingerprints were taken" to "Card Produced"... 

No clue why but in most cases the approved update comes after the card produced update 🤷‍♀️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

No clue why but in most cases the approved update comes after the card produced update 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, celene0220 said:

Actually now I got an update that " Case was approved"🤣
I think it was a mistake...

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

Actually now I got an update that " Case was approved"🤣
I think it was a mistake...

It's not a mistake. Like I said that's common 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It's not a mistake. Like I said that's common 

That’s true. My wife’s status at first was “new card being produced” then hours later it changed to “case was approved”. And it has been sitting like that for 11 days now. I hope she gets it in time before the start date of her job.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.