Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
18 hours ago, InRainbows14 said:

After 4 months in ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’, my status randomly changed to ‘Interview Cancelled’ this morning. The thing is, I never received any interview notification/ date. Has this happened to anyone else? (AOS from K1, filed in Jan 2020).

Check this posy out! it sounds similar to yours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, ccass410 said:

I got my interview appointment in the mail today for the end of November ☺️ I’m a RI filer, filed mid January and have been ready to be scheduled for interview since mid March. Hopefully the end is near (at least this part) 

Wohoo that's awesome 🥳🥳

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, ccass410 said:

I got my interview appointment in the mail today for the end of November ☺️ I’m a RI filer, filed mid January and have been ready to be scheduled for interview since mid March. Hopefully the end is near (at least this part) 

Awesome! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, ccass410 said:

Mid-Jan RI filer too! Only been ready to schedule since June. I’ll be waiting a while. So happy for you, be sure to let us know how it goes!! 

Hi guys.  

So it has been 5 weeks today since I had my greencard interview and I have heard absolutely nothing. I have tried my best to put it to the back of my mind, just relax and trust that I would hear something soon and just get on with everyday life but I am starting to get frustrated and impatient. 

I have tried to phone USCIS but the wait times are always really long and I end up having to hang up.  I went on the website and submitted an e-request inquiry today to ask what’s happening with my case.  

I really hope that they find my medical exam or at least can tell me what I can do now to progress things. I don’t have the money currently to redo my medical exam and I’m really hoping that it doesn’t come to needing to do that. 

I know someone else recently had an interview and their medical exam was found so that gives me hope. 🤞🏽

If anyone wants to send good vibes or encouragement my way... id so appreciate it! 🌻💕

3 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Hi guys.  

So it has been 5 weeks today since I had my greencard interview and I have heard absolutely nothing. I have tried my best to put it to the back of my mind, just relax and trust that I would hear something soon and just get on with everyday life but I am starting to get frustrated and impatient. 

I have tried to phone USCIS but the wait times are always really long and I end up having to hang up.  I went on the website and submitted an e-request inquiry today to ask what’s happening with my case.  

I really hope that they find my medical exam or at least can tell me what I can do now to progress things. I don’t have the money currently to redo my medical exam and I’m really hoping that it doesn’t come to needing to do that. 

I know someone else recently had an interview and their medical exam was found so that gives me hope. 🤞🏽

If anyone wants to send good vibes or encouragement my way... id so appreciate it! 🌻💕

Hope you will get it soon. Dont put too much into having the card in hand. it wont change an inch in your life.  The mental torture isnt worth it 

Edited by James120383

duh

21 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

@Meg101 oh honey I'm so sorry. But you got that. You'll get the good news soon hopefully 

Thank you! Didn’t get anywhere today sadly but I did manage to finally get through to a tier 1 agent but have been advised to call back Monday morning as she can’t help me and tier 2 aren’t taking anymore calls today. 

I saw in the December thread that a couple other people have been in my situation recently and it’s so dang frustrating. Like how do they just lose my stuff and why schedule me for interview if it’s lost? Lol. Why only now are they figuring it out when I was due to have my interview back in April. Lol. 

I hope to see some good news in here soon for other people. Gotta keep our hopes up! 🙂❤️

On 10/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, James120383 said:

Hope you will get it soon. Dont put too much into having the card in hand. it wont change an inch in your life.  The mental torture isnt worth it 

Thank you for your message.  I agree that the mental torture isn’t worth it but having my greencard will improve my life in a sense of not needing to renew my EAD/AP, not needing to use my AP when I need to go home, getting access to a better health insurance policy because mine is terrible & expensive and apparently the one i have is the only one I can get as an expired visa holder (hopefully I will get clearer information this enrollment period for 2021) and just you know; the peace of mind knowing I’m a resident and can’t be kicked out lol. 

I think I would relax more if I knew I was approved and just waiting on a card but I’m stuck in the black hole of administrative processing through no fault of my own. 

Anyway, deep breaths, you are very right in that the mental torture isn’t worth it and in the grand scheme of things I am here with my husband and we are both happy and healthy. That’s the main thing! 

I am wishing you luck for wherever you are in the process! 🙂

Timeline

Just checked my status online and it says "interview was scheduled" since october 14!!! I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to get the notice and figure out when will the big day happen!

Timeline

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is feeling as great as I am right now! Got the notice today by mail and our appointment is scheduled on Dec 3... exactly one year one day after our marriage anniversary.

Good vibes to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.