Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nostalgia said:

Virginia DMV office.😅  

I'm transferring my Japanese license to here so I knew it'll take some time (they said about 1 month), and shortly after the office closed so I am still waiting.. 

I should contact their customer service!

Wow that's crazy. You could have gotten 5 new ones in between 😉

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys

This video is about why USCIS has now a long delay producing green card and ead as well...

I'm as well a Jan 2020 filer :

I485 Filed: Jan 20/2020

Bio: Feb 27/2020

EAD Filed: Feb 24/2020

I485: Ready to be scheduled for an interview: Apr 8/2020

Combo card: received Apr 18/2020

Since then... nothing :(

`

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Wow that's crazy. You could have gotten 5 new ones in between 😉

Haha yeah I regret now I should've just taken the driving test. 
I called them yesterday and they said they might have lost my file🤣🤣🤣

Wow DMV. I'm speechless!

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Hey all, 

happy to see all the cases that have made some progress in the past weeks!

@Nostalgia @Meg101 @yoda one for me

I started to freelance this week ;) I have been on the job market for 3 months and didn't reach the final goal yet. I have been very picky though and applied for about 90 jobs "only". My husband works for a small startup that has been growing fast since the Covid outbreak. They increased their workforce from 35 to 50 people in the last 4 months and 80% of them report to him. They needed a project manager for the next 4-6 weeks and asked if I was interested. Because I was so tired of the job search, Corona, and the political situation I accepted. It is weird to work with your spouse but this week it worked really well. On day 2 they asked if I wanted to work there permanently and what my salary reqs were ;) I want to push this conversation into the future because I make way more money as a freelancer lol. And I also want to see how the new dynamics in our marriage go. Paperwork-wise: I track my hours and send them an invoice once a month to bill for my services. As far as I have researched I need to report my income to IRS once a quarter and pay 15.3% taxes after expenses.

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received my children’s SSN cards in the mail today. Not mine. And I so desperately need mine. 

their I-765 cases went straight to ‘case received’ to ‘card being produced’. Mine went from ‘case received’ to ‘card requested’ to ‘approved’. 

Has anyone received their card without notification that it was shipped?

Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 5:02 PM, cammi9988 said:

It takes 3 weeks to have your card mailed out.

Ok thanks. My kids’ were approved last week - went straight to approved and received card this week. So weird. 

Timeline

I’m amazed at how long it takes for the EAD/AP cards to get produced/mailed. My children had their cases approved and cards received within a week. Funny because neither of them are even old enough to work. 🙄

Timeline

Just received notification that my EAS card was mailed. No tracking number though. Hmmmmm? Did everyone else get a tracking number? Also, will my SSN be attached?

Edited by Zsazsa

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zsazsa said:

Just received notification that my EAS card was mailed. No tracking number though. Hmmmmm? Did everyone else get a tracking number? Also, will my SSN be attached?

You'll get another update when USPS has picked it up. That will include the tracking number

Timeline
3 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Have folks here been receiving Biometrics recently ?

I don't recall anybody in the January group without biometrics 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Anyone else have this twist to the wait for interview.   Back in May we achieved the status of "ready to be scheduled....for an interview".   Then we just had the status update that as of this date in July the status is "ready to be scheduled....for an interview".    So the only change I can see is they reset the date to end of July on the notification.   Still says they will schedule the interview and send a notice.     Anyone know what's up?    I am hoping it means they are actually scheduling interviews but I'm not sure why the updated the date in the Case Status to July?   Any clues as to what this implies as far as an interview date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, eborge said:

I think it was 6-7 weeks for me! 

Question, was that 6-7 weeks from when your EAD was approved or from when you received your EAD in the mail? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.