Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Thank you. I feel the same way. Like how on Earth is this only now coming to light that it’s not in my file? 😔 I was originally supposed to have an interview in April but it was cancelled. Surely it should have been looked at even before that stage and could have been resolved WAY before now. 

I’m very upset and disappointed. I was really blind sided by this. I thought if we needed further processing it would be to do with other things in our case. Not something they have messed up on. I’m going to try hard to stay positive but as I’m sure everyone can relate, wherever you are in the stage of waiting, this process is tiring and can take a toll on mental health and on a marriage. 😔

Heres hoping for a resolution soon. 🌻

Hey! Don't be too disheartened - you proved the most difficult part of the interview which is having a bona fide marriage. The rest is bureaucratic fluff that you will definitely get through.

Since Seattle has such a long wait time, I am banking on my husband's medical exam expiring, and will definitely get an I-693 before the interview, whenever it is scheduled. I would suggest others to do the same if they are financially capable, even if their medical exam is not expired, because I have seen that most USCIS officers are super picky/incompetent when it comes to the I-693 and issue RFE's for it left and right.

I would suggest you to call the Spokane office, or at least a USCIS Tier 2 and see if you can send them a new completed I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon instead of waiting on the lost file (because 1) who knows if they will find it, especially with the short staff and so much backlog of paperwork due to the pandemic and 2) you don't want to wait an indefinite amount of time).

That's what I would do personally, because I have no trust in USCIS to care enough about my case to look for it - we all know they put the burden of everything on us even if it is USCIS error. Good luck to you my friend - this too shall pass!

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

29 minutes ago, Bars&Saqi said:

Hey! Don't be too disheartened - you proved the most difficult part of the interview which is having a bona fide marriage. The rest is bureaucratic fluff that you will definitely get through.

Since Seattle has such a long wait time, I am banking on my husband's medical exam expiring, and will definitely get an I-693 before the interview, whenever it is scheduled. I would suggest others to do the same if they are financially capable, even if their medical exam is not expired, because I have seen that most USCIS officers are super picky/incompetent when it comes to the I-693 and issue RFE's for it left and right.

I would suggest you to call the Spokane office, or at least a USCIS Tier 2 and see if you can send them a new completed I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon instead of waiting on the lost file (because 1) who knows if they will find it, especially with the short staff and so much backlog of paperwork due to the pandemic and 2) you don't want to wait an indefinite amount of time).

That's what I would do personally, because I have no trust in USCIS to care enough about my case to look for it - we all know they put the burden of everything on us even if it is USCIS error. Good luck to you my friend - this too shall pass!

Thank you for your kind words, support and advice!  I completely see where you are coming from and you have made some good suggestions. Things are difficult for us financially and it’s incredibly frustrating to think about finding money for a new medical exam when I have already done that and there’s nothing wrong with the one I had, besides them somehow losing it. 🙄🤷🏽‍♀️

I just checked the old website out of curiosity to see if there had been anything updated in my status and saw this (attached pic)

The new website remains in the same ‘interview cancelled’ stage that it has been in since March. 

I think I’ll take a few days to think about what approach to take and try cheer myself up for my birthday on Wednesday! 🙂🌻🎈🎁

304E0CC9-00FF-4F61-B56D-AD1DD8637F84.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Meg101 said:

Thank you for your kind words, support and advice!  I completely see where you are coming from and you have made some good suggestions. Things are difficult for us financially and it’s incredibly frustrating to think about finding money for a new medical exam when I have already done that and there’s nothing wrong with the one I had, besides them somehow losing it. 🙄🤷🏽‍♀️

I just checked the old website out of curiosity to see if there had been anything updated in my status and saw this (attached pic)

The new website remains in the same ‘interview cancelled’ stage that it has been in since March. 

I think I’ll take a few days to think about what approach to take and try cheer myself up for my birthday on Wednesday! 🙂🌻🎈🎁

304E0CC9-00FF-4F61-B56D-AD1DD8637F84.jpeg

I am sorry to hear this, I hope they will find it soon or just waive it ! If anything you have proved your relationship is legit and that is the most important. Can I ask you what is the new website you mentioned ? I only know this one https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Happy birthday btw ! 

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

1 hour ago, whiterose123 said:

I am sorry to hear this, I hope they will find it soon or just waive it ! If anything you have proved your relationship is legit and that is the most important. Can I ask you what is the new website you mentioned ? I only know this one https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Happy birthday btw ! 

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It sure is a privilege to be approaching another year older. 🎁🌻

Incase anyone else was also wondering, I refer to the websites as old and new and these are the links I use: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do;jsessionid=871D8F6D91759711A8CC8469567EB943

^^ This looks almost identical to what you are using. This one I have found (since my K1 visa application days) to be updated most frequently but the information on there is limited. You just paste in your case number and it brings up one page of info - which is what I screen shotted. 

The new website links in with the USCIS app and they also send you email alerts whenever your case is updated so you don’t need to search each time. You can see the history of all your cases on there too with more detail. I just find it doesn’t seem to be updated as quickly or as often anymore, at least for my case anyway so I always check both.🙂

https://myaccount.uscis.gov

I hope this helps. 🙂

Edited by Meg101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would definitely recommend sending your Senator and House Congress person a letter explaining everything.   You are now eligible for case expediting with a USCIS error.    I would reference the expediting guidelines in your letter and ask for help resolving.    They will possibly not make you redo medical if they are lost.       

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htm

i would also call and discuss with tier II and file the expedite paperwork quoting the policy.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

much luck to you

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

52 minutes ago, Mwkaasj said:

I would definitely recommend sending your Senator and House Congress person a letter explaining everything.   You are now eligible for case expediting with a USCIS error.    I would reference the expediting guidelines in your letter and ask for help resolving.    They will possibly not make you redo medical if they are lost.       

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htm

i would also call and discuss with tier II and file the expedite paperwork quoting the policy.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

much luck to you

Thank you so much, this is really useful information and some avenues I hadn’t even thought about going down. (I’m still pretty emotional! 🙈

I’ll take a look into this. If you have any other suggestions to advice, I would love to hear. Feel free to private message me if you would prefer. 

Thank you again. The support in this container is so wonderful and it makes it so much nicer being able to share experiences with people who ‘get it’. 

Best of luck to you on your journey too. 💜

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Thank you so much, this is really useful information and some avenues I hadn’t even thought about going down. (I’m still pretty emotional! 🙈

I’ll take a look into this. If you have any other suggestions to advice, I would love to hear. Feel free to private message me if you would prefer. 

Thank you again. The support in this container is so wonderful and it makes it so much nicer being able to share experiences with people who ‘get it’. 

Best of luck to you on your journey too. 💜

Hang in there!! I can feel your disappointment when it is so close to be done!😢   USCIS never ceases to amaze us🙄

I did a quick search here on VJ and there are a BUNCH of cases like yours! Many of them said their records were found shortly after.

I'm praying yours will turn up soon!!! and happy birthday🎉

Edited by Nostalgia

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

5 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Hang in there!! I can feel your disappointment when it is so close to be done!😢   USCIS never ceases to amaze us🙄

I did a quick search here on VJ and there are a BUNCH of cases like yours! Many of them said their records were found shortly after.

I'm praying yours will turn up soon!!! and happy birthday🎉

Thank you so much. I did do a quick search for medicals on here but I was finding trails of threads that were more about people completing their medical now rather than it being lost. I really appreciate your superior searching skills! 🙂👍🏽🥰

Here is hoping that my file is found soon and thank you for the birthday wishes too. 🎉🤩🥂

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kat & K said:

Hey guys, after 12 days of “interview was scheduled” we received the letter in the mail today. October 19th, Honolulu. Home stretch! Let the documents and paperwork assembling  begin once again 😁 I’ll let you know how it went. 

That's so exiting!!

Timeline

Hi guys, 

I just finished the interview in Northern Virginia this morning. Long story short, my case is in the same boat as @Meg101 : they couldn't locate my medical file on their system, and the officer told us he hopes to find it within today. (which I'm not too hopeful that they find it that soon.. but fingers crossed) 

Other than that, everything went smoothly. I asked if he needs any additional documents and proofs I brought, but he didn't want them at all 😅

Any updates @Meg101

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

Hi guys, 

I just finished the interview in Northern Virginia this morning. Long story short, my case is in the same boat as @Meg101 : they couldn't locate my medical file on their system, and the officer told us he hopes to find it within today. (which I'm not too hopeful that they find it that soon.. but fingers crossed) 

Other than that, everything went smoothly. I asked if he needs any additional documents and proofs I brought, but he didn't want them at all 😅

Any updates @Meg101

Hopefully  they will find it soon , but it's still good that ur interview went smooth ! Did they tell you at the spot if you are approved ?

AOS from K1

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

Timeline
42 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

Hopefully  they will find it soon , but it's still good that ur interview went smooth ! Did they tell you at the spot if you are approved ?

Thank you!

It's not approved yet; the officer told us that only thing that is stopping him from approving is the medical.

He sounded like he'll be able to locate it soon..., but we'll see.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

Thank you!

It's not approved yet; the officer told us that only thing that is stopping him from approving is the medical.

He sounded like he'll be able to locate it soon..., but we'll see.

That's very positive, you'll soon hear good news ☺️ Best of luck !

AOS from K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.