Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, nerdcouple said:

Congrats!!!!! I wish I was at that stage already lol. What is you local office?

Should have checked the LFO processing times before deciding to go on with our relationships 😂😂😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi,

Just wanted to tell that I had a very smooth AOS interview this Monday,  they only asked about normal things like where we were born,  about our job situation and a few questions about how we met and decided to get married. Didnt ask for any documents,  think it took 15 minutes in total (after the waiting time ofc) :) 

Half an hour after the interview my status online was updated to approved and today I was notified that my card is being sent to me! so  looks like things are moving again, at least more than I was expected from Miami office after checking their processing times😴

Wish you all the best luck with your upcoming interviews! its gonna be fine! 

Update: 

Went to pick up my medical exam results today & asked for a completed copy of the I-693 form. Everything looks okay, all checked off as complete and no obvious issues. So I overnighted with signature receipt request, FedEx’ed the sealed envelope, with a cover letter and the RFE request letter back to the Spokane USCIS office. 

I will post again when I hear anything next or get any sort of update appear on my online accounts. 🤞🏽Fingers crossed for some good news and progress to come for me soon. 🙂

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well. We have our interview this week and I’m just making sure I have everything - on the letter it says to being “all documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status”. Is my k1 visa in my passport suffice for this? Apologies is this has been asked before! 

I think that sentence is supposed to be taken more generally. So you are eligible because you are aos-ing from k1 AND because you are married to a USC, so all the documentation that shows you are married, applied for aos within the timeframe, and your passport with the k1 visa and i-94.  

1 hour ago, ColumbusKat said:

I think that sentence is supposed to be taken more generally. So you are eligible because you are aos-ing from k1 AND because you are married to a USC, so all the documentation that shows you are married, applied for aos within the timeframe, and your passport with the k1 visa and i-94.  

Thank you! I appreciate this so much ☺️

Had our interview this morning and we were approved on the spot!! Lasted about 10 minutes. He didn’t look at any of the evidence we had. He asked for our IDs, asked if we’d ever been married before, if we have kids, if I have a job and what it was, checked our marriage certificate.  Then went through all the application questions, took my biometrics and that was it!! Our case status updated before we got to the parking lot. Overall really nice experience and so happy to be paperwork free for a while. Wishing the same smooth sailing for everyone here! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ccass410 said:

Had our interview this morning and we were approved on the spot!! Lasted about 10 minutes. He didn’t look at any of the evidence we had. He asked for our IDs, asked if we’d ever been married before, if we have kids, if I have a job and what it was, checked our marriage certificate.  Then went through all the application questions, took my biometrics and that was it!! Our case status updated before we got to the parking lot. Overall really nice experience and so happy to be paperwork free for a while. Wishing the same smooth sailing for everyone here! 

Congratulations !! That is awesome !

Can you tell us what documents did you take with you ? I'm a bit confused regarding "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application "  what documents do they mean exactly ? 

thank you 

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

3 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

Congratulations !! That is awesome !

Can you tell us what documents did you take with you ? I'm a bit confused regarding "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application "  what documents do they mean exactly ? 

thank you 

Thank you! 

I didn’t bring anything other that what was listed in the letter. The supporting documents for the application were passports, marriage cert etc so I just made sure to have originals and copies of those

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I had my interview on the 28th of October. It lasted about 30 min and everything went very well. The lady even told us we were so well prepared. However, when we were done she told me that everything looks good but my background hasn't cleared yet in their system. I only got a letter for my appointment (on the app and the website it still says "Case is ready to be scheduled". I showed her my medical there. I also still have the original and copies with me. She told me I should hear from them in around a month. I am starting to get nervous now. I've been trying to get to a representative on the phone but I'm not having any luck. 

Anyone going through the same thing? 

Edited by AnnaMaria1417

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Okay. I don't know by what miracle... but I got to speak to someone. The lady told me that there're some cases that just take a little bit longer because the system is very backed up (Basically when I went to my interview by background wasn't cleared I guess). She told me to just wait and that she could see that people are working on my case. Hopefully I don't have to get another medical exam.. but whatever I need to do by this point. So ready to be done with this. I guess if anyone's going trough something similar - we just need to be patient. 🙃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.