Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Update: new medical exam booked for 11th November.  Spoke to London and there's no chance of getting hold of the old one so I just bit the bullet and booked it. 

Hope everyone is doing great and gets good news on their cases very soon! 🤞🏽❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

On October 27th my status changed to Interview was schedule!! So excited! Does anyone know how long usually takes to recieve the date for interview after the status changes?

On 11/1/2020 at 7:27 AM, andychris said:

On October 27th my status changed to Interview was schedule!! So excited! Does anyone know how long usually takes to recieve the date for interview after the status changes?

depends on your local office waitlist 

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 11/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, andychris said:

We received our notice on October 19, when our status changed on October 14.

Timeline

On 11/2/2020 at 8:54 PM, James120383 said:

depends on your local office waitlist 

19 hours ago, He and I said:

We received our notice on October 19, when our status changed on October 14.

Thank you!! I actually received the letter November 2nd, and my interview will be December 3rd !! 

Happy Feliz GIF

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, andychris said:

Thank you!! I actually received the letter November 2nd, and my interview will be December 3rd !! 

Happy Feliz GIF

Great! And same date here!

Hello all! So we were originally scheduled for our interview for August 18th, but about a week before the interview it was cancelled.  We were rescheduled after a couple months and had the interview on Tuesday.  I brought SOOOO MUCHHH INFO and they didn't ask for anything! The only thing the interviewer looked at was my husband's passport (he is the immigrant).  He doesn't speak much English, so we had my friend as the interpreter via phone (he said I couldn't interpret which is what I was expecting).  The interviewer only asked the questions from I-485, husband was in the military in his country so he asked what his job was in the military, asked when we got married, where we got married, and that's it.  We had moved in July and so we gave him the new address (had updated USCIS like 5 times, but mail kept going to the old address).  No other questions at all. 

At the end he gave us the paper saying "we don't need anything else from you right now, we'll review your case and let you know."  I was happy they didn't ask any questions, but was so nervous to get a RFE when I had a giant binder filled with info I could give them in the interview! 

By the time we got home (we live 3hrs from the office), our "case status" switched to new card being produced, on Thursday it was "case was approved" and yesterday (Friday) it switched to "card was mailed"!

Long story short, maybe try not to freak out as much as me! I spent so much time printing evidence, labeling photos, and getting everything together.  We've been together 6 years and I lived in his country for 4+ years with him and gave a ton of info in the k1 process, so maybe that helped? Or maybe we just got lucky.

Anyways, thank you all for always updating! This site has been so helpful and it is so calming to be able to see other January filers were or were not getting interviews, ead, etc.  See you in August 2022 for I-751!

Timeline

A question for those who already had their interviews: Did you bring a certified copy of your marriage certificate to the interview? We know we already sent it on the package but was wondering if they ask for it again. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, andychris said:

A question for those who already had their interviews: Did you bring a certified copy of your marriage certificate to the interview? We know we already sent it on the package but was wondering if they ask for it again. 

No you bring the original so they can confirm that what they have belongs to your original. 

On 11/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, ColumbusKat said:

Hello all! So we were originally scheduled for our interview for August 18th, but about a week before the interview it was cancelled.  We were rescheduled after a couple months and had the interview on Tuesday. 

Congrats!!!!! I wish I was at that stage already lol. What is you local office?

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.