Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Just got the update that my new work permit was produced. That took not even 4 weeks

they are probably rubber stamping renewals. I have heard other cases where renewal was processed in a month. 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey y’all!

We just got back from our interview, we had to drive 30 mins in the middle of a snow storm, the office was not closed (we thought it might due to bad weather)

It went well for the most part, we are 5 yo couple now so we felt very confident about our story and current status, it was a chill conversation with nothing to hide or to be scared of.

We did forget to print some recent pictures to show proof that we are still a real couple lol. We only had a lease agreement on both of our names (most bills are on my wife’s name) and 2019 taxes filed jointly. And some Happy 1 year anniversary cards that the agent didn’t want to see 😂. We keep our finances separated so no joint accounts/cc, and we bought out her 4 year old car lease but we kept it under her name.

I think we will be ok, nothing went south during the interview.

I got an update a few minutes later that my interview was completed and being reviewed.

And then another one like an hour later that says my name was updated on the application (weird, I explained I have 2 last names and we updated our current address and employment info)

I should get an approval or a RFI in the next couple of days.

Good luck to everybody, I see a lot of you have scheduled interviews!

Edited by maferraric

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, maferraric said:

Hey y’all!

We just got back from our interview, we had to drive 30 mins in the middle of a snow storm, the office was not closed (we thought it might due to bad weather)

It went well for the most part, we are 5 yo couple now so we felt very confident about our story and current status, it was a chill conversation with nothing to hide or to be scared of.

We did forget to print some recent pictures to show proof that we are still a real couple lol. We only had a lease agreement on both of our names (most bills are on my wife’s name) and 2019 taxes filed jointly. And some Happy 1 year anniversary cards that the agent didn’t want to see 😂. We keep our finances separated so no joint accounts/cc, and we bought out her 4 year old car lease but we kept it under her name.

I think we will be ok, nothing went south during the interview.

I got an update a few minutes later that my interview was completed and being reviewed.

And then another one like an hour later that says my name was updated on the application (weird, I explained I have 2 last names and we updated our current address and employment info)

I should get an approval or a RFI in the next couple of days.

Good luck to everybody, I see a lot of you have scheduled interviews!

Yeah one more down in our little group. Congratulations 🎉🎉 I'm sure you'll be fine and get the approval soon. And I'm glad to hear that one doesn't have to mingle everything together to proof that they're a real couple. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All, 

We had our interview today in Portland, OR. We arrived at the USCIS office 15 minutes earlier (as instructed), went through security, and waited for about 5 min until we got called out. Our officer was super nice, he made the interview felt like a conversation, it was super mellow, very few questions and they were all about our form I-485, he asked us to provide all the new documents we've had recently so we gave him our newest Tax Return form, pay stubs, employment letter, and that was about it, he said that we did a good job gathering all the documents since the beginning and that it wasn't necessary to show more evidence so he approved our case on the spot. The interview lasted 25 min roughly and that was it, I checked our case status on the USCIS website and now it changed to Card is being produced.

Fun fact, our officer let me be the interpreter for my wife as she is still learning English and didn't feel ready to answer by herself. 😄 

Good luck to everyone waiting to have the interview, y'all will be alright.

Edited by DSotomayor

Timeline

Received my new EAD today. Just in time to hand it over next week at the interview 😂 or do I keep it? It has the text about AP again even though there's no status update on my AP- still just shows as received.

25 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Just in time to hand it over next week at the interview 😂 or do I keep it?

Take it to the interview and the IO may or may not take it. Also some people surrender it later along with their GC at the naturalization oath ceremony.

25 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It has the text about AP again even though there's no status update on my AP- still just shows as received.

Did you get an approval notice for I-765? If so, what did the approval notice say? Was the class on the notice "C09" or "C09P"?

"We have approved your application for employment authorization."

b9d1e-ed04f3_7097357dbb8f4d5c8d90c40e832

"We have approved your application for employment authorization and advance parole"

e92bb-ed04f3_3700e48ce3f74c69af24075d4eb

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
12 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

you didnt get a combo card. ouch ?

I did got the combo card. It's just my online status for AP that never updated but I just got the approval notice and it's for both. EAD and AP. 

Hi everyone! So happy to see so many approvals and interviews and MOVEMENT!

I have a very quick question. My greencard is in my maiden name and I would like to switch over to my married name. My passport is also in my maiden name and my country are not accepting new passport applications at the minute (thank you COVID/BREXIT). Do my greencard and passport need to be in the same name? If they’re different will that cause trouble at customs/ will I have to carry my marriage certificate? I’m not travelling anywhere but would just like to know whether it’s worth changing it now or waiting until my passport expires (in two years) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
On 1/28/2021 at 7:38 PM, A&R2019 said:

My husband and I have our interview in a few weeks. Originally, we applied with a joint sponsor even though I made above the income requirement because I was a student and didn't have 3 years worth of tax returns. However, the joint sponsor has since been furloughed due to COVID-19 and does not currently have an income. My husband has been working for the past 6 months with his EAD, and I already make above the income requirement. Does anyone know: is it a problem if I just bring our financial documents to the interview and try to proceed without the joint sponsor?

@A&R2019 We filled a new affidavit of support just in case because a lot had changed since the initial application (new jobs for both of us, more than enough to sustain our expenses) We used a joint sponsor as well.

The agent told us it wasn’t necessary to update anything since the initial affidavit of support was already approved.

You can bring a new form, and both of your recent W2s and paystubs just in case you are asked for it.

Edited by maferraric

2 hours ago, ccass410 said:

Hi everyone! So happy to see so many approvals and interviews and MOVEMENT!

I have a very quick question. My greencard is in my maiden name and I would like to switch over to my married name. My passport is also in my maiden name and my country are not accepting new passport applications at the minute (thank you COVID/BREXIT). Do my greencard and passport need to be in the same name? If they’re different will that cause trouble at customs/ will I have to carry my marriage certificate? I’m not travelling anywhere but would just like to know whether it’s worth changing it now or waiting until my passport expires (in two years) 

Yeah, you'll want to carry your marriage certificate with you if you travel, and also make sure you book your plane tickets in the name on your passport for international travel. In terms of local/US-based ID, your green card becomes the best thing to use now and I believe that's the ID you'd be able to use for flying within the US.

I don't think there's any need to rush into updating your passport, or worrying about updating it. I've got about 7 years left on mine and I'll probably get around to it once I can finish converting everything to my married name - covid really threw a spanner in the works - and want to visit Blighty or something. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Charlesvb12 said:

my interview got resecheduled due to the weather on feb 3 in NJ. has anyone had this happen and know the timeline for a new interview date?

I heard that from a couple. No idea as far as the timeline. Could be two weeks or a month...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.