Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Oh my God finally 🎉🎉🎉 I'm so happy for you. That's unbelievable 

Serrrrrriously! I have been going out of my mind. Like, for real. My job was so kind as to extend the offer and be patient with me. Now I just gotta get my hands on a SSN. Not outta the woods yet. Not celebrating yet. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

Serrrrrriously! I have been going out of my mind. Like, for real. My job was so kind as to extend the offer and be patient with me. Now I just gotta get my hands on a SSN. Not outta the woods yet. Not celebrating yet. 

But you can start working even without an SSN. They can't pay you for that time but could probably backpay once you get one.

Plus SSA seems to accept the job reason as an important enough reason to allow you an appointment to get a SSN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I had requested a SSN on my I-765. 

How long did it take everyone to receive their SSN? 

thank you 

I think it was 6-7 weeks for me! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, eborge said:

I think it was 6-7 weeks for me! 

I'm just a bit confused. Is the SSN number not on the EAD card? We indicated we wa nted both on 765 application

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I'm just a bit confused. Is the SSN number not on the EAD card? We indicated we wa nted both on 765 application

No, it comes separately! From the social security office. 

53 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I had requested a SSN on my I-765. 

How long did it take everyone to receive their SSN? 

thank you 

I received my SSN three days after approval. My EAD took two weeks so I had my SSN first! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, ccass410 said:

I received my SSN three days after approval. My EAD took two weeks so I had my SSN first! 

Really? That’s amazing. Just showed up in the mail? Good for you!!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, eborge said:

No, it comes separately! From the social security office. 

I wont need to go to the social security office right it should come in on its own?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I wont need to go to the social security office right it should come in on its own?

Yes, as long as you asked for it in the i-765(which I read you did) it should come on its own . Sometimes it doesnt, then you'll need to contact them directly.  But everything takes more time now- so it could take like in my case, several weeks :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, eborge said:

Yes, as long as you asked for it in the i-765(which I read you did) it should come on its own . Sometimes it doesnt, then you'll need to contact them directly.  But everything takes more time now- so it could take like in my case, several weeks :)

Thanks so much for the help! 🙌🏿💛

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/10/2020 at 2:33 AM, InRainbows14 said:

Congrats! Mine was also approved on June 25th, but the status has been stuck on ‘Case Was Approved‘ for 2 weeks. Did your status change yet? 

Thank you!! and congrats to you too 🎉
It's been 3 weeks and still says Case was approved 😒 Did it change for you already?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.