Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@maferraric that's really good for DC. Lucky you. I'm just hoping that my interview doesn't come with a long notice. Don't want to worry about another office closure for whatever reasons 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 12:41 AM, HRQX said:

If you only got $1200 (i.e. $1200 for US citizen + $0 for K-1 AOS applicant) then in upcoming tax season you should get $1200 for K-1 AOS applicant + $0 for US citizen. See #30 on Page 2: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f1040--dft.pdf "Recovery rebate credit."

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i1040gi--dft.pdf Page 56

Thank you for the information. Last question,

will this still be possible to receive on the next tax season when we filed separately on 2019? She didnt receive any stimulus check til now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, rocoblue said:

Thank you for the information. Last question,

will this still be possible to receive on the next tax season when we filed separately on 2019? She didnt receive any stimulus check til now. 

It's an advanced payment for a 2020 tax relief so she can claim it when you do taxes for 2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 12/28/2020 at 9:35 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Just got the update that my interview was scheduled. Now waiting for the letter with the date. I'm over the moon 🥳🥳🥳

The update came 30 minutes after I paid $13 to send my ead renewal application in...

Hello,
My EAD is expiring in June 2021. I want to renew my EAD too, can you tell me the exact process. (Payment, documents...) Seems I can’t find it in the forum but I a sure there is this somewhere here. 

thank you.

Edited by sammy0013

54 minutes ago, sammy0013 said:

I want to renew my EAD too, can you tell me the exact process. (Payment, documents...)

If you paid full I-485 fee then renewal is also free: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-485instr-pc.pdf

Filing Form I-485 with Forms I-765 and I-131

If you properly file Form I-485 and pay the required fees, you may file Form I-765 and Form I-131 without paying additional fees. You may file these forms together, or if you choose to file Form I-765 or Form I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence that you filed and paid for Form I-485.

Hi,

Anyone from Phoenix? A friend of mine and his wife's NOA is February 20, 2020. His wife had her Biometrics at the end of August, she got her EAD and SSN and she is "Ready to be scheduled" since September 1st. Online it says the processing time is 14 months on Family based AOS but they would like to know if there's any movement there.

Edited by Gigi2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For anyone who filled out the paperwork to renew the work authorization:

When renewing the work authorization, do we also submit another application for the advanced parole travel document? Or will advanced parole be automatically included on the new card since it was on the original card?

5 minutes ago, A&R2019 said:

For anyone who filled out the paperwork to renew the work authorization:

When renewing the work authorization, do we also submit another application for the advanced parole travel document? Or will advanced parole be automatically included on the new card since it was on the original card?

yes you submit i-765 and i-131 applications together. nothing is automatic 

duh

Hey everyone!

Hope y'all had a great start into 2021. Congrats to the ones who have their interviews schedules or already completed.

I am a Houston filer and the processing time here is 15-29 months, so I need to practice my patience. But I am seeing that Oct 2019 filers are getting their interviews scheduled so there is some hope! In the meantime, I have sent renewal applications for EAD and AP on 2020-12-15 because mine expires in April. I just received two texts with case numbers, and looked up them up on the USCIS website:

On December 28, 2020, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number IOExxx, and mailed you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. It is being processed at our National Benefits Center location. The notice describes how we will process your case. 

I am confused because the number doesn't start with MSC. Does anybody have any additional information on that?

Also, when I used my AP in October 2020, I got a stamp in my passport saying "Paroled until 10/25/2021". Does this mean I don't need a new AP before 10/2021 and that I can leave and re-enter the country even if they don't issue me another combo card? 

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

19 minutes ago, nerdcouple said:

I am confused because the number doesn't start with MSC.

IOE number is normal for renewals.

20 minutes ago, nerdcouple said:

Does this mean I don't need a new AP before 10/2021 and that I can leave and re-enter the country even if they don't issue me another combo card? 

No. You cannot travel abroad beyond the date on I-512 document (i.e. combo card). In your case it looks like mid-April 2021.

7 hours ago, sammy0013 said:

Is it same exact address as the one we filed for I485 ? 

Yes: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses

If You Have a Pending Adjustment of Status Application

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

On 12/30/2020 at 5:50 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

@maferraric that's really good for DC. Lucky you. I'm just hoping that my interview doesn't come with a long notice. Don't want to worry about another office closure for whatever reasons 

I’m sooo happy for you!! I’ve been checking the site and waiting for you to get your interview!!!

we officially passed 300 days since case ready to be scheduled.... the joys of being in Seattle. Hoping we get something before the summertime!

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

13 hours ago, Bars&Saqi said:

we officially passed 300 days since case ready to be scheduled.... the joys of being in Seattle. Hoping we get something before the summertime!

Same here! 301 days today. Hang in there, you are not alone!

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.