Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, He and I said:

there is a chance that the other could be too and not during this interview... Am I the only one thinking that sounds weird 😉?

I am thinking the same thing. And wouldn't that make the interview slots take a longer time per case.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

I am thinking the same thing. And wouldn't that make the interview slots take a longer time per case.

100% agree

4 hours ago, He and I said:

So weird... I mean as couple you are supposed to live together so if one of you is already infected by covid there is a chance that the other could be too and not during this interview... Am I the only one thinking that sounds weird 😉?

Maybe because 3 is too many people in the room, I don't know 🤷🏼

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
51 minutes ago, MNH said:

What is LFO. Sorry, novice here.

The local field office where your interview will take place.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, JaQueen said:

Has anyone received an interview date since the offices reopened? Our case has been “ready for interview” since April 2nd! 

Same thing with our case... "ready to be scheduled' since April 8... this wait just drives us crazy...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, He and I said:

Same thing with our case... "ready to be scheduled' since April 8... this wait just drives us crazy...

This is a long wait Smh, it’s ridiculous. I want to know if anyone got an appointment date so I can see how long it’s taking Fr the time Their case has been ready for interview. 

41 minutes ago, JaQueen said:

This is a long wait Smh, it’s ridiculous. I want to know if anyone got an appointment date so I can see how long it’s taking Fr the time Their case has been ready for interview. 

I know a girl who filed in March 2019 and just got the interview scheduled 🤦

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 hours ago, JaQueen said:

I would go check your local VJ thread. I'm following Washington DC AOS thread, and DC office is now scheduling interviews with April 2019 filers. 🤦‍♀️ 
8-9 more months wait for me!🙄

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

I would go check your local VJ thread. I'm following Washington DC AOS thread, and DC office is now scheduling interviews with April 2019 filers. 🤦‍♀️ 
8-9 more months wait for me!🙄

Yikes! We started the process in Florida (office was Jacksonville), but we moved to Arlington, VA in April and so did our case (to DC office)...

I didn’t know they were so behind, that sucks, we’ll be waiting forever. Luckily I have my EAD and landed a full time job in early July so, it would not make a big difference in my life to have the green card. Except that naturalization is also being delayed as the 3 years period starts with green card aproval.

Best wishes to all

Timeline
1 hour ago, maferraric said:

Yikes! We started the process in Florida (office was Jacksonville), but we moved to Arlington, VA in April and so did our case (to DC office)...

I didn’t know they were so behind, that sucks, we’ll be waiting forever. Luckily I have my EAD and landed a full time job in early July so, it would not make a big difference in my life to have the green card. Except that naturalization is also being delayed as the 3 years period starts with green card aproval.

Best wishes to all

I used to say that too about the greencard but I do get a bit nervous that USCIS will be so destroyed at some point that I'll get problems with the EAD renewal. So I still hope for a interview in the near future but so far the small group of people with New Orleans as LFO has heard nothing.

Timeline
10 hours ago, JaQueen said:

You can check the processing times of your LFO for the last 3 months to see if somebody already had an interview there

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I used to say that too about the greencard but I do get a bit nervous that USCIS will be so destroyed at some point that I'll get problems with the EAD renewal. So I still hope for a interview in the near future but so far the small group of people with New Orleans as LFO has heard nothing.

True that.

I read some docs about filing for renewal and it says do not file before 180 days of expiration. I don’t really know how long before expiration should I file for renewal.

At least theres is no charge according to this:

”Renewal EAD. If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is
not required for:
1. (a)(8) Citizen of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, or Palau;
2. (a)(10) Granted Withholding of Deportation;
3. (c)(l), (c)(4), or (c)(7) Dependent of certain foreign government, international organization, or NATO personnel; and
4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007, and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and payment of the appropriate form filing fee. If you did not pay the appropriate Form I-485 filing
fee because your filing fee was waived or you are exempt from paying it, you must pay the Form I-765 filing fee or request that the filing fee be waived.
Replacement for Lost, Stolen, or Damaged EAD. If you are requesting a replace”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.