Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
10 hours ago, JaQueen said:

We got good news today!!

Expedite Request Sent Friday (June 12)

USCIS Requested for supporting Documents Monday (June15th)

Supporting Documents sent Same Day (June 15)

Documents Received (June 16th)

CASE APPROVED for I-765 and I-131TODAY -We ordered you a new card. (June 17) SOOOO HAPPY!!

Question do we have to apply for his SS card or will it come with the combo card? when we signed up we choose the option for USCIS to apply for the ss card but he will need it for work along with the combo card.

The SS card came automatically for us, about a week after we received the EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am finally back after being gone for a while. Our Immigration Law firm was semi closed for the last three months. Unfortunately, I was like the only employee who stayed so I was working on all the cases, but now seems like I can breathe again. Seems like if things things don't change USCIS could slow down soon because USCIS is really lacking the funding and they are asking for congress to step in. If they don't they are planning to furlough people soon and be working at 25% capacity from the last thing I heard.

Sorry, if someone mentioned it before, but like I mentioned I have not been on here for a while. Plus, when I was here I literally told people what was going to happen, but people don't listen, so I left.

In other news my wife's EAD combo card just got produced so I am excited about that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
16 hours ago, JaQueen said:

We got good news today!!

Expedite Request Sent Friday (June 12)

USCIS Requested for supporting Documents Monday (June15th)

Supporting Documents sent Same Day (June 15)

Documents Received (June 16th)

CASE APPROVED for I-765 and I-131TODAY -We ordered you a new card. (June 17) SOOOO HAPPY!!

Question do we have to apply for his SS card or will it come with the combo card? when we signed up we choose the option for USCIS to apply for the ss card but he will need it for work along with the combo card.

COngrats! I did the same thing for my SSN but still waiting. Its about one and a half week since I got my  EAD. I tried to call them about it, but the they needed my SSN to check me up. 🙃Soooo Im just gonna give it some more time, blame the rona. If it doesnt show up, the USCIS says you have to go to your local office, but at least where I live theyre not open for public yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
32 minutes ago, eborge said:

COngrats! I did the same thing for my SSN but still waiting. Its about one and a half week since I got my  EAD. I tried to call them about it, but the they needed my SSN to check me up. 🙃Soooo Im just gonna give it some more time, blame the rona. If it doesnt show up, the USCIS says you have to go to your local office, but at least where I live theyre not open for public yet. 

Ok thank you so much. Hope you receive it soon! How long after your approval did you get the EAD

17 hours ago, JaQueen said:

when we signed up we choose the option for USCIS to apply for the ss card

USCIS should forward your SSN request to SSA; I say "should" because in a few instances they erroneously don't forward the request to SSA.

Question do we have to apply for his SS card or will it come with the combo card?

It comes separately:

1 hour ago, eborge said:

If it doesnt show up, the USCIS says you have to go to your local office, but at least where I live theyre not open for public yet. 

They are closed for in-person services. Technically, you could mail your SS-5 application with all required original documents to the local SSA office. But, I don't recommended it because of the risk of losing the original documents.

In addition, your local SSA office could set up a special appointment for you to submit an application in-person if you explain your circumstances (have new EAD, don't want to mail in the EAD, etc). It sounds like a few VJ members have done it successfully. You should call your local SSA office to see if it's possible.

but he will need it for work along with the combo card.

SSN isn't needed to begin employment. Though, it can delay his paycheck. See @JFH's experience with working before receiving the SSN: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/647628-enter-usa-with-ir1-visa/?do=findComment&comment=8798601

Edited by HRQX

On 6/17/2020 at 3:16 PM, Bars&Saqi said:

I was using the search function on the case tracker and with the exception of a couple all the I-765/I-131 approved on June 10th hasnt had their cards mailed yet. Makes me feel better

I just got my “your card is on it’s way” update. Hope you get yours too! 

48 minutes ago, ccass410 said:

I just got my “your card is on it’s way” update. Hope you get yours too! 

ME TOO!! It just changed to  “Card was Mailed To Me”!!

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, JaQueen said:

Ok thank you so much. Hope you receive it soon! How long after your approval did you get the EAD

One week! And they kept sending notes about everything,  like "your card was picked up at the uscia" and "your card was delivered in your mailbox today" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our 131 and 765 status has changed to Card Was Mailed To Me...    how long does it take to get it in the mail after the status changes?

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

31 minutes ago, Mwkaasj said:

Our 131 and 765 status has changed to Card Was Mailed To Me...    how long does it take to get it in the mail after the status changes?

It can be really quick. In my case for my green card my dates were these: 

Mon Apr 20 2020 - "card was mailed to me"
Tue Apr 21 2020 - USPS tracking number provided
Thu April 23 2020 - "card was delivered"

Timeline
5 hours ago, HRQX said:

USCIS should forward your SSN request to SSA; I say "should" because in a few instances they erroneously don't forward the request to SSA.

It comes separately:

They are closed for in-person services. Technically, you could mail your SS-5 application with all required original documents to the local SSA office. But, I don't recommended it because of the risk of losing the original documents.

In addition, your local SSA office could set up a special appointment for you to submit an application in-person if you explain your circumstances (have new EAD, don't want to mail in the EAD, etc). It sounds like a few VJ members have done it successfully. You should call your local SSA office to see if it's possible.

SSN isn't needed to begin employment. Though, it can delay his paycheck. See @JFH's experience with working before receiving the SSN: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/647628-enter-usa-with-ir1-visa/?do=findComment&comment=8798601

Thank You so much 

Timeline
4 hours ago, eborge said:

One week! And they kept sending notes about everything,  like "your card was picked up at the uscia" and "your card was delivered in your mailbox today" 

LOL, I don't know your voice but I read this in your voice. Thank You. we are looking out for our Card by next week 

Hey y’all,

my card from USCIS is now showing on USPS’s “Informed Delivery.” My status hasn’t changed but now that I can see it on my Informed Delivery I already have the tracking number.

just wanted to give the update in case you all wanted to track it thru Informed Delivery too! 

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.