Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

You're here in the January group. Does that mean you filed in January and still haven't heard anything? That would definitely a problem

Sorry, the package was received on 6/25 but I have not heard anything yet inclusing no cashed check. 

I then reviewed a lot of posts here including one from Inrainbow14 who had the same situation and posted this in Feb 2020. Inrainbow 14 finally called USCIS after 3-4 weeks and found out that they already processed his application Jan 2020 but he could not find check cased.

that s why I got confused and asked him directly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, cammi9988 said:

This number is for people in military. 

It dont matter, they'r not even going to ask. Thats just a quick way to get to them. They answer the phone right away 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, cammi9988 said:

How did you obtain the tracking number of your card? Thank you 

I went to USCIS website and clicked on the last update "Card was mailed to Me" and it'll show you the tracking number and the date that USPS picked up the card 

2 minutes ago, JaQueen said:

No! still awaiting delivery Scan since yesterday even though it was out for delivery wednesday. 

You might want to go to check with your local post office, the sooner the better, that was how they lost my first conditional green card, and I had to file for a replacement.

Edited by cammi9988
Wrong

On 6/30/2020 at 5:41 PM, Karosuko said:

Update: my status just changed to “card was mailed to me” 🥳 

congrats on receiving your card. Did you case status ever got changed to card was picked up by post office?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

congrats on receiving your card. Did you case status ever got changed to card was picked up by post office?

No it didn’t. It went to card was mailed and then straight to card was delivered.

Just now, Karosuko said:

No it didn’t. It went to card was mailed and then straight to card was delivered.

So that I guess I have to rely on informed delivery in order to obtain the tracking number. I have the card was mailed status since yesterday, but no tracking number until now. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 7:50 AM, Joe Minero said:

Is anyone who filed for AOS in January getting an interview ??

I have  been reviewing the timelines of a lot of December, January, February AOS filers.   It appears to me that everyone is getting to the same point of receiving their EAD's and AP but I don't see anyone getting an interview or their green card (except folks adjusting from K-1 who had interview overseas and their US interview can be waived).    With the news of a big layoff soon hitting USCIS are we going to all be in limbo for a long time or is the i-485 interview log-jam clearing and it's not apparent in the timelines yet??

"adjusting from K-1 who had interview overseas and their US interview can be waived"

is this true?! where did you find the information??? would you mind to share the link plzzzzzz???

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

On 7/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, HRQX said:

There isn't a USCIS page about it. But it does happen:

AOS from student visa:

AOS from tourist visa example

All of this is promising, but it’s important to point out that all of those people already had interviews scheduled. It seems like the COVID-related cancellation of those interviews triggered the waivers.

I wonder if there are any cases of interviews being waived before they have been scheduled? If not, it seems like those of us without interviews scheduled could be in for a long wait, given the inevitable backlog from the offices being closed. Have they even resumed GC interviews yet? From what I’ve seen, only Naturalization ceremonies have restarted (I could be wrong).

Wow, all this, on top of the possibility of 70% of their staff being furloughed, and an apparent card-printing standstill. I didn’t think this process could get any more stressful - all we can do is stay positive, I guess! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zsazsa said:

Card being produced as of this morning!! 

Oh my God finally 🎉🎉🎉 I'm so happy for you. That's unbelievable 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.