Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mwkaasj said:

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾. Can you expedite the interview?   I didn’t think that was possible.

Thank you!!

I've seen some cases got expedited for military couple due to relocation to overseas..

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Is this normal?   I usually just check the case status and don't usually sign into the account but when I didn't where is a "Case Status" tab and "Case History" tab.   On the i-485 these tabs show "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview" as of July 27th but the Case history tab also shows "Interview Cancelled" on July 27th.   Both say waiting to be rescheduled.    But we never got notice of an interview?    So why say descheduled?    Is this what others are seeing that are waiting for interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a notice that my case went from ‘ready to be scheduled’ to ‘cancelled scheduled interview’. 

On July 20th it said ready to be scheduled. Didn’t receive any paper mail. And now it says ‘cancelled scheduled interview’. 

Anyone have any insights about this? 

thank you 

Timeline
On 8/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, HRQX said:

SSN isn't needed to begin employment. Though, it can delay your paycheck. It'll depend on the employer's payroll department.

This is false. Legally, you need to complete your I-9 paperwork within 3 days of employment. 

52 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

This is false. Legally, you need to complete your I-9 paperwork within 3 days of employment. 

The SSN field on Form I-9 can be left blank.

W-4 Withholding Certificate would be submitted later. That is why many payroll departments cannot issue paychecks until SSN is provided. So lack of SSN does not affect employment authorization, but can delay paycheck:

Timeline
41 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The SSN field on Form I-9 can be left blank.

W-4 Withholding Certificate would be submitted later. That is why many payroll departments cannot issue paychecks until SSN is provided. So lack of SSN does not affect employment authorization, but can delay paycheck:

Interesting. i was going by this:

Employers must complete and sign Section 2 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within 3 business days of the date of hire of their employee (the hire date means the first day of work for pay). For example, if your employee began work for pay on Monday, you must complete Section 2 by Thursday of that week.”

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/complete-correct-form-i-9/completing-section-2-employer-review-and-attestation

15 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

Interesting. i was going by this:

Employers must complete and sign Section 2 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within 3 business days of the date of hire of their employee (the hire date means the first day of work for pay). For example, if your employee began work for pay on Monday, you must complete Section 2 by Thursday of that week.”

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/complete-correct-form-i-9/completing-section-2-employer-review-and-attestation

As that part says, Section 2 is completed by "Employers." Section 1 clearly says "Employees must complete and sign Section 1 of Form I-9 no later than the first day of employment, but not before accepting a job offer."

Regardless, SSN field can be left blank as even not all US citizens have SSN: "In some religious communities these are called control numbers, not SSNs, and individuals who have these numbers may insist that they do not have SSNs for other purposes, such as obtaining identification with the MVA." https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110225035 Those individuals only use the "control number" for IRS-4029 and nothing else. https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-4029

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, Joe Minero said:

Is this normal?   I usually just check the case status and don't usually sign into the account but when I didn't where is a "Case Status" tab and "Case History" tab.   On the i-485 these tabs show "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview" as of July 27th but the Case history tab also shows "Interview Cancelled" on July 27th.   Both say waiting to be rescheduled.    But we never got notice of an interview?    So why say descheduled?    Is this what others are seeing that are waiting for interview?

3 hours ago, Zsazsa said:

Just got a notice that my case went from ‘ready to be scheduled’ to ‘cancelled scheduled interview’. 

On July 20th it said ready to be scheduled. Didn’t receive any paper mail. And now it says ‘cancelled scheduled interview’. 

Anyone have any insights about this? 

thank you 

Might be another glitch in the system. Maybe you get lucky and get rescheduled soon for the never scheduled but canceled interview 😄

Nothing new about my case. 189 days since ready to schedule 😕

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Might be another glitch in the system. Maybe you get lucky and get rescheduled soon for the never scheduled but canceled interview 😄

Nooooo? 

Ugh. Well it’s been almost 5 weeks and still no SSN for me. Lost my employment opportunity and I’m serious when I say - it was an amazing one. I’m absolutely gutted about it. I’m not a happy girl. 🙃

I’ll hang in there if you do 😉

Also, my I-486 status shows:

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview 

Does yours show the same? 

Edited by Zsazsa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Nothing either about mine... 148 days since it’s ready to be scheduled... this is so frustrating 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, He and I said:

Nothing either about mine... 148 days since it’s ready to be scheduled... this is so frustrating 

Ok so it’s only been 45 days for me. I am sure I have a long way to go. Just wonder what this ‘update’ was. If, in fact, it’s an update at all. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

18 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Same! Going on 177 days. But I’m in Seattle so this is nothing 😢

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Timeline
On 9/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, Zsazsa said:

Nooooo? 

Ugh. Well it’s been almost 5 weeks and still no SSN for me. Lost my employment opportunity and I’m serious when I say - it was an amazing one. I’m absolutely gutted about it. I’m not a happy girl. 🙃

I’ll hang in there if you do 😉

Also, my I-486 status shows:

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview 

Does yours show the same? 

Oh boy they really don't play easy on you. That sucks so much. But yes, we'll hang in there and eventually we'll get done with all this because we're the most amazing January group ever 😊😊

Yes mine shows the same since the ready to be scheduled update.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Oh boy they really don't play easy on you. That sucks so much. But yes, we'll hang in there and eventually we'll get done with all this because we're the most amazing January group ever 😊😊

Yes mine shows the same since the ready to be scheduled update.

Totally the best group on here. This group has seen me through my highest highs and lowest lows during this whole process. I am so done, and just ready for it to be over. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

Totally the best group on here. This group has seen me through my highest highs and lowest lows during this whole process. I am so done, and just ready for it to be over. 

We all have our fair share of highs and lows here and yes, I can't wait for it to be over too. Just so that the clock can start ticking for the next round to come 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.