Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi, guys! I'm kinda newbie here. I also filed my AoS packet on mid January. I'm curious if there is anyone who got the interview schedule in Los Angeles field office. I think I've seen a couple of cases on December filer forum but not on here yet :( It would be very much appreciated if you guys can share some info :) Thanks!

Edited by Hyunjae

On 9/28/2020 at 8:28 AM, Nostalgia said:

Hi guys, 

I just finished the interview in Northern Virginia this morning. Long story short, my case is in the same boat as @Meg101 : they couldn't locate my medical file on their system, and the officer told us he hopes to find it within today. (which I'm not too hopeful that they find it that soon.. but fingers crossed) 

Other than that, everything went smoothly. I asked if he needs any additional documents and proofs I brought, but he didn't want them at all 😅

Any updates @Meg101

Hi! Unfortunately no updates at all since I went to the interview on the 10th. I got the same info that they hoped to find it on that day but I didn’t hold my breath because I got the instinct he was just trying to be nice and stop me worrying or asking questions lol. 

I will post on here as soon as I do get an update and I really hope you guys get some good news soon. It’s a frustrating position to be in but there’s nothing we can do now but wait! 🙂🤞🏽🌻

On 9/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, Nostalgia said:

**UPDATE** Yes! My status turned to "New card is Being Produced"!!!🙌🙌🙌🙌

Oh I just saw this one after the other!!  That's amazing, massive congratulations to you!! I am very happy to hear that you are approved and they managed to find your file. I hope your GC arrives very soon. 🤞🏽 Best of luck to you guys. You are paperwork free for 2 years.. What a relief!!! 🙂😀🙂😀

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Hi! Unfortunately no updates at all since I went to the interview on the 10th. I got the same info that they hoped to find it on that day but I didn’t hold my breath because I got the instinct he was just trying to be nice and stop me worrying or asking questions lol. 

I will post on here as soon as I do get an update and I really hope you guys get some good news soon. It’s a frustrating position to be in but there’s nothing we can do now but wait! 🙂🤞🏽🌻

Yeah I was super surprised it was actually found that day.

2 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Oh I just saw this one after the other!!  That's amazing, massive congratulations to you!! I am very happy to hear that you are approved and they managed to find your file. I hope your GC arrives very soon. 🤞🏽 Best of luck to you guys. You are paperwork free for 2 years.. What a relief!!! 🙂😀🙂😀

Thank you so so much for your kind words! I'm sorry to hear it's taking a little while to turn up for you...😢 
But it'll be found soon! I think your file is playing hide and seek for a little bit. I'm sending all of my good vibes your way! 

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

1 hour ago, Nostalgia said:

Yeah I was super surprised it was actually found that day.

Thank you so so much for your kind words! I'm sorry to hear it's taking a little while to turn up for you...😢 
But it'll be found soon! I think your file is playing hide and seek for a little bit. I'm sending all of my good vibes your way! 

Thank you, it is much appreciated! 😀🙂

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 3:59 PM, Nostalgia said:

**UPDATE** Yes! My status turned to "New card is Being Produced"!!!🙌🙌🙌🙌

Congrats ! I had a feeling you'd get it soon haha  😄😅 Hopefully the rest of us will hear good news soon as well 😄

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi! I received the letter with my interview yesterday, scheduled for November 16th. Very happy to finally get here, specially since the processing times for Miami is saying 12 to 35 months right now.

I was planning to go to my home country a few days after that date, do any of you know if I will be fine travelling with my EAD  card even though the interview will change my status? (hopefully) , or any other kind of processing that might could happen after the interview? 

Hang in there !!

best, Ellen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, eborge said:

Hi! I received the letter with my interview yesterday, scheduled for November 16th. Very happy to finally get here, specially since the processing times for Miami is saying 12 to 35 months right now.

I was planning to go to my home country a few days after that date, do any of you know if I will be fine travelling with my EAD  card even though the interview will change my status? (hopefully) , or any other kind of processing that might could happen after the interview? 

Hang in there !!

best, Ellen

I've seen many getting their GC few days (week +) after the interview, I think you should wait a bit to get your GC then travel stress free. Best of luck for your interview and let us know how it goes !

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

4 hours ago, eborge said:

Best to wait until you have GC in hand.

Or you could try getting I-551 stamp in your passport at the interview if it's clear they approved you. Do note that getting I-551 stamp at interview is rare.

USCIS_I-551-Stamp_241x161@2x.jpg

Edited by HRQX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=0&op8=Dallas+TX&interview=1&xfr=&op1=3&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11&cfl=0

this link is very helpful to determine where your local office is in processing AOS forms.    

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mwkaasj said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=0&op8=Dallas+TX&interview=1&xfr=&op1=3&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11&cfl=0

this link is very helpful to determine where your local office is in processing AOS forms.    

The last entry for interview in New Orleans was mid February 😂😂🙈

After 4 months in ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’, my status randomly changed to ‘Interview Cancelled’ this morning. The thing is, I never received any interview notification/ date. Has this happened to anyone else? (AOS from K1, filed in Jan 2020).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, InRainbows14 said:

After 4 months in ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’, my status randomly changed to ‘Interview Cancelled’ this morning. The thing is, I never received any interview notification/ date. Has this happened to anyone else? (AOS from K1, filed in Jan 2020).

I read about it happen to others but don't remember how that turned out. Seemed to be more a glitch in the system than anything to worry about.

17 hours ago, InRainbows14 said:

Have you changed address recently?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.