Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, maferraric said:

4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007, and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and payment of the appropriate form filing fee. If you did not pay the appropriate Form I-485 filing
fee because your filing fee was waived or you are exempt from paying it, you must pay the Form I-765 filing fee or request that the filing fee be waived.

They'll soon change it to say the following; https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-16389.pdf

"4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007, and before October 2, 2020 and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and before October 2, 2020 and payment of the appropriate form filing fee. If you did not pay the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee because your filing fee was waived or you are exempt from paying it, you must pay the Form I-765 filing fee or request that the filing fee be waived."

So basically, C9 renewals will remain free for those that file I-485 (and pay full I-485 fee) before 10/02/20.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, maferraric said:

Yikes! We started the process in Florida (office was Jacksonville), but we moved to Arlington, VA in April and so did our case (to DC office)...

I didn’t know they were so behind, that sucks, we’ll be waiting forever. Luckily I have my EAD and landed a full time job in early July so, it would not make a big difference in my life to have the green card. Except that naturalization is also being delayed as the 3 years period starts with green card aproval.

Best wishes to all

Welcome to NOVA! I live in Virginia too.
Yeah Jacksonville would've been faster probably..😢  But it is what it is!
Yes I'm so glad I have EAD now, but I've been asked to present my legal status doc several times now (at bank, DMV etc) so I'd be so relieved to have a green card in my hand. Green card would be so much easier than Passport+K1+NOA+marriage certificate+name change proof 🤣

Edited by Nostalgia

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Welcome to NOVA! I live in Virginia too.
Yeah Jacksonville would've been faster probably..😢  But it is what it is!
Yes I'm so glad I have EAD now, but I've been asked to present my legal status doc several times now (at bank, DMV etc) so I'd be so relieved to have a green card in my hand. Green card would be so much easier than Passport+K1+NOA+marriage certificate+name change proof 🤣

Well for now the EAD is your proof for legal status. So it's a bit better 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great Friday! 

I had quite the surprise today. I walked to the mailbox and found a letter for my rescheduled (cancelled in March for mid April due to corona) greencard interview. 

It is on September 10th (weirdly my K1 visa interview was also on this exact date in 2019!) Neither the old or new websites have been updated to say anything. I’m still stuck in the ‘interview cancelled and notice ordered’ stage that I was in since March.

So this has blown me away honestly!

Just thought I would share with you guys to inject some hope. It’s been so crappy hearing radio silence since March but maybe things are looking up finally guys.

Hang on in there. 🌻🤞🏽

🙂

Aah congrats!!! Thats great news :) Good luck with the interview and let us know how it went!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/18/2020 at 7:51 AM, Nostalgia said:

I would go check your local VJ thread. I'm following Washington DC AOS thread, and DC office is now scheduling interviews with April 2019 filers. 🤦‍♀️ 
8-9 more months wait for me!🙄

2019?????oh heck naw!! That’s crazy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/18/2020 at 9:58 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

You can check the processing times of your LFO for the last 3 months to see if somebody already had an interview there

How do I do that? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, JaQueen said:

How do I do that? 

Not official on USCIS but here on VJ. You can change the timeframe on top 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?history=90

On 8/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, Kat & K said:

Aah congrats!!! Thats great news :) Good luck with the interview and let us know how it went!! 

Thank you!! I’ll be sure to post on here with any updates and info on the process. 😀🌻

On 8/18/2020 at 12:04 PM, HRQX said:

They'll soon change it to say the following; https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-16389.pdf

"4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007, and before October 2, 2020 and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and before October 2, 2020 and payment of the appropriate form filing fee. If you did not pay the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee because your filing fee was waived or you are exempt from paying it, you must pay the Form I-765 filing fee or request that the filing fee be waived."

So basically, C9 renewals will remain free for those that file I-485 (and pay full I-485 fee) before 10/02/20.

I am so glad to read this because this is how I initially interpreted the pdf too! There has been many people on VJ and the Facebook page saying that EAD renewals will no longer be free after October 2, even for those who filed I-485 before then. I was really worried about this because my LFO is Seattle, so we will definitely need EAD renewal before we see a greencard interview notice. 

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

On 8/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, Meg101 said:

Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great Friday! 

I had quite the surprise today. I walked to the mailbox and found a letter for my rescheduled (cancelled in March for mid April due to corona) greencard interview. 

It is on September 10th (weirdly my K1 visa interview was also on this exact date in 2019!) Neither the old or new websites have been updated to say anything. I’m still stuck in the ‘interview cancelled and notice ordered’ stage that I was in since March.

So this has blown me away honestly!

Just thought I would share with you guys to inject some hope. It’s been so crappy hearing radio silence since March but maybe things are looking up finally guys.

Hang on in there. 🌻🤞🏽

🙂

Oh my God!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you and so happy for you!!!!!!

I am praying everything goes well and you are the first in our little cohort to have her greencard in hand!!!

Also a little jealous that if I lived just a couple hundred miles east I could have my husband's interview scheduled too. Sigh! 

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

14 hours ago, Bars&Saqi said:

Oh my God!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you and so happy for you!!!!!!

I am praying everything goes well and you are the first in our little cohort to have her greencard in hand!!!

Also a little jealous that if I lived just a couple hundred miles east I could have my husband's interview scheduled too. Sigh! 

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm, support and kindness. It’s appreciated. 🙂

Times have been very tough here in many different areas of life but in spite of everything I feel so lucky to have this opportunity so quickly compared to other parts of America or even the same state. I wish Seattle’s processing times were much quicker for you guys. It’s crazy to think I could have been a greencard holder since April already when my original interview was scheduled and I could have had my GC even before my EAD lol. But that wasn’t meant to be... I hope this time around is and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you (or anyone else) has on the process from here. ❤️

Good luck to everyone else. This will be you all writing this too, it’s just a matter of WHEN! So hold onto that hope and practice as much patience as possible. 🙂🌻

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

This is weird, but after I wrote here that I'll wait 8-9 more months for the interview, I got a notification that my interview was scheduled!!!

I just received a letter too. DC office is now scheduling April 2019 filers so I don't know why I got this..(I didn't expedite)

But I'm so excited!!  🙌

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

This is weird, but after I wrote here that I'll wait 8-9 more months for the interview, I got a notification that my interview was scheduled!!!

I just received a letter too. DC office is now scheduling April 2019 filers so I don't know why I got this..(I didn't expedite)

But I'm so excited!!  🙌

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾. Can you expedite the interview?   I didn’t think that was possible.

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.