Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nerdcouple said:

Same here! 301 days today. Hang in there, you are not alone!

We are on the exact same timeline! What state are you in?

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

I have my AOS interview scheduled on Jan 20th at the San Antonio office. I have a question: The interview notice mentions "certified copies" of IRS tax returns, birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Do I need to get the copies of these documents notarized to get them "certified" or just the copies are good enough ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, darthy734 said:

I have my AOS interview scheduled on Jan 20th at the San Antonio office. I have a question: The interview notice mentions "certified copies" of IRS tax returns, birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Do I need to get the copies of these documents notarized to get them "certified" or just the copies are good enough ? 

Certified copys are notarized copys. Many banks offer that service to their customers. Would be the easiest way. But I don't see that for the birth certificate on my notice.

34 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Certified copys are notarized copys. Many banks offer that service to their customers.

When USCIS says certified copy of birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. it's talking about the following examples:

x-mississippi-birth.jpg

"This is to certify that the above is a true and correct copy of the certificate on file in this office"

Birth-certificates-california-simplistic

"Certified copy of vital record"

"This is a true certified copy of the record filed in the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health"

Edited by HRQX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 10:44 PM, nerdcouple said:

Hey everyone!

Hope y'all had a great start into 2021. Congrats to the ones who have their interviews schedules or already completed.

I am a Houston filer and the processing time here is 15-29 months, so I need to practice my patience. But I am seeing that Oct 2019 filers are getting their interviews scheduled so there is some hope! In the meantime, I have sent renewal applications for EAD and AP on 2020-12-15 because mine expires in April. I just received two texts with case numbers, and looked up them up on the USCIS website:

On December 28, 2020, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number IOExxx, and mailed you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. It is being processed at our National Benefits Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. 

I am confused because the number doesn't start with MSC. Does anybody have any additional information on that?

Also, when I used my AP in October 2020, I got a stamp in my passport saying "Paroled until 10/25/2021". Does this mean I don't need a new AP before 10/2021 and that I can leave and re-enter the country even if they don't issue me another combo card? 

IOE are the new numbers alpha numbers that are generated now, especially if you filled online. My sons EAD came with an IOE, while mine had MSC. I was told that as forms get filed online, paper ones are being converted to online and given an IOE. Hope that helps. 

ps. I’m on day 349 with no scheduled appointment for GC. I’m in RI. 

Hang in there! 

Timeline

@HRQX but it's not saying that it has to be certified by the issuing authority. SSA for example is saying that when they want certified copys.

4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

@HRQX but it's not saying that it has to be certified by the issuing authority.

Has the interview letter format changed?

"A certified copy of your Marriage Document issued by the appropriate civil authority"

"Your Birth Certificate."

"If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of your children."

LaCSy.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Has the interview letter format changed?

"A certified copy of your Marriage Document issued by the appropriate civil authority"

"Your Birth Certificate."

"If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of your children."

LaCSy.jpg

I'm deeply sorry, you're very right.

Timeline

Do they actually check all that stuff? I'm doing my interview alone and only have a copy of my husband's birth certificate from his military file. That will have to do it.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Just now, Letspaintcookies said:

I'm doing my interview alone and only have a copy of my husband's birth certificate from his military file. That will has to do it.

It's not required in your K-1 AOS case. The I-485 notice doesn't mention US citizen spouse's birth certificate.

In AOS from tourist, work, etc. cases it indirectly could be required for I-485 adjudication because of the I-130 that is also filed.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, HRQX said:

It's not required in your K-1 AOS case. The I-485 notice doesn't mention US citizen spouse's birth certificate.

In AOS from tourist, work, etc. cases it indirectly could be required for I-485 adjudication because of the I-130 that is also filed.

Then this part is new. It's now mentioned but it still could be like you said. It better is. I'm already bringing my own pen, can't do all the work for them 😂

Edited by Letspaintcookies

4 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Do they actually check all that stuff? I'm doing my interview alone and only have a copy of my husband's birth certificate from his military file. That will have to do it.

I brought both mine and my husband’s birth certificates and they didn’t ask for either. They didn’t ask for most of the stuff on the letter but I brought it all anyway. I’m having a total mind blank what they did actually ask me for now! 😂 I don’t think they wanted anything from my husband besides his passport photo card to prove his identity to get in the building and again when they called him into a separate room. We weren’t interviewed together due to COVID we were told they were separating spouses, which makes no sense to me! 😂 maybe because the room was tiny and the plexi glass infront of the officer would have only covered me! 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

good luck doing the interview alone. I know it can’t be helped. Do you have your date yet? 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is there anything extra we need to include with the EOD & AP renewal paperwork? I included the supporting documents that we originally sent as well as a copy of the current work authorization. Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything 

2 hours ago, A&R2019 said:

Is there anything extra we need to include with the EOD & AP renewal paperwork? I included the supporting documents that we originally sent as well as a copy of the current work authorization. Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything 

The little slip of paper that you received with your last EAD/AP and your I-485 receipt notice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.